logo

Mobile Draw True Move Company Thailand
on money award
3. (16 mins ago)
2-10 Home Warranty
Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment
4. (17 mins ago)
Dr. Ptak
fat grafting and fat transfer
5. (23 mins ago)
Ocwen
Lies

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

sunbeam heating blanket, Westerly, Rhode Island Complaints & Reviews - contro light blinks

sunbeam heating blanket Contacts & Informations

sunbeam heating blanket

Posted:    charles lombardo

contro light blinks

Westerly, Rhode Island
Phone: 401-596-5121
After using blanket for the night, light on control blinks. Unable to stop blinking. Stops blinking when unplugged. Reason for blinking. Many Thanks
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2009 by   MARSHA 0 Votes
MY BLANKET DOING SAME THING, (BLINKING & NOT HEATING)
 4th of Feb, 2009 by   Louis 0 Votes
2/4/2009, Yes, I have the same "Light Blinking" problem on my K/S dual control electric blanket. The "Fix" you gave did not resolve the problem. The K/S blanket was purchased 11/26/2006 - I previously sent this blanket in to your Waynesboro, Ms., plant July 23, 2008, for another non-heating problem. You put on new controls and returned it. Looks like I will have to pay postage once again and send it back to you! The 5 yr waranty is good but the postage and lack of Sunbeam use is very irritating and hard to forget for the future.
 8th of Feb, 2009 by   MARSHA 0 Votes
WHAT IS THE 'FIX' FOR THE 'BLINKING LIGHT'/NOT HEATING PROBLEM?
MARSHA :) :)
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   FTDWAR 0 Votes
My Sunbeam blanket is doing the same thing and now my daughter comes home from college this weekend and tells me her Sunbeam blanket did the same and quit heating. Both are not even two years old.
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   FTDWAR 0 Votes
My Sunbeam blanket started blinking today and then my daughter informed me that her Sunbeam started blinking last winter and wouldn't heat. Both were less than two years old and shipping is almost the cost of a new blaket.
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   margarita rosa 0 Votes
The day I bought my Sunbeam blanket it started blinking. In fact, it has never worked. It's first and only act was to blink. I have received instructions from Sunbeam on how to reset it, but that's not the problem! The problem is that it is OVERSENSITIVE to any movement. It works fine if you set it on a table and don't desturb it, but if you try to actually put it over you...it blinks and quits!
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   Anonymous1010 0 Votes
I have the same problem it won't stop blinking and it will not heat the blanket is only a year old. Extremely frustrated that I now I have to purchase a new one.
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   Scott23 0 Votes
Our blanket does the same thing. My wife is extremely frustrated with it! Less than a year old now and it is blinking every time you barely move it! Sunbeam needs to make a recall on this ! Is it a safety hazard also?> How would we know?
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   shajarian1 0 Votes
I have purchased 4 Sunbeam electric blankets in the past 2 years. Of those 4, two of them were dead on arrival, with a blinking light and no heat. I only needed two (one big one for our bed and one small one for the couch). I tried all the tips and tricks to make those two work and no luck. A 50% failure rate is definitely the worst product quality I have ever seen. I'm sure that is not representative, but I'm seeing a lot of unhappy customers like me right now leaving complaints. They should test their products before sending out. This is unacceptable!
 20th of Dec, 2009 by   RJohnston 0 Votes
I purchased my sunbeam electric blanket about about a month ago and I am having the same problem. I bought it at Walmart. I have unplugged it several times and this does not fix the problem and the blanket is not heating. I agree that sunbeam needs to do a recall on these blankets. I am very frustrated and not sure what to do. Sunbeam is a big company and should make it right for all of us. We bought their blanket in good faith they should send us all new blanket that work. I am so sorry I bought this blanket. Frustrated.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Kevin Jonath 0 Votes
We bought 2 throws and a blanket, all of which have drastically dropped off in temperature. I called Walmart and they won't take them back after 1 month. being the electronics technologist that I am, I cut open the blanket to see what could have failed. There is a temperature sensor in the blanket that sends the temperature back to the controller. I looked up the part # of the microchip and found it was a microcontroller that has some internal memory. I also measured the resistance of the heating wires and calculated how much heat I should be getting. The heating wires are fine. What is happening is the microcontroller is detecting a temperature that it thinks is to high and permanently programming itself to not let the temp get very warm. This is permanent and cannot be repaired. This thing is programmed to fail, which should be against the law. After this I don't trust Sunbeam at all and they will never see single penny from me again.
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   jenlow 0 Votes
It is known that Sunbeaam has 100% of the US market for electric blankets and throws as of 1999 or 2000. Its tough to find something else.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   Ari Murphy 0 Votes
I bought a sunbeam electric blanket last year and last night got the blinking FF error light. It will not heat up. From the looks of things this is a common complaint with Sunbeam prodcuts. I cannot find the paperwork for the warranty and it appears Sunbeam must know most people do not h0ld onto those. These blankets are a rip-off.
 5th of Oct, 2010 by   EllenFeldt 0 Votes
I bought my blanket less than a year ago. It worked before I packed it away for the summer, but now that it's getting colder again, I got it out and it won't heat and the light won't stop blinking. I'm super irritated that I find all sorts of complaints on the same issue, but nobody has an answer as to WHY? Or what to do to fix it!? We all should get our money back.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Betty Anderson 0 Votes
I received a Sunbean heating blanket for christmas last year. It was used for a few months/packed away for the summer and when I put it on the bed this fall it would not heat. I agree the company needs to return our money for this inferior product. I refuse to return this item since the cost is too much and the results of the return untrustworthy. Betty
 24th of Nov, 2010 by   royalflush 0 Votes
I believe I bought my sunbeam heating blanket two years ago. Last winter it started blinking and I forgot about it cause it was almost summer. Today I replugged it in and it's blinking again. I also have no idea where my warranty is for this darn blanket. I would send it back to the factory but it sounds like even when you do it isn't repaired and the blanket still doesn't heat. We want to buy American made products but when they fail like this it's terrible hard to be encouraged to do so.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   Nicole:) 0 Votes
Got mine at black Friday it's only been 1WEEK now my blanket is blinking and will not heat I am really mad. Someone said something about resting it how do you do that??
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   alpha5279 0 Votes
I have 2 blankets and the problem is in the control, one of them blinks no matter which blanket it is connected to.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   short52 0 Votes
i have 3 blankets with no controllers cause they all died, we need just the controlls for this blankets.
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Beau900Dowdy 0 Votes
Why is Sunbeam not recalling these blankets??? Ours is doing the same thing, I think Sunbeam either owes me a blanket or some money back@

Top Holiday Toy Safety Tips 2010