logo
search

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
partsonnet.com
Don’t order from these guys
2. (6 mins ago)
DOON TECHNOLOGIES, INC
IT Consulting Company
3. (12 mins ago)
Sears Kenmore Elite 3 Door Refrigerator
Light cover Melted due to light not shutting off!
4. (12 mins ago)
Lifetime Member

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

SUN LIFE INSURANCE, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - Not paying Life Insurance Claims

SUN LIFE INSURANCE Contacts & Informations

SUN LIFE INSURANCE

Posted: 2011-06-04 by    cat1711

Not paying Life Insurance Claims

Sun Life of Canda
Massachusetts
My husband passed away on April 1, and Sun Life denied his Life Insurance claim, stating that the conversion papers were not filled out properly from when he went on Disability from work, however they new he was on disability and not working because they were paying his disability payments, but when he died they refused the claim, even though they were taking our premiums every month. Never once told us that the forms were not filled out properly by his employer.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More SUN LIFE INSURANCE complaints
SUN LIFE INSURANCE - WILL NOT PAY OUT

Comments

26th of Feb, 2015 by   Anne 0 Votes
Sunlife has been a pain in the behind lately. I heard that they were doing everything they can to dissuade claims and I didn't buy that at first as I never had problems before. Well, I couldn't agree more recently. I filed for an accupuncture claim two months ago and still is battling with them. My claims, only for a merely $500! Don't entrust them with your life insurance policy. If they are not willing to pay out a legit $500 claim, I can't see them coughing up $100, 000 insurance claim. Do not put your love ones through the pain of having to deal with them. Anyone has problem with them, I recommend filing a formal complain then go to olhi.ca to get the assistance to deal with them.
In short, here is my story.
1. Filed claims online
2. Waited 2 weeks (even though they claimed to process claims within 5 business days) to get notification saying I need to send them receipts through mail.
3. Sent them receipts
4. Waited another 4 weeks
5. Got a notification saying I need to provide the length of treatment and time of treatment.
6. Complied with request, took a trip to the accup office and get the accupunturist to pen in those details on the receipt
7. Faxed (had to beg for a fax number so they can process it faster, they will not volunteer it) information over
8. Waited 1.5 weeks
9. Notification saying I need treatment notes for 12 months
10. Another trip to accup office to get copies of treatment notes
11. Faxed over with a frustrated note attached
12. Waited another 1.5 weeks
13. Today I got another notification, guess...yes you got it right, ANOTHER request
14. I need treatment notes for TWELVE months, the notes I sent them, apparently were not for 12 months.
So I had enough. Are the processors stupid? I faxed over notes for my treatment claims. If I had NOT been to accup for 12 months but only for the treatment periods, how in the world do I give them notes for 12 months, for the period in which I do not go for treatment? Where in the world should I get this information from? They are asking for the impossible.
I had enough. I am going to cancel after this claim no matter what. I have had better health insurance companies at my other work place and will go back there even though I have to pay more.

Health Care Reform: Is it Good or Bad?

Email: