logo

MyGiftCardSite
UNABLE TO USE!!
2. (11 mins ago)
newessays.co.uk
Company rips customers off and provides nothing
3. (27 mins ago)
American Airlines
Unaccompanied Minor Policy/ Children left alone!
4. (31 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money
5. (32 mins ago)
NEESA LEISURE LTD, Gandhinagar
Non payment of fixed deposits payment by Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Sunny Morning Kennel

Posted:    teslas

Puppy mill

Illinois
If you ever bought a puppy from Sunny Morning Kennel in Illinois area and your dog died or had a lifelong history of health problems, please contact me.
Comments United States Dog Breeders
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Sunny Morning Kennel complaints
Sunny Morning Kennel - Communications

Comments

28th of Mar, 2010 by   slander finder -2 Votes
calling someone a puppy mill is slander...
I hope they sue you !!

If it was a puppy mill then why did you buy the puppy from there...oh you only thought it was a puppy mill afterwards ???
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   dawg lover 0 Votes
Calling a high volume breeder a puppy mill is not slander. It is the truth. I am from the area this puppy mill is in and know it to be a puppy mill.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Kramer1234 +1 Votes
I just started looking into this breeder and many red flags are coming up online. Has anyone bought a puppy from here and does anyone have an experience to share?
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   PapMom -1 Votes
I never visited the facility(it's actually in So. IL) but I did purchase a papillon puppy in 10/07. I saw him on-line and they brought him to a close vacinity. I had 48 hrs to get him checked out at my vet, which I did. Other than that puppy parisite, which is not uncommon according to my vet, he was very healthy. They called two days later to confirm the vet visit and that he was OK. They called again three weeks later to check and see if I was still happy with him. I thought that was nice and something that they didn't have to do. I did ask how big he would get and she said she couldn't promise anything but that his parents were both 7 lbs and she emailed pics of them to me as well. Paps should go 6 - 10lbs. My big guy is 12 lbs and 12 in. That would be my only issue but she was honest and said she could make any promises. He will be 3 in Aug 2010. He is very healthy, active, extremely smart, majorly adorable and the "love of my life :)"
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   AJMJD 0 Votes
I dont agree with the people who claimed that Sunny Morning Kennel is a puppy mill. I got my Corgi puppy from there. I got her checked out by my vet a few days later. She was so healthy. She will be 3 this July. She is very active and healthy.
 12th of May, 2010 by   teslas 0 Votes
We didn't know it was a puppy mill when we bought our dog. There were many red flags but we fell in love with our puppy. However, she had problems from the beginning and after years of treatment and thousands of dollars in vet bills she passed away just shy of her 6th birthday. We are devistated and want to make other people aware and end the suffering of other dogs. Let just say that a professional breeder will let you see the facility and won't sell you a puppy in a parking lot. This women only cares about making money and doesn't care what happens to the puppies or who she sells to.
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   ILpetlover 0 Votes
We purchased a corgi puppy from Sunny Morning Kennel back in June of 2007. After dealing with severe aggression and behavioral issues for 3 months we had no choice but to give him up to the local corgi rescue. Lost the money we paid to the kennel and several hundred dollars for in home training to try to resolve the issues. In-breeding?
 25th of Oct, 2010 by   LadieDi714 0 Votes
I purchased a female yorkie from Sunny Morning Kennel in Dec. 2008. When I took her to my vet for her required check-up, she was found to have ear mites in both ears, a herniated umbillical cord and she could not have been bathed in months. Her odor was atrocious and all of her hair was matted together. Now, here I am and my precious baby is dying in a nearby hospital from a genetic disease. In--breeding??? I am broken hearted!
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   BulldogMomma7 -1 Votes
I'm as suspicious as the next person when it comes to animal breeders, but what I *CAN* say about Lynn Mourning and Sunny Morning Kennels in Illinois is that I have a 1 1/2 year old English Bulldog that of the 3 Bulldogs I've had in the past 20 years, is the healthiest I've ever seen. I received my baby girl from them when she was 10 weeks old, and aside from Giardia (which both Humans and Animals can get and transmit), this is the ONLY problem I have had.

