logo

Branson's Nantucket
false advertising
4. (16 mins ago)
www.nycoptics.com
truly appreciate the ease of using your website
5. (34 mins ago)
GLOBAL COURIER SERVICE COMPANY LONDON. UNITED KINGDON
regarding to get lottery prize

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Strategic Book Publishing AEG Publishing Group, Stoneville Complaints & Reviews - Fraud

Strategic Book Publishing AEG Publishing Group Contacts & Informations

130 Naranga Place
Australia
Phone: 61 8 9295 6035
greenhouseneutralfoundation.org
I have a publishing contract with the AEG Publishing group that was arranged by Writer Literary Agency. The book ZER Greenhouse Emissions - The Day the Light Went Out - Our Future World was published in October 2008 and I purchase from them 300 copies to be shipped to me as the author here in Australia. They indicated in the contract that until there were 300 copies (not including the copies I purchased) there would be no royaties payable. The sales reports indicate that only 24 copies have to date been purchased. Although this seem unusual as all the work I have been doing to sell them I did not question these figures. I paid them funds to represent me at the New York book fair in May also US$250. I then subsequently paid a furthe $395 to have them produce an e-book of the title. They forward a free PDF copy to me and the royalties were to be 50% of all e-books sold. I have been working every hour I can to sell the book and direct buyers to the web address for the book at the publisher http://www.eloquentbooks.com/ZEROGreenhouseEmissions.html and know many have reported to me that they have purchased - My royalties have not show up on the statement via royalties page. Today I did a seach to be horified to see that the whole of the operation from Writers Literary to the AEG publishing Group is a scam. This could cause the demise of our not-forprofite environmental education foundation .

Please advise me what I can do -- Please treat this with the utmost urgency

my email address is greenhouseneutral@bigpond.com

Many thanks
Bob Williamson
Founder and Chair
Greenhouse Neutral Foundation
130 Naranga Place Stoneville Western Australia 6081
+61 8 9295 6035

Comments Australia Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Aug, 2009 by   Kevill Davies 0 Votes
Hi,
I too have a contract with AEG publishing through the Writer Lierary Agency. My book 'Apsaras' was published in April 2009.

Can you please tell me how you uncovered it was a fraud? They do seem to exhibit at book fairs-or is that a lie, too?

Regards,
Kevill Davies
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   C.J 0 Votes
I dont have an opinion on this subject, but I want one. I am a new author, my first book. I submitted to WI Childrens Literary Agency and they want me to sign a contract. There are some bad reviews on the internet and I want to know more.
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   jstarkf 0 Votes
I have not signed a contract with AEG, but did submit a description of a completed and fully illustrated book. They replied they were interested and proposed a "joint venture." What concerns me is that all I've gotten from them are form letters. The letters pay no heed to any information I've already given them. When I complained about the form letters, I was given a number to call, which I haven't done yet.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   C-Luv390 0 Votes
Listen Authors! Go to a website called ''Writers Beware''. It's a helpful site dedicated in alerting Authors about book frauds, from
agents, editors, book publishers whether their traditional, or vanity press, or commercial. Go to the site, you'll be surprised by who's
listed on the Author Beware list!
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   Metacath2009 0 Votes
Re AEG Publishing Group, Writers Literary Agency, etc.

You might want to follow up with this to see if you can get reimbursed.

Writers who have had trouble with Robert M. Fletcher or any of the above-named businesses can still contact the office of the Florida Attorney General, regardless of their place or country of residence, or the date of their involvement.

