logo

Stratolounger recliners Contacts & Informations

Stratolounger recliners

Posted:    Terry

Broken mechanism

I bought 2 Stratolounger recliners, XP 3-7699, of which I was told that the mechanism was guaranteed a life time. One of the chairs needs a new mechanism, but I can't find Stratolounger to get the new mechanism, and I was wondering if you could help me find a place to repair them or for us to get a new mechanism?

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio, Northern KY area.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Terry

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2011 by   MrMikeD 0 Votes
I was researching these because I was going to buy two of them this weekend, thanks for the input, stopped me from throwing my money away.
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   OKKathy 0 Votes
Well... I bought my Stratolounger Tailgater about 4 months ago. So far, the "massager" part is still working, but the heat is not. The arm cushions, due to the design, fall to the sides & there is no lumbar support. The chair is also "wobbly." Like everyone else, I cannot find how or where to get this chair fixed. Wish I had saved my money!
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   TRANSMITTERGUY 0 Votes
I was headed to big lots tonight to buy a new stratolounger but after seeing these complaints I have chosen to look elsewhere and buy a better brand.
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   LCDon 0 Votes
If you have bought your Stratolounger with a credit card you might be able to enter a claim with the purchase protection insurance. I would like to try this approach but do not have a copy of the warranty. If anyone has one could you please email me a copy and I will let you know if I succeed.
 13th of Apr, 2012 by   HenryAbott 0 Votes
Like the previous comments, I too purchased a Stratolounger some time ago and have a problem with the mechanism. In my case it seems they chose to use a cheap bolt to mount it to the rest of the chair and that bolt has sheared off. The bolt is designed in a way so as to make it impossible to replace on my own so the armrest section containing the actuating lever is about to fall off. I have made numerous attempt to contact them by phone resulting in call timeout each time. It seems the Caye Home Furnishings wants to avoid their responsibilities with regard to these mechanism problems.
 12th of Sep, 2012 by   Joe Roth in NC 0 Votes
I just bought two Strtoloungers (Stratolounger® "Oversized Tailgater Recliner) from Big Lots within the past two months and the plastic pull handle just broke and I emailed the company so lets see how they respond since I also live in NC.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   JoySC 0 Votes
I purchased a Stratolounger 2 years ago and have no problems with it...I have to sleep in it for joint deterioration and have gone thru 3 recliners purchased over the past 25+ years. I have been in Lazy boys, you name it...but the Stratolounger has been the most comfortable chair for night sleeping that I have found. I wear them out in 2 to 3 years though and am now starting to look for a new one.
I need a larger width chair so that I can sleep on my side at times. But I love the heat and massage in my chair as they both have been great relaxers. So I am trying to locate a 47 inch width with heat/massage. If any one knows of one, please email me at yvonne_dail@
hotmail.com.
Thanks...
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   Tracy taf 0 Votes
I have purchased a Stratolounger The Big One fabric recliner and the mechanism part has broken, how can I order a new part??
 19th of Jan, 2013 by   Charles Gilbert +1 Votes
We purchased the Statolounger "Big One" on 10/9/2012 from Big Lots the mechanism broke today 1/19/2013. The people @ Big Lot's in Belmont NH treated us fantastic, they replaced the chair without question. Other than this issue with the mechanism the chair was very comfortable and seemed to be holding up well. I will continue to buy from this store regardless because of the way they stepped up and took care of our needs!
 6th of Feb, 2013 by   melissabm 0 Votes
I am in need of the adapter that is from the chair wire to the plug wire.main wire that is plunged yo the bottom of the chair is their ...But the wire that plunges in that wire and the wall is missing and I don't even know what it looks like .I cant take it back it was on clearance !Now I know why after reading all the people that have it .Please if some one has a broken chair and would like to get ride of theres email me @ melissahartsel@gmail.com
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   roberta sollars 0 Votes
my recliner love seat is just like the other people who had a problem with the reclining mechanism and springs popping loose. the handle on the mechanism broke off so you cannnot recline the back. that was eighteen months ago(i wasnot going to complain)...then the springs popped. I am the only one that sits on the sofa.HELP!!!roberta sollars eyorezfrnd @gmail.com
 3rd of Mar, 2013 by   aunt bee 0 Votes
i got a stratolounger on sale today as is on closeout. I found the adapter from the chair wire to the plug wire main is missing. Where do I get a new one. The foot rest won't move up and down.
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   JRRobert 0 Votes
Upholstery producer Caye Home Furnishings to close. Brands include Stratford, Stratolounger. Gary Evans -- Furniture Today, June 2, 2010
 11th of Apr, 2013 by   dlacey33 0 Votes
I bought a stratolounger Monte Carlo Power recliner at big lots the power mech does not work and i could not get any info except that it has been discontinued, i still have the tag on it the company whom warranties it is the franklin corp ... www.franklincorp.com contact them for your concerns...Dlacey
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   jolou +1 Votes
I just bought a Strato on July 30 from Big Lots myself. Just knowing that Big Lots only deals with products that are discontinued and closeouts should tell you right there. They told me that if I have any problems within a year that I can get a refund or exchange from the store. And if you have the tag you have 5 years on the mechanism. My tag says to contact where you bought the chair from. Their the ones who have to make good on the warranty. I doubt that Big Lots are going out of business any time soon. Unlike these little furniture stores are. The manufacturer providing that warranty is Franklin Corp. 600 Franklin Drive Houston, MS 38851 franklincorp.com Hope this helps someone. We work too hard for our money!
 25th of Jul, 2013 by   maureen beck 0 Votes
I had furniture repair on the problem cost 80.00 lasted 6 months. Get a class action suit I'm in...Furniture warehouse will not help
 10th of Sep, 2013 by   JPFord 0 Votes
Caye Home Furnishings did close, but was later reorganized into Newport Furniture. Newport filed for Chapter 7 liquidation on July 11, 2013. All production was shut down and offices cleaned out. THey were located at the old Stratford Factory. http://djournal.com/news/newport-furniture-files-for-bankruptcy/
 23rd of Sep, 2013 by   orle long -1 Votes
ditto to the above! R ight rear of the seat, and lower right of the back are sagging in. Ihave a injured back and this hurts me. I bought the BIG ONE recliner 8 months ago at BIG LOTS. It was good for 4-5months, then thelumbar weakened, the seat weakened and can feel a board across the rear of seat!
 15th of Nov, 2013 by   L. Lucas +1 Votes
I too purchased a Stratolounger"the big one" so my dog had room to sit with me and the fact it was higher than other ones, so it didn't hurt my knees so bad to stand up. The mechanism to release the foot rest, being plastic just broke and i was to understand these were very good recliners.so who is handling complaints and repairs?? I like the chair, but not happy that all the complaints i see on this site is the same thing, not good. There are also staples sticking out all over the inside, as i tried to see what happened to it and cut my hand and I mean staples everywhere.
 1st of Mar, 2014 by   BridgetK 0 Votes
Considering purchasing the Stratolounger Calais oversized recliner for 379.99 with a 20% discount at Big Lots Has anyone found problems with it?

Scam The Scammers