logo

SuperJeweler

Posted:    KenG62

Horrible service

SuperJeweler
Maybe its just me, but after reading their shipping and FAQ pages I thought I might get my purchase in time for a wedding proposal, but that has to be moved to next year now because they apparently assume everyone who orders in december only needs their items by dec. 24 no matter how much you pay for shipping their processing seems to take a work week. The need to not mislead prospective customers with this notion that you can get items in listed sizes without a substantial delay, I should have just gone to Zales or Kay and I will from now on!
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2009 by   scarecrow 0 Votes
I don't know, guy. My experience was totally different. They were very nice and accommodating for me. Anytime time you buy online, you are going to have to wait at least a certain amount of time for shipping. If you had this proposal sort of pop up on short notice, it seems, then maybe you should have just gone to a "real" store and could have just taken it home with you. Seems like that would be easier than going online and complaining about it.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   T.LL. 0 Votes
I had GREAT service from Superjeweler - and my item arrived in 2 days. Ordering was easy and my pendant is beautiful - even nicer than the photo and a lovely size. I would recommend this company to anyone.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   ohman 0 Votes
dont buy anything from this company! havent goten my item yet and when i call they hang up on me and after all that when i call back i have to block my number in order for them to answer!! so quick to take your money... lol its been 10 days now since i ordered... nothing yet not even a tracking number and the custumer service sucks...i ordered another ring 2 days after my purchase and i already have it today... funy they are in the same state... excuse was blizzard wich is understandable but why could the other company have shiped before them when was purchased 2 after superjewler... i just hope this company isnt a scam!
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   Scambuster 0 Votes
Their service is terrible... I will not buy from them again and I will not recommend them and warn all my friends and family members to to stay away. This is not even to begin with their deceptive adds and descriptions. Buyer Beware. Scam!
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   belljohn91 0 Votes
SuperJeweler is horrible. I have had a length time dealing with him. I bought a promise ring for my girlfriend for our 1 year anniversary. When I received it, it was the WRONG SIZE. I had to send the ring back which was very embarrassing since it did not come back on time. Months later the ring broke. Then I had to send the ring back, and they sent the same ring in the WRONG SIZE again. In addition, they sent someone else's earrings to my house in which I had to call them SuperJeweler and mail it back to them. I had to send the ring back and get it again. It broke AGAIN! So I just said I'm just going to exchange it. I wrote in a note the item I wanted to exchange it for and they screwed that up again. They sent the same ring again and even acknowledge on the receipt that it wasn't the ring I was suppose to receive.
 26th of Nov, 2013 by   foxdiachik 0 Votes
I have been a fan of superjeweler.com since it was first launched. Mall stores and big boxes just can't meet Superjewelers prices and quality. Price is a big factor for me.I would rather deal with a company like this who always stands behind their products than argue with a mall person who really does not know what is going on, often. Also, When I order from Superjeweler, the package comes before I even expect it. As for the comments I see above, well it stands to reason that once in a blue moon a real person will make a small error, but I have never had this happen to me personally. If a piece of jewelry breaks after some one wears it for months as the comment above, well who knows how the wearer has treated it? The thing I love about jewelry is that it is so feminine and precious that I always take extra good care of it.
 3rd of Jan, 2014 by   booer 0 Votes
An attractive pricing sale from one of the biggest sellers on Ebay -SuperJeweler.com drew my attention.14k white gold necklace with 1/4crt round cutting diamond, for only $99.99.Perfect for my NewYear gift to surprise her.============Ordered it with excitements, anticipation,  took more than 3 days to finally confirm shipping.Tracked the parcel and it was delivered so far so good.============Until one morning, I received a phonecall from Fedex Import Team, asking me to provide Commercial Invoice of this item.According to my trading experiences, this is the type of invoice that only seller could provide, and I have no copies of it.So I answered "No, I don't have the invoice with me.""Ok, we will get in touch with your sender instead, "that's all I heard from the call.============As for my knowing, this package would never pass customs without that invoice.Instantly I emailed Superjeweler.com through Ebay about this issue.