logo

adoreinfotech.com
No support provided
4. (43 mins ago)
slimfitjackets.com
Bad services and rude rep
5. (46 mins ago)
Cinamuse.com
Payment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes, Largo, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Prize Listing

Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes Contacts & Informations

Strike It Rich VII Sweepstakes

Posted:    kevinanglo90

Prize Listing

National Magazine Exchange
8285 Bryan Dairy Road Suite 150
Largo, Florida
Phone: 1-800-307-6247
I just got in and received my mail and I found this little envelope addressed to me saying "NOTICE TO ALL ENTRANTS" and had a deadline saying June 3, 2010. The letter said that it was trying to reach me regarding my $1, 100, 000.00 prize entry that I didn't even know I entered into. It said that I had to call the number and submit the registered prize entry number. I didn't. I figured before I didn anything, I would look it up on the internet to see if it was legit. IT'S NOT!!! I should've known because I haven't entered any contest recently. How do they find our information? It's a disgrace that people would do this.

Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Aug, 2010 by   Really 2347 -1 Votes
Idid the same as you looked it up on the internet because I didnt enter any contest through them very fake looking letter screams scam
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   genivision -1 Votes
At least they did not ask for $20.00 processing fee.
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   Sick of ALL the SCams -1 Votes
Same here. Just received it in the mail today (02/04/2011). I've seen these scammer's before, and, from what I have heard, although they do process subscriptions it's to those that they ONLY want you to subscribe to and NO winning of any so called sweepstakes comes out of it. This whole scam has been going on for a good number of years at that. Don't we already have enough scams going around these days as it is? We don't need these rip offs trying to 'cash in' as well!
 23rd of Apr, 2011 by   lanny warren -1 Votes
I just got off the phone with the Strike it Rich telemarketers, not one but two. I told both that was not interested in purchasing anything, just entering the sweepstakes. Ha! They would not take no for an answer. I kept refusing and they kept talking. Finally, I was told to stop talking over them and was told I was rude for constantly saying No. Goodye was my answer.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   Clickthis -1 Votes
This one is all about selling magazine subscriptions. It has been circulating for years. I called it a couple of years ago. I think they're harmless, but I still wouldn't give them any information.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   sickofscamsinAmerica -1 Votes
I just received my letter in the mail today (04/28/2011) I just entered to win one million dollars.(RIGHT) (WRONG) I havent entered into anything. This is a SCAM. America is already broke as hell, and then he comes someone else to take the little pocket money we do have left, after bills and all. Someone really needs to stop these people from doing things like this. On the other hand if I want a chance at winning a million dollars, I'll play the Lottery. Posted by sick of scams in America.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   benzo -1 Votes
I HAD A SCAM RAN ME ALSO THE COMPANY SENT ME A CHECK FOR ABOUT 3500 AND TOLD ME TO CASH IT. THE THING WAS NOT TO GO TO A BANK OR LET ANYONE KNOW WERE OR WHY I RECEIVED IT AND SEND THEM ONLY LIKE 1300. ONCE I GIVE THEM THE MONEY. THEY WOULD DELIVERY MY 50, 000 WITH MARSHALL ESCORT. I CALL THE BANK IT SUPPOSES TO HAVE COME FROM THE FUNDS WASN'T THERE. I REPORTED THEM TO THE BBB IN WASH. DC. YOU NOW THE RESULT...
 10th of May, 2011 by   J.M78 -1 Votes
I just received the same scam(5-10-11), I knew it was a scam right away. For 1 I knew I hadn't entered into any contest recently, and the look of the letter is what clued me in next. Thank you for having websites like this. I have had pretty convincing looking letters come in the mail before, and if it weren't for websites like this I may have fallen for it. Though I have learned as well in the past, if it sounds too good to be true, then 9 times out of 10 it is. For the one above me who did call, you can report them to the local police dept. it is a scam and they can get the word out to anyone else & be reported.
 11th of May, 2011 by   Sicca -1 Votes
I recieved this letter today (5-11-11), and my first thought was "When did I enter into some contest??" So I figured I'd hop on the internet and when I was typing the name into Google... I was only able to type "Strike I" before it automatically popped up as a popular search. I knew right then this wasn't legit. Gotta say... I was crossing my fingers it was, but nope. I could really use $1.1 million. haha Couldn't we all?
 27th of May, 2011 by   Wiser shopper -1 Votes
I just received the letter today (5-27-11). My first red flag was it said SECOND NOTICE on the envelope. I know I had not received a first notice as I open and look at all mail I get. Got scammed by BestBuy earlier this year so I check all offers on the internet. Lesson learned.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   noteasytobefooled -1 Votes
Wow, I read all the comments here and thankfully I didn't call the number they provided. Same as everybody, I didn't enter into any contest which makes me doubt big time. Honestly, the amount did blind me at first into hoping that I'd win. But with all the crisis our economy is experiencing to date, it's really necessary to check it out if its legit. And searching online is really helpful. What made me doubt more was, the necessity of providing your address for verification. Nowadays, you should not be giving out any information to anybody you do not know. Thanks to the one who started this thread--kevinanglo90.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   jbmack -1 Votes
I received my Strike it rich today (6-1-2011) and I have until 6-16, 2011 to respond. I am like the rest of you what sweepstakes and when did I enter a sweepstakes. I am sick and tired of these scammers, not only receiving them in the mail, I also get them via e-mail. When are they going to get tired or caught scamming.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   cal l -1 Votes
I just got my $1.1 million dollar sweepstakes letter. I didn't enter. Letter looked fake. need the money though. But not that bad. Quick search on internet, nothing but complaints.
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   rocket man at the beach -1 Votes
I received a 'Strike it Rich' (NME) official prize distribution statement too. I've never entered in to their contest.
You all can't be pending too. So it must be fake, You can't win a contest that you didn't enter.
I think Publisher Clearing House must have given them the address, because I haven't ever used this address except to PCH. I use a Post office box.
Thanks for the warning.
 7th of Jun, 2011 by   HCINMB -1 Votes
Got a PO Box, keep getting same letter but they misspell name each time. Haven't entered contest. I did call number got some one across the waters as usual. Hung Up she couldn't speak english well gave up!
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   Annoyed with scams -2 Votes
I keep getting letters from the National Magazine Exchange, claiming this is my, "second notice" (see attachment). After researching this, there is NO WAY that I'll be calling them!!! Their address is:

