logo

1. (10 mins ago)
Consolidated Resorts / tahiti Village
Scam, fraud, ripoff, Misrepresentation
2. (29 mins ago)
CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.
CHEVROLET Programs & Events Department
Deposit refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes, Largo, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Prize Listing

Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes Contacts & Informations

Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes

Posted:    kevinanglo90

Prize Listing

National Magazine Exchange
8285 Bryan Dairy Road Suite 150
Largo, Florida
Phone: 1-800-307-6247
I just got in and received my mail and I found this little envelope addressed to me saying "NOTICE TO ALL ENTRANTS" and had a deadline saying June 3, 2010. The letter said that it was trying to reach me regarding my $1, 100, 000.00 prize entry that I didn't even know I entered into. It said that I had to call the number and submit the registered prize entry number. I didn't. I figured before I didn anything, I would look it up on the internet to see if it was legit. IT'S NOT!!! I should've known because I haven't entered any contest recently. How do they find our information? It's a disgrace that people would do this.

Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Aug, 2011 by   Happy Magazine Reader +1 Votes
Seeing this forum is here. I did call them and buy just 1 year or 12 months of service to their Reader's Exchange Program. I don't intend on winning the Sweepstakes but I do enjoy the magazines package I have had now for 10 months. I changed some of my magazines 2 and 3 times at no extra cost. I only paid 3 consecutive monthly payments of $22.36. They have never ask me for any more money. I did get both my diamond quartz watches and my electronic organizer for free as a thank you for participating in the program. I thought I was getting 3 magazines then the Supervisor gave me two more to make it 5 magazines. Then at the end of the call the Supervisor said it was such a pleasure talking to me he added 6 more magazines at no additional cost. Like I said I have changed several of my magazines in the past 10 months and they did it with no extra cost or charge. I even changed one of the extra magazines they included into my package into Playboy. I change 3 other of the extra magazines into Turtle/Humpty Dumpty/Jack and Jill for my granddaughter. They not only change the magazines for me at my request with no problems, they even mail them directly to my grand daughter for me. I cannot complain. When my 12 months run out, I am going to call them back enter again and get 11 more magazines I can have changed and mail to addresses other than my own all for only $1.29 per week total that I paid in full with 3 consecutive monthly payments of $22.36 each. After the third payment I will be paid in full again like last year. Heck you can even use one of those prepaid re-loadable Visa or Master cards you can buy at Seven-Eleven or Wal-Mart if you are afraid to use you own credit or debit card. They also offered to enroll me into Great Fun and Shopper's Advantage for free for the first 30 days to try it out. I got a $40.00 Visa Gift card for trying Great Fun and canceled it after the 30 days. I got $50.00 in shopping money for trying Shopper's Advantage for 30 days for free which I also canceled after the 30 days at no cost to me. With the $40.00 Visa Gift card and the $50.00 in shopping money, I made $42.92 profit and the magazines ended up being paid for with the money I got from trying their free 30 trail promotions. I hope when I get the magazines again in two months they offer me those free 30 day trial offers that pay me to try them for free for 30 days. I am not trying to win the sweepstakes but if I do, I will be posting here again to laugh at every one who did not want to enter the sweepstakes for free. They told me that is how they pay for the sweepstakes by selling the magazines. I don't know anywhere I can Home Decorating Digest Craft/Playboy/Turtle/Humpty Dumpty/Jack and Jill/Black Belt Magazine/Newsweek/US Weekly/ESPN/Reader's Digest Large Print for 12 months for 3 consecutive monthly payments of $22.36 each. If you do, you are even better than me at finding a bargan. Post it as a response to this statement so I can check it out.
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   ngantoy 0 Votes
just got my letter today and i immediately googled it because I don't remember signing up for any sweepstakes drawing and something is off about the letter. Anyway, I'm glad to find this site and all your comments. Since it is clearly a SCAM, what should we do about it? How can we stop these people from stealing our names and addresses? Is there a governent agency where we can send these letters and complain about our information being stolen?
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   sharkid 0 Votes
I called the number gave the guy my ID number, he took it all down asked me to verify some stuff, he said TY, then said there would be some prerecorded messages I could listen to, i listend to 1 message then hung up. It probably took all of 4 minutes at the most. I hope i win!!! lol
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   erin28327 0 Votes
My mom just got one in the mail yesterday and it says to call and provide the prize entry ID # and confirm your address. I thought I should look it up for her before she did any of that and figures its a scam. I believe it is so wrong to mess with peoples heads when it comes to money, especially when times are hard for a lot of us. They think we will do anything to strike it rich. They give false hope that we could not only win enough money to get out of dept, but help everyone we know and still live very well for the rest of our lives. Its wrong to take advantage of innocent people who are struggling these days just to make a ends meet, or to even find a job for some of us, all to make a sale and they can't even take no for a answer. Offer a chance to win money to make money, ( If they have $ 1, 100, 000, 00 dollars to give away in a contest why are they so hell bent on forcing a sale on us?) As far as I can tell they have been doing this drawling for more than a few years, that's a lot of money to give away, Yeah Right. They need to find another way to make sales, one that is honest and they might actually have forums discussing a great product and service instead of all the warnings not to deal with them. There should be a law to stop this, if you type sweepstakes in your search engine there are thousands of these so called random drawings and I would bet my left arm maybe a handful are real. So be careful on who you deal with I know I am.

