logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Regency Beauty Institute
This is an exception to the term
2. (18 mins ago)
Netcare
Unitas should be ahamed of themselves
3. (23 mins ago)
Clayton Nelson
Clayton Nelson CON ARTIST
4. (25 mins ago)
Timbercreek richmond hill
mold,sbs,ants,flies,wet foundation, ect
5. (34 mins ago)
Loancare Servicing Center Inc.
Awful Company!!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Supplementwarehouse.com, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Misuse of credit card

Supplementwarehouse.com Contacts & Informations

7110 W. Greenfield Rd.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Phone: 800-545-8012
supplementwarehouse.com
I recently purchased an order online with Supplement Warehouse. They have what they call a secure online merchant and also a security policy stating that they do not sell customer information to third parties. I thought I could safely purchase online without compromising my personal information or credit card.

When making the purchase I used an email address that I only use on the rare occasion that I purchase something online. I do this so that if that purchase leads to any spam, it can be contained and managed separate from my active personal email address.

I noticed a number of charges to my personal credit card and began inquiring with each merchant. I learned that the purchases were all done online. The strange thing is that this email address of mine and address was also used. Therefore, no one was using my credit card or identity to ship items to themselves. Who does benefit from such a thing are the online retailers themselves, charging customers for items not genuinely ordered. Maybe they figure most people aren't paying close enough attention or are too lazy to go through the trouble of resolving the matter. Regardless of motivations, I am now having to cancel my credit card and deal with a number of online retailers. Very soon I will also have to headache with sending the shipments back.

In reviewing my email account I noticed that immediately after placing my order online with supplementwarehouse.com I began receiving a bulk of spam and offers about credit cards and memberships etc. Prior to the purchase, I was not receiving this spam...therefore I can only reasonably link the two.

I have tried calling Supplement Warehouse's customer service line and corporate office but have not been successful in speaking to a live person yet.