My previous Bulldog was actually transported from my Uncle (who is a professional handler) at a show in Minnesota to Illinois for me by Lynn Mourning 10 years ago. I have been to her home, and seen some of the kennels. Now, I haven't been to the farm in Southern Illinois, but I know for a fact that they are dog lovers, and not a mass-producing money-hungry mill. Yes, they are in the BUSINESS of breeding, but they are responsible humans.

Be careful when you label people 'mills'.

Also, in regards to the 6 year old dog, if it's a corgi, you are talking a dog that has an *average* of 14 year lifespan, with a general lifespan of 10 years. It's an animal, not a small appliance, there are variables.
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   KareBear1 -1 Votes
I bought 2 mini dachshunds from Lynn at Sunny Morning Kennels and they are wonderful and very healthy. They are 5 years and 5 1/2 years old and had them since 8 wks and 12 wks. They are half sisters. I was skeptical at first not being able to see operation but I agree with BulldogMomma7 and they are in the business of breeding but responsible. I called Lynn for a second pup and she had my Doxie's 1/2 sister available. She was a little older, 12 weeks instead of the typical 8 weeks, but that was because they were going to keep her to breed but I think they realized she was going to be towards the bigger side of a mini dachshund. When I went to pick her up, the driver handed her to me and told me how she likes to sleep across your neck. You can tell he was attached to her and she was loved. Sure enough that night, little Molly snuggled up, laying across my neck. They both came with all the paperwork and certificate of pedigree.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   dotty442 +1 Votes
To LadieDi714, Help me understand as to why you would have purchased a pup in this condition? If it looked as bad or smelled as bad as stated then why not refuse to take her?
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   ilovemybully -1 Votes
I just adopted a 2 1/2 year old english bulldog from Lynn at sunny Morning Kennels and can tell you they are really not in it for the money and are far from some of the monsters that have puppy mills. Gerdee (aka Diamond) is a bouncy loving bulldog. I have had rescue dogs from a puppy mill in my home before and know they typical way they act. Gerdee was very well taken care of. I had my vet check her out 48 hours after I picked her up and she is as healthy as can be. She came with all of her papers and was caughtup on all her shots when I got her from Lynn. I would def. recommend Lynn to family and friends.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   dachshund mom 0 Votes
I bought my mini Dachshund from Lynn Mourning 16 months ago, when she was 12 weeks old. This May, Ruby will be 2, and she is full of energy and is just the sweetest little wiener I could ask for. Ruby has no health problems and according to my vet, is perfect. Lynn was clearly stated she had a 48 hour policy to have a vet check out Ruby and could be returned for any health reasons. Her first check up, and she was clean and healthy! I'm not sure how some people who have bought dogs from Lynn have problems. Like others stated, all dogs are different. Like people, health issues may arise at any given moment.
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   puppyseeker 0 Votes
I am currently looking to purchase a yorkie. In the past I bought a puppy from a different breeder thinking she was a pure breed and found out she was not. So I started looking and researching as I am planning to purchase another puppy. I really liked Lynn. She was very informative and spent a lot of time answering my questions and being very helpful with my needs and concerns without rushing me off the phone. She clearly seems to know her stuff. She does not seem to be in it for the money because I told her what I was willing to spend and her rate was less than that. She could've had an asking price for what I was willing to pay but she did not and from what I've seen, the yorkie breed can be very expensive. I have not purchased my puppy yet, but I am pretty sure I will be going with her when I do. She just made a lot of sense with the conversation and seemed up front and honest.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   SHanhole 0 Votes
I have a corgi who is almost 4 yrs old who has severe aggression issues despite intense, in-home training. He bit me in the face, requiring stiches, and some minor bites that were still very deep. Last week he viciuosly attacked my hand while I was just patting his head; he locked on and shook. I had to see an orthopedic surgeon and luckily I will heal, but depending on what the homeowner's insurance says, I may have to put him to sleep. He is under quarantine now. I love my pup but I can't trust him around me, let alone children...
 16th of May, 2011 by   IIadoreyooh2604 0 Votes
I purchased my yorkie from lynn two years ago when I first got her she had girarda and coccidia parasites that the vet said was common for many puppies to get when they come from kennels and pet stores. She she just turned two this week and she has luxating patellas in both her knees which the vet said is from gentics now I have to dish out 1700 dollars for one knee and later on another 1700 for the other in the future. Lynn was very knowlegeable about breeding and the breed when I purchased her. I love my yorkie and I got all the paperwork wwith her along with meds for her sugars not to bottom out. When I brought it to her attention about the giarida she said she didn't kno how she could of got it because its from drinking dirty or standing water like a puddle. I wish she would of just been more accepting. Or help with treatment on her considing I was battling it for a good 6 to 7 months after I got her.
 22nd of May, 2011 by   Dog Diva +1 Votes
You've been HAD ----
NEVER buy from pet stores or over the Internet!!! These pups are almost always from puppy mills or unscrupulous breeders. The right places to get puppies are these: hobby breeders (get a breeder referral from the AKC or UKC only); shelters that have behavior/socialization programs in place; rescue groups that have behavior/socialization programs in place. If you are unsure if a breeder is OK, contact a positive trainer or behaviorist in your area and pay them to help you determine if the puppy you want comes from a situation that will insure it fits into your home, lifestyle and budget (sick and genetically compromised pups will cost you a LOT at the vet). Reputable breeders should be able to show you a five generation pedigree, and should show you the results of the parent dogs' genetic testing with organizations such as CERF or Optigen (eyes), OFA or PennHip (hips). The breeder should ask you as many questions as you ask them, and not just be interested in your visa card! A guarantee should be unconditional for the life of the dog - in other words, at any time should you be unable to care for the dog the breeder should take it back. That way, YOUR pup never ends up in a kill shelter! Rather, it would hopefully be re-homed by someone familiar with your dog's breed characteristics. Also, please, please, please if you buy a puppy, get it in to a positive training class BEFORE it is 12 weeks old! Read this: http://www.avsabonline.org/avsabonline/images/stories/Position_Statements/puppy%20socialization.pdf. You will help insure that your dog grows up to be normally socialized, and that is so important. More dogs die from behavior problems than from disease! You can find a good trainer at www.trulydogfriendly.com.
 24th of May, 2011 by   puppylover542 +1 Votes
If you purchased a sick puppy or want to report a puppy mill, you can share your story with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) puppy mills campaign online at http://www.humanesociety.org/forms/tell_us_your_puppy_mill_story.html.
 9th of Jul, 2011 by   Mommy Loves Cookies 0 Votes
I purchased a Boston Terrier who turned 7 in May and she is the best dog I have ever had. Not only that, she is extremely healthy and smart. Thanks Lynn for the best Boston in the world. I love Cookie and the vet says she so healthy. Puppy Mill-BS.

