logo

Cash for Laptops
Price Scam & Damaged Laptop
3. (38 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
4. (41 mins ago)

Posted:    Donna

charges

Comprehensive Expert Detective
I was charged $19.95 for software that I never ordered
I intend to notify my bank NOT to pay
The software was ordered by a Nancy L Cornell and she is the one to pay this fee, as I do not know this person
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2008 by   norman bysheim 0 Votes
IS THIS A CONTECT OR SOMETHING???? TAKE THIS OFF MY E-MAIL RIGHT AWAY. THIS IS B.S. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO E-MAIL YOU THAT I DO NOT KNOW NANCY CORNELL AND I DO NOT HAVE OR WANT A PAYPAL ACCOUNT, BECAUSE YOUR COMPANY HIDES BEHIND THE E-MAIL ONLY, NO NUMBER TO CALL AND TAKE TO A REAL PERSON.
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   jURESKA 0 Votes
I just got one to i don't know this person either and paypal better fix this because we trusted this paypal company and i hope this stop with the same name nancy l...
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   juanita stokes 0 Votes
i just got your e-mail and i dont know who you are. if you yake any money out of my bank i will be going to a lawer and you will pay for it. you better be taking my e-mail off of your list know. you better fix this now.
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   Andrew 0 Votes
Guys..., support@PayPal.Inc.com is a common scam email... i receive around like 1 per day from them lol... just ignore it... search online a bit before you do anything... Do not click that link and login to your paypal...
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   sara 0 Votes
I keep getting these emails. I haven't seen anything taken out of my account though. Hummmm...
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   Tom Petty 0 Votes
I'm constantly gettin these types of emails.

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $19.95 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

Payment Details

Business: ResearchAnyone.com
Contact E-Mail: sales@researchanyone.com

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to dispute transaction
and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at sales@researchanyone.com.

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID PP344

Funny thing is, I don't even have a paypal account and I've gotten this same mailing 76 times.
 25th of Jul, 2008 by   Cassandra Zachmeyer 0 Votes
I am just now getting this email for a charge dispute and I do not have a paypal account and do not want one. I will not reset my ISP limitations nor will I reset my security so they can get whatever information they want. I want a phone number that I can call them. I also informed my bank of this transaction and not to pay on this, since I did not purchase it. I am very angry about this and if anyone has the number to call email me please.
 26th of Jul, 2008 by   June Whitehead 0 Votes
I recieved an email saying some Nancy L Cornell had made a payment by credit card to RESEARCHANYONE.COM on my paypal account & another that someone is trying o access my paypal account with the wrong password.I do not have a paypal account or credit cards & do not know any Nancy L Cornell.By the looks of the other emails you guys have recieved I'd say someone is doing a major scam & trying to suck a lot of innocent people into their scam.I think you better get to the bottom of this ASAP!!!I am saveing the emails I have recieved to show to police.This is not the first time someone has tried to scam me & this time they are not getting away with it.I WANT THIS DEALT WITH ASAP!
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   Kathleen R. Kopacz 0 Votes
I got the same exact EMAIL will someone from paypal please call me. Thank you.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   Emily 0 Votes
I advise everyone NOT TO USE PayPal. They constantly send me e-mails of scam artists trying to tap into my former PayPal account and they DO NOT CARE. I have had nothing but nightmare experiences using PayPal and will NEVER buy anything onlline using them again. NEVER open an e-mail that says "PayPal". It is a scam operation and you will be in for a nightmare trying to retrieve your money.
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   Robert or Alice VanderTuin 0 Votes
Robert received a
email at his workplace. Whoever called said they were from the security department at Paypal and there was a problem with one of our credit cards. Please let us know if this was a real call or some
kind of scam or what.
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   Mallrat 0 Votes
Hey everyone! Stop freaking out... these emails are bogus fakes and should be ignored and deleted. If you think soemone really did take money from your paypal account - go to the website (dont use any link through any email) and log in and check your balance and previous transactions. If you do see that someone has made an unauthorised transaction - contact Paypal (I recommend by phone if possible). If you do not see any unusual activity in your account then you can be happy in the knowledge that this bullshit email has been sent to everyone - ignore and delete.
Peace
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   jessica 0 Votes
I get the same email suppodly something was purchased from john angels at 189.95...blah blah. All you can do is foward their emails over to spoof@paypal.com they are the real paypal team and its the department that deals with all the fake paypal team emails. I personaly hate that these guys are trying to scam you out of anything and trying to hurt an awesome company like paypal along the way. I have been using paypal to pay for online things and to be quite honest with you I do not trust any "blow joe" websites without. They have been able to offer me security in all my transactions and even a dispute against a seller...its okay to trust the real paypal company...just ignore the emails if you know you havent purchased the item(s)...exit out and go to the paypal website to sign and check the accuracy of the email...
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Martha 0 Votes
To whom it may concern:

I in no way have ordered Pay Pall to collect any funds for an account with them as i do not have an account with them!! The amount is very high - $ 189.00 - and i have not given them or any other Company my Credit Card numbers to do any Research. I also have notified my Bank that they are not to pay any fees of any kind as i did not purchase any contracts with PayPal.

I am personally ashamed of PayPal to do this kind of action against so many people.

Martha
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   Mike Rocca 0 Votes
I just received notice about a Nancy L Cornell charging 219.95 from my checking account. I thought PayPal was a secured site, guess PayPal does not care. mmike5133@hotmail.com
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   Judy Seely 0 Votes
I also keep receiving paypal e-mails regarding a purchase from Nancy L Cornell
You better not charge my account either. You had better correct this problem.
If anything gets charged on my account I will contact a lawyer.
 9th of Nov, 2008 by   Natalie 0 Votes
This is the email I got. It wasn't notifying me of a purchase but saying that they had restricted access to my account because they had reason to believe that it had been accessed by a third party. I forwarded it to the spoof@paypal.com & then blocked the sender. I'd highly recommend that you all do the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear PayPal account holder,

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We have recently determined that different computers have tried logging into your PayPal account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons.

Until we can collect secure information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason:

November 9, 2008: We have reasons to believe that your account has been accessed by a third party. Therefore, we have limited access to sensitive account features until identity confirmation. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-654-62497-033.)

How can I restore my account access?

Please visit the Resolution Center and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations." To visit the Resolution Center, please follow the link below:
Resolution Center
If you cannot access the Resolution Center, please use our secure server by following the link below:

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr=cmd=p/account.htm

NOTE: If you received this message in your SPAM / BULK
folder, that is because of the restrictions implemented by
your ISP or mail provider.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   john jacques 0 Votes
been receiving e-mail for tranactions on a pay-pal account .you may have wrong user i have no accounts setup please correct this and direct to right person.
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Jamie Marsaw 0 Votes
I keep getting this pay pal e-mail in my box that i have no clue what this is i have never herd of paypal nore did i open a account with them nore did my husband, would you please stop sending this e-mail to me and my husband, thank you very much, Mrs Marsaw.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   Brian Muso 0 Votes
**********READ THIS*********

If the e-mail you recieved does not have you're first name and last name on it then its a FAKE e-mail. They want you to click the link in the e-mail so they can steal you're passwords and install malware on you're PC.

Everyone gets so emotional and so upset when there is no need. If you remain calm and remember that pay pal protects all it's accounts 100% and so does our banks and Credit Cards. It's a hassle and head ache that we don't need but all is well.

ITS A FAKE e-mail do not click the link in the e-mail and look at the websited it says support@paypal.inc.com

Paypals website is paypal.com