logo

Big Cat Rescue
Fraud and Lies
4. (44 mins ago)
Lincare
Incompetent, profit before safety culture
5. (59 mins ago)
Bharti Airtel Limited
balance tower site rent

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sunwing, Vancouver, British Columbia Complaints & Reviews - Flight Delay/No Communication

Sunwing Contacts & Informations

Sunwing

Posted:    Unhappy-two

Flight Delay/No Communication

Sunwing
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada
We were to depart Vancouver at 1:55p.m. on a flight to Cuba and were told to arrive 3 hours before the flight. We arrived 5 hours before the flight and the departure time said it was on time. Just about 10 minutes later, the board said it was delayed to 3p.m. There were no Sunwing employees or a Sunwing desk in Vancouver! And there was only an answering machine when we called the Sunwing phone number. By the time we finally saw them starting to check people in, the flight was then delayed to 6p.m. By the time we left Vancouver, it was almost 8p.m. We were in the Vancouver airport for 11 hours. The airlines employees told us that it was due to weather that it was so delayed. But when we finally took off, the captain told us a crew member was sick in Cuba and they couldn't take off until another crew member was flown back to Cuba! Later during our stay in Cuba, we were told that the crew member was in jail!! Not sick!! We lost basically a day's stay at our resort and now have to fight with tripcentral.ca to get a refund on a missed day at the resort which adds up to $320! They are giving us the run around and telling us that it's Sunwings problem. Now were are dealing with our credit card company and withholding payment until we are compensated!! Wish us luck!!
The bottom line...Don't fly Sunwing...Don't book with Tripcentral.ca Do your homework and read all there is to read about your airlines/travel agent BEFORE you book!
Comments Canada Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2010 by   Susan955932 0 Votes
sunwing is responsible
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   CARRIE JEPSEN 0 Votes
we just arrived home to edmonton from puerto vallarta on feb 25, it was a direct flight ftom edmonton, and through calgary to edmonton on the way back, my complaint is that in calgary there was a crew change, and the initial crew deadheaded with us to edmonton with the rest of us. I was alot put out by the disconcern of the original crew upon leaving calgary, as they along with the fresh crew did nothing but talk and laugh about there personal issues amongst each other, we as paying customers were already tired and ready to get going and could not sleep as the crew acted like they were on vacation. I feel that the rest of the people on the flight were totally disrespected. I pressed the light for assistance, and has to press it three times to get sommeones attention, then when an attendant came to ask what I wanted it was like I was putting her out. Its her job to tend to a paying customer, even if it was only 35 minutes to edmonton. I asked foe a wet wipe for my hands, and when I got it, it was bone dry, and I had to dip it in my water glass to get it wet. I just wanted to let someone, anyone know that the sunwing employees where not respectful of the people who basically pay there wages. I would also like to say that your food is not fit for consumption. I would settle on a cold sub sandwich., at the least.. maybe you should think about quality...???? I hope someone will address this issue as I am a paying customer, and the planeride really put a damper on my vacation, I should'nt have to return home pissed off.. Time to find a new airline STAT!!!

Best Credit Cards for Big Debt