=============Another day passed, I tracked this parcel again to only realize it still stuck in customs.I had to know what happened, since I got no replies from both Fedex and Superjeweler.com.Full of anxiety, I called Fedex.According to them, this parcel still could not be released by customs because they haven't got any replies from my sender, which was Superjeweler.com.I double-checked Superjeweler's email with Fedex, and added other possible contact information of this seller to their knowing.(You could easily find a seller's contact information through the email of Paypal receipt on that transaction)"Ok I have updated your case and emailed this seller for Comercial Invoice". Fedex answered.=============I was surprised to realise the fact that SuperJeweler was probably unreachable,  since this was my first deal from them(with fingers crossed, hoping this was not a scam), and this was meant for a NewYear gift(though I knew it meant no more due to the delay of package, but I'd still give it a try).=============I waited until it was their business opening time and used the Live Contact of their website -SuperJeweler.comhoping to at least reach someone from their office.Good thing after I sent the message about this issue, a representative named Elizabeth signed into this chatroom and replied me with extremely short answer,  "K we'll reply to that Fedex email".=============Another day passed, I received a phonecall from Fedex that told me they have received the Commercial Invoice, but still needed to enquire me some questions because that invoice was not filled completely.I cooperated and answered them everything I knew about this sale and this necklace, it was almost like an interrogation.After I hung the call, I had mixed feelings.Good thing the wait was worthwhile,  seemed like Elizabeth did look into my case.Even though the invoice shouldn't be left out in the first place, and the resubmitted one was not filled completely, well, at least the needed invoice was finally provided.==================What would happen if I did not use that Live Chat, then this seller would still be unreachable and my parcel was left there to rot?I sent message to SuperJeweler.com again through Ebay to update them about this case and to thank Elizabeth.I also expressed in that message telling them I didn't feel good about how they were being unreachable.===============Another day passed, I tracked this parcel again and found that it had finally been released by customsbut had a indefinite delivery period with Shipment Exceptions status.Again getting no replies from Fedex and Superjeweler, I chose to call Fedex again to look into this case.They said because of the delays on custom paperwork, now this parcel had to wait for days or weeks to get back on track again.Now it's confirmed that my NewYear gift plan was ruined.=============I sent message to Superjeweler again to update this case and told them because of insufficient document provided, my parcel went into a indefinite delays.============So more days passed, it was still the same status whenever I tracked this parcel.Still getting no replies from both Fedex and SuperJeweler, I knew I could only wait.This was a frustrating stage, not sure when this wait would be over.============Another day passed, I finally received the shortest reply from SuperJeweler, "We'll in touch with them, "and that was a reply to my very first message to them about this case.Wow, if I had to wait until this very moment only for you to respond, and did not use that Live Chat function to get this problem solved, my parcel would really go rotten.I replied to that message instantly telling them about how I felt and how disappoined I was, especially since they were such big and power seller on Ebay, I expected more and better from them.==============By the end of that day, I checked my parcel and the status finally changed to Released by Customs, In Transit.Good thing I made moves first before SuperJeweler was able to assist me with anything(In fact,  nothing besides Elizabeth's part)===============Finally the wait was over,  doorbell rung, and this dying parcel finally arrived.I couldn't express how excited I was, I thought I was about to jump-hug that delivery man.It was no longer NewYear when the parcel was here.But at least this parcel was no longer suffering in the customs.================I opened it with anticipation, yet it was dissatisfying.Packaged badly, a zip-locked bag with everything stuffed inside.Sloppy giftbag with a cheap pearl chain inside of it.The certificate card of the diamond looked fabricated.The blue cardboard box was no-way described as elegant.=================Opened it,  listless necklace lying inside.Sponge was trimmed uneven.The chain was too fine, almost breakable.(I strongly suggest not to wear that fine chain to avoid breakage)Diamond looked okay but the clarity was definitely not there.I wondered if it would worth the price that certificate stated.==================I sent another message to SuperJeweler to inform them about the package arrivaland told them the quality of the whole package could be improved.With disappointment, I went to bed.==================Another day passed and I received the following response from SuperJeweler: "The package arrived in 1 week from the U.S, before New Years.This has been by far the worst buyer experience we have ever encountered.Very unfair."What a big accuse!It did arrive after NewYear.They were the unfair one to accuse me as the worst buyer.===================I obliged as a buyer, paid instantly, contacted them instantly when the parcel was stuck in customs, which obviously was not my fault for leaving out Commercial Invoice for paperworks.