Sue
 7th of Aug, 2011 by   iluvbts 0 Votes
I purchased my first Boston Terrier from Sunny Morning Kennel in Oct. of 2004. He turns 7 tomorrow. He is my constant companion and an incredibly smart boy. He has a sister that we purchased elsewhere roughly 9 months later. Two very different experiences. When I picked up my male BT I was given directions and an address, but was told to keep an eye out for a Burger King because they run the dogs in the field behind their kennel adjacent to the BK parking lot. On this morning it was raining, and I pulled in to the lot facing the field. No puppies were out and when I called I was told that was because it was raining and they put the pups in crates in their van so that the new owners could view them and stay dry. I walked up to the van and almost started crying when they opened the back door and there were a good 6 crates that I could see stacked on top of one another. There were 2 male Bostons and I looked at both, my son fell in love with one little guy and that was the end of it. I wanted to take both of them. I wanted to cry. I've since been asked why I even went through with the purchase after realizing that these people were brokers for what was most likely a puppy mill. My answer has always been that I couldn't leave him behind knowing the conditiomns he would go back to. I do not regret my decision as I couldn't love him more. He is extremely healthy and has an awesome personality. But I knew enough from that experience to purchase our female BT from a hobby breeder that let us meet the parents & litter mates as well as see where they had been whelped and lived for the first 3 months of her life. I still wonder about Sunny Morning Kennels and that is what prompted my search today. I am ssad to think that they are still brokering for mills.

XDATING.COM ONLINE DATING REVEALED