logo

Sky Go Courier Services, UK
Fake Courier Website
5. (30 mins ago)
The Best PC Doctor
"The Best PC Doctor" - It is a total scam.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Stratolounger recliners Complaints & Reviews - Broken mechanism

Stratolounger recliners Contacts & Informations

Stratolounger recliners

Posted:    Terry

Broken mechanism

I bought 2 Stratolounger recliners, XP 3-7699, of which I was told that the mechanism was guaranteed a life time. One of the chairs needs a new mechanism, but I can't find Stratolounger to get the new mechanism, and I was wondering if you could help me find a place to repair them or for us to get a new mechanism?

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio, Northern KY area.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Terry

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Mar, 2007 by   Robert John 0 Votes
Did you ever find replacement parts? I'm looking for a couple of parts myself.
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   Kathy Hurdle 0 Votes
My Stratolounger chair's mechamism just broke down. One spring has come off but I see where it goes - there appears that there was one on each side and the one on the right side next to the lever is off. Under the chair besides the spring was a wire about 6" long with was hooked on each end. I cannot figure out where this came from. I hate to lose the chair - it was my father's that he only got 5 months before his death so I am real attached to the chair.

The seat of the chair is seeking down next to the right arm and the foot rest will not come up.
 24th of Sep, 2007 by   Robert Reitter 0 Votes
The metal part of the handle broke I would like to know if I can get a new one. Thank for your help

Robert Reitter
 13th of Apr, 2008 by   greg 0 Votes
I have two Stratolounger Recliners. One has a spring off and the seat leans toward one arm and the other has mechanical problems and part that are lose. The foot rest won't come out or go in if you get it out. I cannot find out who to write to.
Greg
 14th of May, 2008 by   gary 0 Votes
i found info about the company on the BBB website.

Business Contact and ProfileBack To Top Name: Caye Home Furnishings, LLC
Phone: (662) 534-4762
Address: 1201 West Bankhead Street, New Albany, MS 38652
Google map Mapquest map Yahoo map
Business Category: Furniture Manufacturers, General Merchandise-Retail
Primary Contact: Ms. Sue Rhea (Customer Service Supervisor)
Complaint Contact: Ms. Sue Rhea (Customer Service Supervisor)
Additional Locations and Phone NumbersBack To Top
 24th of Jul, 2008 by   Kevin Morgan +1 Votes
My NEW Stratolounger Recliners lasted two weeks. The bottoms feel like you are sitting in some at the Goodwill Store. Poor WORKMANSHIP !! CHEAP MATERIALS.
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   mrkg 0 Votes
Purchased 3 Stratolounger recliners from Art Van Furniture in Michigan. One was delivered damaged and was promply replaced. However, all three have to have the lever mechanism replaced. The lever does not function properly. When the foot rest is elevated it will not go back in! These chairs are less than 90 days old! Now I know why the dealer tries so hard to get you to purchase the warranty!
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   DeniseNC 0 Votes
Hi, I also purchased two stratolounger recliners from the room store..within a month or two I had to call them out to pratically put them both back together again. Then within about 4-6 months later the one recliner mechanism completley broke. The repair man came and made his report and then the room store said they would not be honoring the warrenty because of suspected abuse... Now only about 3 months later the other recliner is also broke in the same exact way. These are only about 2 years old. I can not seem to find anywhere where you can get ahold of the company. I am considering getting an attorney and showing them all of these complaints that are the same as mine which would prove that I indeed did not abuse my chairs. So any info that anyone has can you please email it to me... dncphx@cox.net. Thank you
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Meghan1236 0 Votes
I have 2 recliners within the camelot sectional that each have broken once, now one that has been repaired once has broken a second time and the sectional is only a year and a half old. The store where I purchased it did not offer an additional warrenty just the one year from the date of purchase, now that it's been a year I have to go to the store in person and pay $200 for a service fee which does not include parts or if the couch needs to be removed if they cannot repair it in my home. I was trying to find a way online to speak with the manufactor directly with no luck...
 20th of Mar, 2010 by   Gilbert Garza 0 Votes
Where do you find the springs for the stratolounger?
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   liliemay 0 Votes
Well I don't own a stratolounger recliner but was looking for reviews about it, because i was hoping to replace my husbands 12 yr old lazy-boy recliner. It finally started to come apart after supporting his 265 wt body including many, many nights of sleeping in it. So after looking at all these complaints i decided not to own one after all.
PS I hope all of you find a solution to your problems
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   Mygar 0 Votes
We purchased 2 Stratolounger recliners in June 2007. One of them has pieces of foam and wood falling on the carpet everytime I either sit down or get up. The foot rest will not close completely unless I get up and physically lift the chair up and push it in. Of course I cannot find the original bill and the card I have only has the name Caye Home Furnishings, LLC on it. An internet search reports that they are closing in 2011. Anybody know what I can do?
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   Mygar 0 Votes
I will try to call customer service as suggested on the first complaint.
thank you.
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   Brinny 0 Votes
I too bought 2 recliners, , and since the store they were bought from has gone out of business. Before they went out we had both recliners back twice, , one was because the recliner seat leans into the left arm the stores last fix was to put a small satrip of wood under it to make it look like it was sitting right, , ha didnt work!! the other recliner just now my husband sat down and the left arm just almost fell off. Wow seems like most of us have the same problems. When it first started we called the store and were told it could take 6 months to a year to get a replcement, , lets load them all up and sent them at the front door of the factory!! wish I'd have gotten a Lazy Boy like I was told.
 11th of May, 2011 by   LittleLyn 0 Votes
G ary,
I also cannot get the foot on my dad's stratolounger down. I called the number you listed, but bur after 1 ring, it goes right to a busy signal. I don't know if it really is busy, or if there has been so many calls, they have changed their number.