=================After all those messages I sent, they only responded by now!================1. Missed out commercial invoice which caused this parcel hadindefinite delays.2. Unreachable and never reply to my emails.3. Did not keep me updated in time about this case.4. Did not provide me any assistance or professional advices on this issue.5. Serve me badly by replying extremely short response.6.Accusing me as their worst customer.7. It's clearly their mistake in the first place by leaving out the invoice, yet they don't think they owe me any apologies.8. Made my NewYear gift pointless now.=================All those points just officially made SuperJeweler the most disappointing seller I have encountered.===================Buyers are not here just for shopping leisure, but for a great customerservice as well.I have had pleasant shopping experiences from those little sellers origin from Chinaland, who speak imperfect English yet serve customers so well.They respond fast, even with broken grammar, still good communications.==================SuperJeweler is one of the most power-sellers on Ebay, I trusted them but the fact spoke differently.They really should put themselves into buyers' shoes, and to be moreconsiderate.===================Just look at how many negative feedbacks they received only a few days since January 2014, these comments speak louder.====================If you were a buyer reading this post, be very cautious when trading online and internationally.Power-sellers don't always mean they are good at serving, communications, and providing good quality of packaging and products.=======================If you were a seller, keep in mind that good communications and after-sale service, honesty, sincerity, would help cover up all the other flaws in your business.Once good impressions are left and customers are pleased, they will patronize your store more often, a win-win situation!=======================Thanks for reading my long post, if you have any good/bad shopping experiences to share, or any comments about this post, feel free to respond.======================
 4th of Jan, 2014 by   UK.SuperJeweler +1 Votes
Very dodgy company, have a site uk.super.jeweler.com with GB flag everywhere then dispatch from us and when HM customs contact you to pay the import duties the company stops answering emails and you are left without the goods as customs impounds them.
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   Nel C +1 Votes
This is my recent experience with Super Jeweler. I have to put this in writing because if you are an international customer, I want to think carefully to make your order from this place. Their customer service staff, just to name a few, Elizabeth, Jason, Don and James, they are totally not helpful at all. I have made an order on 16th Nov over US$99 to deliver to Hong Kong, and they informed me the package was despatched by DHL on 22nd Nov 2013 and provided me with a tracking number. The Super Jeweler website clearly stated that the delivery is within 3-8 days. Unfortunately below is the real situation. Of course the package is still not arrived until now (8th January 2014) I have checked the DHL website the last update is at Frankfurt terminal and no update on this status since 30th Nov 2013. I keep contacting Super Jeweler since 30th Nov that why the package has gone to Frankfurt? Could they contact DHL to locate exactly where the package is about?
Those customer support people did not help at all. They just simply say, "it usually takes 14 days for the package to arrive based on my experience", "okay, but it is 14 days now", "oh... if you still cannot receive this by 30 days, please contact us again." I just want to write it here to ensure Super Jeweler really taking care of the request seriously, and to the international customer, their promise about 3-8 days is no point. I don't want you to be disappointed just as I am. It looks like after you pay and they don't care about the delivery. They just count the cash and it becomes not their fault at all. I keep contacting them for the week of 9th Dec 2013, 16th December and they said you just have to wait for few more days, once 30 days period is reached, we will reship the order to you. I eventually wait until 30 days and ask them to reship the order to me. Eventually I have contacted them on 20th Dec and they said they would arrange to reship. I asked them again on the 23rd Dec when they will actually reship. They replied that they will reship by (23rd December 2013) with a tracking number. I looked at my email box first thing on 24th Dec today and asked them the status. They replied that they made a mistake. They cannot ship until 8th or 9th Jan 2014 because the item is not available. What on earth are they talking about? I simply don’t understand. From 16th Nov 2013 (the date I made the order) to 9th Jan 2014 is such a long long time.
Anyway, I just contacted them again and you know what? The customer service James promised to reship the product on 8th Jan 2014 and now they come back again saying that they will try their best to deliver as soon as they can. They always make excuse for themselves, I don't know why they do not feel ashame of anything about this. They still cannot give me an exact date when it could be delivered. I just don't know what I can do about it.

Help for Start-Ups