People should be warned about this company. If the company truly is trying to conduct an honest business, then they have a serious security problem on their hands that should be dealt with immediately. I have found several identical complaints online from others who made online purchases with this company.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Mar, 2010 by   SEsparza 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me and one of my friends.. i have no idea how something like this can happened.. there should be something we can do.. at first i wasnt sure how it happened but two weeks later my friend tells me there was an unauthorized charged in his account.. so i put two and two together and realize we both order from supplement warehouse it had to have them.. wat are the odds.. and now im reading things about other people that this has happened too.. something should be done..
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   GnomeEric 0 Votes
The exact same problem just happened to my wife. $800 of fraudulent charges on her card within days of ordering from supplement warehouse. How is this place still in business? Either they're thieves or incredibly negligent.
 14th of Mar, 2010 by   AweShucks 0 Votes
Same scenario here. $200+ plus in fraudulent charges. Filed a police report on the matter. More people need to start reporting this to law enforcement this company needs to be looked at! I advise not to purchase from period
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   JMLPN 0 Votes
Same thing with me and several others in my small town who have made purchases from Supplementwarehouse.com in the past 2-3 months. My Discover card numbers were stolen after a purchase made in January, and just a few days ago I was notified by Discover about questionable charges to my card. There were only two, thank goodness, and the card was cancelled immediately. I am the SEVENTH person in my small town area (population about 7, 000) to have this happen after ordering online from Supplementwarehouse.com, and a local police officer is investigating this site and the occurrences diligently.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   JMLPN 0 Votes
Adding to say, that the local police that are investigating this site said that the owner of the site claims that the billing of the orders is sent out to another company to be done, so would that not be sharing of information to a third party? Also, the officer said that this site had this happen alot in 2008, and that the owner of the site/company said that he's only had 30 instances of stolen credit card numbers occur at his site. That would be ridiculous given the number in my small town alone and the number of complaints here.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   TheFreshmaker 0 Votes
Yep, I had some fraudulent charges attempted on my credit card too. Luckily they were declined and marked a fraud. And I am 100% certain that the fraud on my card was associated with this company, and this company ONLY, as I had created a unique Visa "ShopSafe" credit card number used ONLY to place this order, and the fraudulent charges were attempted using this unique credit card number ONLY associated with SupplementWarehouse. The reason the fraudulent charges were denied was because they exceeded the maximum allowed charge amount I had set for this ShopSafe number. Nice try, crooks!
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   drcalendine1 0 Votes
For the third time over the past year I have had fraudulent charges posted to my credit card within 1 week of ordering from Supplementwarehouse.com. We have replaced (3) separate cards and I carefully reviewed all purchases prior to the fraudulent charges. The first (2) instances of fraudulent charges were Skype internet charges. The last time there were several internet based charges including a charge for an acai protein drink. DO NO ORDER FROM SUPPLEMENT WAREHOUSE, unless you want to have to go through the hassle of replacing your credit card. DO NOT ORDER FROM SUPPLEMENT WAREHOUSE. As a nonprofit health care group, we send out a consumer health newsletter to more than 50, 000 patients and have previously recommended their site to customers. Our next newsletter will include a warning to all consumers to avoid ordering online from supplement warehouse. We have contacted the company and offered to publish their response along with the warning. If there's any info I can provide to others that may help, please twitter us a "ProStrengthgym"
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   Wally23 +1 Votes
Same thing here. Two weeks after my online purchase at Supplementwarehouse, three different charges at B&H Photo and Best Buy, all for around $800. I reported Supplementwarehouse to Visa but it seems nothing is done about these guys.
 20th of Mar, 2010 by   IT4life -1 Votes
These guys are not responsible for the stolen credit cards any more than Google was responsible for their recent security issues. Credit card fraud is a multi billion dollar industry. Online banks and online stores get hacked every day. I live in Milwaukee and i have seen this place. This isn't some mom and pop, dumpster dive, back alley operation like half the web store out there. I have met the owner and most of his employees as a customer of his store for almost 12 years. If you own a credit card, you will likely be a victim of fraud at least once in your life. Welcome the real world folks. Does anyone remember when Walmart made the friggin news when they had an issue? Nobody has ever heard of Paypal ever having a problem... ever...??? So who is blame here kids? The people stealing the credit cards or the merchants that spend thousands to do the best they can to protect your information? This particular site does thousands of orders. They have the best security certificate in the business, the Comodo EVS Green bar. I challenge you to find a better one out there. It is also the most expensive. I have been doing IT for years, trust me I know. It's not some cheapo $35 Godaddy SSL. If someone breaks into your car at Walmart, don't blame Walmart.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   mcintosh151 0 Votes
I firmly believe that someone from SupplementWarehouse.com has has stolen my debit card info TWICE to make fraudulent purchases online. I made my first order with them in February, 2010 and had 3 fraudulent charges show up within a matter of days. After cancelling my card and receiving a new one in the mail, I made my second purchase from SupplementWarehouse.com, only to have a fraudulent charge of $200 from American Eagle show up the following week. SupplementWarehouse.com was the ONLY retailer to have access to my second card.

If you think you are a victim of Identity Theft from someone at SupplementWarehouse.com, please click the link below to join my Facebook Group. Strength comes in numbers, so let's take a stand against SupplementWarehouse.com so they don't victimize hard-working Americans anymore!

22nd of Mar, 2010 by   Dolphin17 0 Votes
If you thought they screwed you over once, then why in heck would you go thru the trouble of getting a NEW debit card and then GO BACK to the site and order something else??!?! to me thats just asking for it, but what do I know.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   abolishing2 -1 Votes
Same thing just happened to me, luckily the bastard that stole my info only racked up $95 in charges before my bank caught it and disabled my card...he charged (or tried) $95 for online gaming over 8 different charges, wow, what an f'ing moron...now when he logs in, his gaming account that is tied to my info, will be reported back to my bank's fraud dept. b/c they have already contacted the company that operates the server of the game he plays online and boom, just like that, he's caught. I can only wish he will go to jail and be violently raped repeatedly (as all thieves who steal credit info should), but I doubt this punk's punishment will be that severe

