logo

Kirkland Ground Saigon Cinnamon
Plastic Cover Under Cap falls Off
5. (1 hr 18 mins ago)
Safety Pro ( Fireproof it
Scam people with money making oppertunity

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sumitomo, Enid, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - Excessive wear on tires with less than 9,000 miles

Sumitomo Contacts & Informations

Sumitomo

Posted:    Steven Clover

Excessive wear on tires with less than 9,000 miles

Sears
Enid, Oklahoma
Phone: 580-594-2448
We bought a complete set of Sumitomo tires for our car on 02-09-08 through the Sears automotive dept. in Enid, Oklahoma. We had the tires mounted, balanced, & the car aligned on that day. We have driven less than 9, 000 miles since buying these new tires & the car has developed a shimmy. We returned the car to the automotive dept. last Saturday (06-07-08) & were told that one of the tires was completely bald & the other 3 barely had any tread left on them. The salesman has spent this week trying to get the tire company to make some type of adjustment on the tires but we were notified today that they would do nothing. Nor will the automotive dept. at Sears offer any type of compensation. Now we are having to completely replace the entire set of tires & we can guarantee you that Sears will not even be considered when we are looking for another set of tires--not now, nor at any time in the future.
Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Oct, 2008 by   minnis 0 Votes
My gut feeling why your tires wore out so quickly was probably due to the technician not completing a proper alignment on your vehicle, and not the tires themselves. You should sue (and still can) Sears in small claims court.
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   otown 0 Votes
I had 3 of my 4 tires completely split on the outer wall with no help from Sumitomo. The rep I was dealing with said my 22" tires should have never been installed on an SUV to begin with. Noce, after I spent $275 per tire then an additional $275 to replace each one to prevent them from bursting.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   SharonP 0 Votes
SUMITOMO BUYERS BEWARE - I purchased a complete set of new Sumitomo tires for my 2002 Dodge Caravan in 2007 with the promise from SEARS that they would last for the lifetime of the van. The tires had a 75, 000 mile warranty. I had the tires balanced and a front end alignment by SEARS when they were put on the van. During the next 2 years I had the tires rotated twice and 2 tires replaced because of nails in the tires. Currently, I have driven the tires 32, 218 miles and they are wore to the point of needing replacement. This is less than half of the warranty and Sears says there is nothing they can do because the tires are worn on the inside and the outside. How does this happen when the same SEARS automotive department rotate the tires and replace 2 of the tires and do not notice this or let the customer know something might be wrong ? I do not assume to be a tire expert but tires that have a 75, 000 mile warranty should not --all 4-- tires fail at 32, 218 miles. If one tire was defective, then it might be alignment but not all 4 with the same problem. These tires are soft and give a good ride but at the expense of wearing out too quickly. Sumitomo should admit that their tires are only good for half the mileage they claim then the customers would not be upset when they have replace the tires in 2 years and in less than half the mileage they claim. I'M WRITING THIS FOR OTHER BUYERS TO BEWARE!!!
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   Mamakeet 0 Votes
I bought Sumitomo for my 2000 Saturn 14 months ago. They have 8, 000 miles on them, and there is something wrong because they aren't holding air. I'm going to Merchant's, where I bought them, to see what they can do for me.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   joshua4u2 0 Votes
i bought all four sumitomo through Honda Dealership (Frank Leta Honda, O’Fallon MO) and two of them (front) already wore out almost completely and the other two still look brand new. I complaint to the dealership and they did not want to be responsible for it and blame it on because do not have enough tire rotation on it. I understand tire rotation can help prolong the tire life, but to have two completely worn out flat and two still look brand new obviously tell us they are defective tires. I will never replace my tire at this dealership and would strongly recommend anybody do not buy their tire there as well!!
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   Bryan D 0 Votes
I bought 4 Sunitomo tires through NTB in 2010 for a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am. We drive this car VERY mildly, mostly highway miles. NTB has checked the alignment of the vehicle 3 times since we bought the tires, each time indicating the alignment was within specification. We have put 12, 000 miles on the tires. We have 1 tire with very uneven wear on the outside edge of the tire, on the right rear of the vehicle, so bad that we are going to have to replace the tire. NTB is telling me that it is due to alignment problems (although they tell me the car is within specification) so I will have to buy another tire. They also tell me that the wear will not qualify as a warranty item. I plan to continue this battle with both NTB and Sumitomo, as a cunsumer, this is ridiculously unnacceptable and terrible customer service. My 2 cents, avoid Sumitomo unless they start to stand behind their product better than this

3 Top Tips for Finding College Aid