logo

Celcom
Worst Customer Service
3. (18 mins ago)
broadwaytour.net
They took money for the tickets and never contacted me again
4. (19 mins ago)

STUDENT LOAN

Posted:    Marcus

Scammers

IDAPP
Since 2001, I have had two student loans with IDAPP. Edfinancial became the Loan Servicer of IDAPP on December 19, 2009. However, I was not notified in writing by either company. I discovered this on January 27, 2010 when I called IDAPP's number. Edfinancial answered IDAPPs number. The Edfinancial rep told me to fill out an online contact form, which I did. And that I would be contacted about my loan status during the first week of February 2010. Today, I called Edfinancial to inquire about my loan since I have not been contacted as stated. Today an Edfinancial manager told me to wait till the end of this month. However, Edfinancial's website says the transfer of student loans would be completed by January 2010. My complaint is I should have been informed before the transfer of my loan by both companies. It's not too much to ask because Mortgage Servicers do it all the time. So, who got my student loan payment last month? IDAPP? Edfinancial? I would like to know.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Richard Radbil 0 Votes
we can help you

we are legitimate

www.managemystudentloans.com
 24th of Oct, 2010 by   cmonkey -1 Votes
Eat a dick. Pay your bills.
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   Thisannoysme 0 Votes
Almost same thing here. Got notified of the transition. Yes, that did happen. But even though they did, and said my loan would be officially transferred as of February of this year, nothing good has happened since the unchosen move to Edfinancial. When my auto payment went from my bank to my student loan people (previously myedaccount.com) during this transition, about a month later, I get a threatening letter from Edfinancial saying I was past due, and now owe xx money, more than I did owe actually, and more than my monthly payments. I logged onto my myedaccount.com and see that the account is current, but there's a weird gap, which looks like the transition might have happened, so I try to log into Edfinancial. They said I could use my previous user and pass, No I can't. It said there was no account with my NEW edfinancial acct# (as stated on the nasty letter i got), so I call. The lady has NO idea why my account isn't showing up. Yet, I'm getting letters and am being told I"m past due, but am not. The payment sent to myedaccount.com was to be credited to Edfinancial, and while they knew that, that during transitions there would confusion and such, as there has been, they still decided to send a nasty letter. The lady wasn't any help, she sounded like some grandma in Kansas, working from home, honestly. She didn't sound professional or like she knew what the hell was going on. I was told to wait until that payment got credited, but when I asked about why my payment was so high she said that my interest rate had increased. WHAT?!? I DID NOT GET A LETTER. As I HAD with EVERY and ANY time my rate increased, she said, NO, we DONT send those out. YOU are supposed to know the dates when your rate increases. HUH?!?!?!???!!! I'm supposed to set on my calender the dates of my interest rate increase, something that I have been notified obligingly for over 10 years, via a letter, and NOW I have to start keeping track of the dates? and the exact rates? This is BS. I've never missed a payment, have gotten more than 1/2 my debt paid off, and now I can't wait to just get this done with so I can never deal with these asshats again. On TOP of this: My 2nd payment with them, sent to the address THEY put on the notification letter (the only one they can afford to send apparently), with an OVER payment ($75 over to cover their stupid mistake of not giving me credit for my 1st payment to them), and yeah, IT GOT LOST!!! We got a call from them this time, at LEAST they did that. Where's your payment? Well, I sent it to YOUR address, you gave me, with the account #, YOU provided to me, with an over payment due to YOUR mistake and now you can't find it? BS! We find out that the payment got returned to my bank, and credit returned. They couldn't find the account # I put on my payment, the VERY account # THEY told me it was! And then we had to make a payment over the phone because they can't get their SH$t together. These people, this company, is pure BS and I am doing everything I can to NOT have to deal with them for much longer. I'd rather eat Ramon for 4 months, and pay off my account than have to talk or deal with these incompetent idiots ever again.
 6th of May, 2013 by   JESUSISLORD#1 0 Votes
this is where God has to step in. there exist people who have no intentions or integrity in business.

to all people stop worrying today. I declare in Jesus name predatory lending by sallie mae will stop/ and the company will dissolve/ and loans will be under state jurisdiction by faith in Jesus name Amen!

Sallie Mae we need to talk...
God