I'm having a similar problem with my bed. Head is stuck up, foot is stuck down, and the company I bought it from is out of business. And of course, I've been recently injured, and I'm supposed to sleep with my foot above my heart. My feet slide off the pillow in the middle of the night, so that's no help.

I live in Parma, Ohio near Cleveland. Can anybody out there help me?
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   Ed Houghtalen 0 Votes
I have a Stratolounger that has dual massage and the massage function has stopped working. Cayce Furniture where it was made for Stratolounger has gone out of business. I purchased my chair thru JC Penny so I called them and they are tryin to help me get this fixed under the one year warranty. Don't know how much luck I will have but I will kick on every door until I run out of doors or get my chair fixed.
 8th of Jul, 2011 by   Charlestown, In 0 Votes
I purchased a Statolounger sectional from Smiths Furniture in August of 2009. With in a year the left recliner is broken and leans towards the armrest. The material is literally falling apart. I have never seen a sofa fall apart with in two years on owership. The company we purchased it through went out of business a month after we purchased the sofa. We do not know what to do now. We thought we were making an investment buying a statolounger but obviously we were wrong. If anyone knows anything that can be done please let us know.
We live in Charlestown, In.
 14th of Jul, 2011 by   Mcycleman 0 Votes
Wow. Was considering buying one. With all this good info over some 4 years, I agree with the one person. Ain't buying one now!
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   Ron-D 0 Votes
Just bought a Stratolounger® "Oversized Tailgater Rocker-Recliner With Heat & Massage" fabric model on Thursday July 28 new in box from BigLots ($299) When i got it home and set it up, the chair leans to the right and rear when sitting in it. I know this is not a good sign. It seems to be okay otherwise but it only takes one problem to bring on others with furniture. I might have to take it back and exchange or refund and find a better chaiur. Thank you to the person who posted contact info. I plan to call them Monday.

18th of Aug, 2011 by   JanieT 0 Votes
We purchased two leather Stratolounger recliners in 2009 from Haynes. We got the Protection PLUS warranty, but it does not cover the chair's construction. One of the recliners leans to the left arm as mentioned in other posts. I am going to try the number listed at top, but It doesn't sound good. Any good results out there?

Pictures Are Also Used For Romance Scam!

Latest Groups