National magazine Exchange
8285 Bryan Dairy Road
Suite 150
Largo, FL 33777

Supposedly, if you want to be taken off of their mailing list, you can call 800-690-3623. The website they have listed to view their, "privacy" policy is www.nmemags.com.
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   Don't respond to it! 0 Votes
I feel really bad, I work for them, and feel it is a SCAM!
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   scamcop -1 Votes
A lottery scam is a type of advance-fee fraud which begins with an unexpected sms notification that "You have won!" a large sum of money in a lottery. The recipient of the message — the target of the scam — is usually told to keep the notice secret, "due to a mix-up in some of the names and numbers, " and to contact a "claims agent." After contacting the agent, the target of the scam will be asked to pay "processing fees" or "transfer charges" so that the winnings can be distributed, but will never receive any lottery payment.[1] Many email lottery scams use the names of legitimate lottery organizations or other legitimate corporations/companies, but this does not mean the legitimate organizations are in any way involved with the scams.
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   Renlaan -1 Votes
Got the Sweepstakes VII 2nd chance yesterday 8/9/2011 and figgured I'd play along after reading through these comments.
First thing they said was there is no obligation to send any money or purchase anything. After she took my info she then wanted to offer me 2 watches and magazine subscription. She rattled off all the different magazines. I told her I wasn't interested. She said thats ok, just pick 2 that you would like. I suggested dogs and car magazines. She said great!!! It's only a dollar something a week. I said I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR ANYTHING!!! Thats fine, and she rattled off MORE magazines!!!
OMG are you serious???? She got pissed and wanted her supervisor to get in on a 3-way (and not the good kind either) and I again said I'm not buying anything. She said fine and transfered me to another department where they wanted to sign me up for a "free gas card or 40 dollar credit card)
Only in America do people do business like this...
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM...
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   yvenaj -1 Votes
omg i just intered the contest smh so stupid but they was tryna sell me the magazines but i say no thanx a guy couldnt stop talking talk about he saving me money so i should take advantage of the offer i said f*** no .

Do It Yourself Car Diagnosis