Sunlife has been a pain in the behind lately. I heard that they were doing everything they can to dissuade claims and I didn't buy that at first as I never had problems before. Well, I couldn't agree more recently. I filed for an accupuncture claim two months ago and still is battling with them. My claims, only for a merely $500! Don't entrust them with your life insurance policy. If they are not willing to pay out a legit $500 claim, I can't see them coughing up $100, 000 insurance claim. Do not put your love ones through the pain of having to deal with them. Anyone has problem with them, I recommend filing a formal complain then go to olhi.ca to get the assistance to deal with them.
In short, here is my story.
1. Filed claims online
2. Waited 2 weeks (even though they claimed to process claims within 5 business days) to get notification saying I need to send them receipts through mail.
3. Sent them receipts
4. Waited another 4 weeks
5. Got a notification saying I need to provide the length of treatment and time of treatment.
6. Complied with request, took a trip to the accup office and get the accupunturist to pen in those details on the receipt
7. Faxed (had to beg for a fax number so they can process it faster, they will not volunteer it) information over
8. Waited 1.5 weeks
9. Notification saying I need treatment notes for 12 months
10. Another trip to accup office to get copies of treatment notes
11. Faxed over with a frustrated note attached
12. Waited another 1.5 weeks
13. Today I got another notification, guess...yes you got it right, ANOTHER request
14. I need treatment notes for TWELVE months, the notes I sent them, apparently were not for 12 months.
So I had enough. Are the processors stupid? I faxed over notes for my treatment claims. If I had NOT been to accup for 12 months but only for the treatment periods, how in the world do I give them notes for 12 months, for the period in which I do not go for treatment? Where in the world should I get this information from? They are asking for the impossible.
I had enough. I am going to cancel after this claim no matter what. I have had better health insurance companies at my other work place and will go back there even though I have to pay more.