:( This was also caught just before some ridiculous charge was about to go through at the apple store online...they actually did a $1.00 charge to verify whatever big ticket item this retard was about to charge actually had the funds to back up the purchase. This many people can’t be wrong. Maybe you have seen the place in person and met the owner(to IT4life), but they clearly shouldn’t be doing business online if this many people are complaining about the SAME problem. In fact, why don’t you tell your buddy, the owner that this fraudulent activity is happening online since he's oblivious to it and you are so pro supplementwarehouse. If he runs a stand up company this will be handled and problem solved. I will spread the word as well that if you order from this site online, you will be dealing with the same BS. I will be pursuing this to the fullest extent...in case anyone was wondering (since I haven’t seen it addressed in the above complaints) No, I did not receive the product that I ordered from supplementwarehouse.com ... boy, I’m sure glad I ordered a fat case of credit card fraud, instead of the case of the supplement I wanted.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   AweShucks 0 Votes
The transaction to gaming companies are a black market business. The actual user of the game account is not the person that stole our info. The serial codes for the games are bought and resold via unauthorized vendors.
What is really interesting about these charges is that the IP address of the computer used to make the purchases on my card is only 20 miles from the supplement warehouse location. Considering the broad scale if the internet and the close geographic proximity of the two locations, securities measures up[ the wazoo will not stop information from walking out the door. Which in my case it appears is what happened?
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   ctgirl 0 Votes
same thing JUST happened to me! Random charges from some software/game website on the west coast, as well as an apple store $1.00 auth pending on my debit account. I did some research on supplementwarehouse.com and found all these similar complaints... so I know Im correct in thinking they used my card for whatever they thought they'd get. Now my bank has it in their fraud dept. I hope someone puts a stop to these guys sooo unfair they do this to unsuspecting customers- esp in a rough economy, you think they would just be happy for the business!
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   Havix_end 0 Votes
Well this is wonderful. I just found my card was misused as well. Mainly at walmart.com. I haven't used supplementwarehouse in about 3 weeks, but I have two buddies who purchased there within the last 2 months and both were victimized. One buddy was taken for over $2000.00 and the other for $400.00. Me I've been taken for almost $400.00 including overdraft charges. I used this site before in 2009 with no incidences. Maybe they have someone within the business stealing information. I will talk to my bank tomorrow and will definitely print this page out along with the complaints of my buddies and their accounts. I will also be sure to call supplementwarehouse Monday morning. And to think I really liked this site. Home of the %5 percent price cut and Land of the Stolen Accounts.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   firefighter971 0 Votes
This is amazing, i have had the same problem at first I didnt even think about supp warehouse as the reason but i made a purchase and about 3 to 4 days later got a call from my credit card company to verify almost a thousand dollars worth of charges for random internet items ranging from skype, to legal buddy, to a sports clothing store. I reported the fraudulent charges, got a new card and was freeked out about identity theft so kept monitoring my other cards to make sure nothing else was comprimised. A few weeks later i make another purchase online at supplement warehouse and again 3 to 4 days later(today) i log into my debit account and notice that there $300 of pending charges from yesterday, i didnt buy anything yesterday at all so call the bank and sure enough same crap... random charges, start the same process but a lil more concerned cuz this is my bank account. Put the only two things in common about the situations and decide to google this subject, and bam... sure enough its not isolated to just me. So im kinda relieved to know the source but still extremely upset that this has happened to so many of us and nothing has been done. Please let me know if there is any legal action we can take against this company because this is an example of some pretty gross neglegence... a company of this size should have its stuff together and due to the number of complaints its not just one or two and obviously doesnt, if the owner doesnt have the courtesy to show concern for a matter like this, than an example has to be made.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   Havix_end 0 Votes
Ok, I spoke with my bank and made a police report with my local PD. The officer stated that he would make contact with supplementwarehouse in the next couple days to see what they know about the thefts. I have also sent an email to supplementwarehouse regarding this board and my personal experience, and have yet to receive a reply. I will keep it posted on here.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Havix_end 0 Votes
Thank you for your recent inquiry.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

The security of our web site is very important to us, we have invested a lot of time and money into the protection of our site and continue to take a progressive approach against credit card fraud.

We appreciate your feedback. We always encourage our customers to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are also forwarding your comments to the appropriate parties so that this issue can be thoroughly investigated.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you have any additional questions or concerns, we are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm Central Standard Time.

Thank you for choosing SupplementWarehouse.com!

[Rep: Jamie]
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   cotton 0 Votes
It happened to me twice. here is the CEO's direct Line-414 455-2787, his name is bob
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   tkdsnoopy 0 Votes
Buyers beware. I ordered from SupplementWarehouse because they offered very competitive prices. However, four days after my order was placed I got over $200 in fraudulent charges on my account, requiring me to cancelled the credit card. This was a brand new card and this leads me to believe that SupplementWarehouse needs to take action and do something about their security because someone is stealing or selling credit card numbers from them. (It is definitely not a secure purchase site) I already tried to speak with their customer service representatives but they don't want to do anything about it. Now, my $142.00 dollars purchased ended up being a $342.00. Please, be careful don't order from them... I'm going to do my best to post this everywhere I can...

How To Avoid Foreclosure Rescue Scams