erin28327
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   gariell92 0 Votes
i just got the letter today 10/28/2011 i guess i wont be calling them then
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   gariell92 0 Votes
I just got a letter today 10/27/2011 i guess i wont be call them, scam artist these days
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   mdmk 0 Votes
My husband got a letter today 11/22/2011 and luckily he asked before doing anything. After reading the complaints here, I guess we will not be calling. Thanks everyone for the comments!
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   GoldenGypsy 0 Votes
when i first saw the letter i knew it was shit, however i had entered a CapitalOne sweepstakes so i thought it was the same thing. i was on the phone with them and they kept pressuring me to get magazines, i said no about five times.i finally gave up said yes. then that's when "Megan"(with yelling kids in the background) transferred me to he r"supervisor" and he was pushing me to give my credit card info. -- that was when i knew it was a total lie. Go with your first instincts ! i put him on hold and then shortly hung up! lol
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   GoldenGypsy 0 Votes
When I 1st got the letter in the mail i knew it was total trash however, i recently entered a sweepstakes for CapitalOne so i thought it was the same thing. "Megan" pressured me to buy magazines even after i said no about 5 times. I gave in and said yes, then she transferred me to her "supervisor" . I grew even more suspicious because he was forcing me to give my card info so bad it seemed like a scam. No company who is giving away money needs your card info! Strike it Rich is a Scam! I simply put him on hold and hung up! Ha!
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   gamesmama5 0 Votes
I truly appreciate these sites where I can find out about scam letters, and phone numbers. Thanks so much everyone for all their input. It does help others. This is definitely why I bought a shredder :)
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   SANDAL DICKHAUT 0 Votes
I just got off the phone with sweepstake VII today 02-01-2012 i was told that I was the big winner in this sweepstake and to
process my paper work, BECAUSE I WON 1, 100.000.00 . I need to send a check or M/O for 990.00 to
William Milton
1629 Weston rd
Hopkins, SC 29061
the phone numbers they gave me is 1-210-346-9570 who is Robert Myers and 1 914-265-5362 also 1-800-454-6247
People, People People please share with other who don't have INTERNET
THIS IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   Howard in Utah 0 Votes
Isn't it interesting that I receive Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes notices, then after entering a website where I picked up megadoses of adware, malware and spyware I began receiving Strike It Rich VII Sweestakes notices? PCH isn't at fault, it's a clear cut case of someone snooping in my computer and trying to con me into giving them my money.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   minta63 0 Votes
I believe that we are all sweepstakes contestants or enter at one point or another people i order a mags. subs. w/PCH i really believe (third party) have a list out there with our info. just remember it's a capitalist country everyone out for themselves ..."Lots of Snakes in the Grass" SO pls BEWARE... Thx to the email-er that posted ...taken off mail list phone#1800-690-3623 /website: www.nmemags.com. Have they ever shown a winner like PCH does! SCAMMER...where the PROVED?
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   idaly 0 Votes
me too, i just received this letter, but my question is. what do they want?, because obviously is a fraud, but if someone call the number, what do they lost by calling, I fortunately didn't answer, but this happen a week ago, imagine how many years these people continue doing this fraud!!!
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Checking2012 0 Votes
Thanks, just received my "Distribution Statement" today in the mail. I figured it was probably not legit.
Again, appreciate your comments, because I dont need any of that nonsense.
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   Sylvia E 0 Votes
I called just to see what type of scam it was I never would of given them any credit card info or anything. I talked to this guy about magazines and she transferred me to her supervisor. He wouldn't take no for an answer very rude lol. Then he transferred me to the Caribbean airlines where they tried to get my credit card info there. For some free cruise never a free cruise no one would ever wanna give those away. Finally she said OK and I hung up don't know what happens next but i gotta say it's deff a scam
 19th of May, 2012 by   mybabys 0 Votes
When I called the number they said I could received $100 gas card if I tried a saving club all I had to do was pay $1 and can cancel the saving club at any time I did I received 5 $20 vouchers and the saving packet I paid a $1 for and when I cancelled that was it they did not take any more money Nothing just the $1 I paid but they did try to push magazines off on me and I kept telling them no over and over but I think it just a way for them to sell there magazines that's it
 6th of Jun, 2012 by   Skye336 0 Votes
My husband just got the Strike It Rich VIII Sweepstakes and I looked at it because he thought he won something. Don't know how they got his info when I'm the one entering the Publisher's Clearing House contests, at least the really big ones. He thought it was from a contest he entered 6 months ago for a jetski, but I told him it would be the same name of the contest. I decided to look online rather than call and thanks to all of you guys I am not making a phone call. We don't need this right now, he's unemployed and I maybe in a month and I have to worry about how to feed my family. I have a 7 month old son in great health and I want to keep him that way. If you want to buy magazines that way fine, but remember they have all your info, who's to say they don't sell it to another third party or if they use it and steal your identity. You don't know who these people are and what they will do with your info. Just be aware and be smart, don't let anyone fall for this nonsense. I only enter Publisher's Clearing House because I know it's legit and may have a chance of winning, but that's it, this is an all out scam and I knew something was up when it said FINAL NOTIFICATION DOCUMENT. I thought it was a bill, but if this was the final notice, what happened to the first few notices? How stupid do you think we are and for shame because using snail mail they'll prey on the elderly. Why don't you send those scams to people in political positions? I'm sure they'd appreciate it and I'd hope they'd shut you down.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   trixie64261911 +1 Votes
I to also received an entry to possibly win a large amount, said I had entered and provide me with a number and to call by the end of june, looked on the back an the drawing is to end 4/13/2014, and the winner is guaranteed 1, 100, 000.00. Sponsor is National Magizine Exchange. HaHa. And they have a website with pictures of some winners as well as stories. How can they do that?
 17th of Jul, 2012 by   adventure_wm 0 Votes
So how does one find out if they actually paid a "PRIZE". This is supposedly their 8th time to offer the prize. Did they pay off on 7 previous prizes????

World's Most Outrageous Gas Prices