Randi Shapiro, Financial Investigator
Economic Crimes Division
Email: randi.shapiro@myfloridalegal.com
Phone: 954-712-4600
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   Metacath2009 0 Votes
Forgot to mention that above is from Writer's Beware Website
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   wanda4545 0 Votes
i have no contract at all, but was looking at these people as my next publisher maybe not though. i dont have any money to pay anyone to do this. i got ripped off by publish america and still havent seen any money at all. why do i need another one.
 26th of Sep, 2009 by   wanda4545 0 Votes
i cant believe that these publishers hurt people that are writers by ripping us off. and we are only wanting a best seller.and too make our dream come true.
 11th of Oct, 2009 by   Lukin 0 Votes
AH HA! My questions are answered!! 'Leave these people out of the equation'. It did seem too good to be true, no fees only 10% cut they take off any sales I make!!! Odd they never actually read any manuscript to see if my writing was any gd!!
Thanks for the truth...not sure how we can expose these sham people!!??? JAS.
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   Amanda Pringle 0 Votes
I recently had a book published by Strategic Book Publishing in New York, titled 'As One'. It was about my struggle to overcome a Dissociation Identity Disorder. I thought it was in safe hands as I put my heart and soul into it?
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   anonoymous 0 Votes
Writers Literary Agents supposedly sent out quieries to top name publishers that I picked for them. I never got a copy of any rejection letter that they said they'de received, When asked about them they say they delete all of them and trash it. I paid on the average of 17.00 for those inquiries. Then two months later they said that a new publishing company was looking for submissions and I should submit to them. The company was Strategic Books/Eloquent Books, which my agent Georgina whole hearted recommended. After a few back and forth emails, all were formtype, I was sent a contract for a joint venture for $675.00. At my agents advice I signed it. I would later find out that my agant worked for their parent company AEG Publishing which owns, Stratigic, Eloquent, Authoredge, Strategic Marking Consulting and a host of smaller publications. I went through there recommended editing process for $2, 000.00 and found out the independant editior also worked for AEG. Then I went to "Writers Beware" at the SFWA.org website and found out they are under investigation by the Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement. The Florida Attorney General has indeed filed criminal charges against My Fletcher the owner of this sham. On a book that sells for $28.50 I the writer get $2.07 royalty a copy. They were supposed to pay me 50% according to their own contract. Virtually no marketing of my book has taken place. Something else they promised to do in their contract. So "Caviet Emptor" writer beware of AEG and any of its subsidiaries. This was an expensive rip off of an aspiring writer.
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   La Donna Alfano 0 Votes
Yes, this company is a scam. I am now waiting for an affidavit from Randi Shapiro, the Attorney General in the Crimes Division in Florida. I have had many problems with this company and I just found out about this scam in the last couple of days. It's blowing my mind. They had a booth in Frankfurt, Germany and I was there. Something didn't seem right, but being a first-time author, I don't know what to expect. At the end of the week, I realized that my marketing team weren't teaching me anything on what I should have been doing to promote my book. I learned things from other authors and what and who they were talking to. But, those people had already left the show so I spent the whole week there wasting my time and money. Unbelievable. It cost me $295 for my book, My Dance With Opa, to be on a shelf and I paid $495 for myself to be there for 4 hours on just one day trying to do book signings. I spent $1750. for editing and I still had to go back with a fine tooth comb because there were so many mistakes. Now I have to go looking for another publisher. And, to add, that my Royalties Website has never had any data. Everytime I check to see where my royalties are, I get NO DATA FOUND. I still can't believe their website is still up and running. I hope more victims will come through so that we can get this guy that is stealing our dreams.
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   lifeinaweek 0 Votes
Wow, I just recieved an email from a fellow blogger in my town with this link attached and I am very nervous now! I just published Life In A Week...A book about being happy in October and as of today have not had any problems with them. My royalty page is up and running but it takes about a month to show the previous months sales. I am a first time author and if anyone knows of a way to check sales besides what they tell you please let us new authors know! My gut instinct now is to be nervous and for the promised marketing end of the agreement let me suggest count on doing it yourself! I have read a few great books that I bought online and from Independant book stores and they really helped me alot. Please email me or send me a message through my blog, I would really appreciate it!
Mike Keller
mike_s_keller@yahoo.com
www.lifeinaweek.com

Have a wonderful day!
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Ilze Henderson 0 Votes
I also published two books with them. Unfortunately I submitted both simultaneously, so I couldnt back down when everything went wrong. I waited months for them to complete the books, the editing was horrific (after I paid over $ 1 000 for it!), they lost 25 books in the mail and I had to pay for it anyway! I wanted to test them, so I purchased books on our local websight and sure enough they didnt account for it on my royalties website! When I queried them they simply said there was a mistake with the system. I also had to send a LOT of emails before I received any checks in the mail. I am bitterly disappointed and have wasted a couple of thousand dollars! Can anyone please tell me what we should do?
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   stonyobs 0 Votes
Hi. I'm Dean and I've recently finished writing a book titled The Stonehenge Observatory. I don't know about the US but in the UK I've found it really difficult to find a publisher of non-fiction to even consider my work even though it has had a positive academic review and requests by academics to reuse the 3D models created for the web site and book. Naturally, I was really interested by AEGs offer to visit the London Book Fair but at the same time I was concerned that they hadn't actually looked at the work. When challenged, someone called 'Tania' asked me to send the book by email but refused to download the PDF due to a 'software glitch'. I don't know of any such glitch so she has now said the work has to come direct from the author. Now, having read the complaints, I guess this could be construed legally as me offering the text freely rather than AEG requesting it in the first place. It's sad but I know we all represent a tiny portion of the authors out there who are in the same situation.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   abbywood 0 Votes
It's good to know I'm not alone in being ripped off by this company. i also had two books with them and i am disgusted with myself for being so gullable. surely there must be something that can be done about this horrendous outfit. if anyone has an idea please let me know on abbywood at btinternet.com
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   authormyshop 0 Votes
well the thing is i went in with my eye open with xlibris. they do nothing i have not read. I have checked out Morgan James publishing their starting book buy is 5000 worth plus fees. try and do the work your self or get a agent not affiliated with theses companies good luck everyone and I wish us all well ventures despite the many scams out there waiting to capitalize on our dreams! tania from Aeg is probably not a real person She did not answer my question rather a form letter that was a big give away!
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   Philip Bradbury 0 Votes
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   audreycsullivan 0 Votes
I am also a first time author/illustrator of a children's book and equally frustrated by the process of finding a reputable publisher. I only just received my refund check from Xlibris after 4 badly printed authors copies and months of requests for that refund. I was considering SBP because I liked the look and sound of their joint venture contract but after reading this site have reconsidered. Three other self publishing companies are emailing and calling me ruthlessly but at this point I am feeling total defeat and unwilling to consider any of them. On this page alone I see an advertisment for Tate publishing at the top and the following comment "There's a standard rule in getting your book published - if you have to pay ANY money, DON'T!! End of story. Any publisher who asks for money is not a publisher, they're a sham! No more needs to be said!!" at the bottom. This is a nightmare for anyone trying to make a decision!!! I would SO love to hear from anyone with a recommendation to a positive end.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   maynard philbeck 0 Votes
In February 2009, I submitted a partial manuscript of 300 pages entitled The Halifax Project to tinaskinner@schaffer books.com . At the time, their e-mails said they would "delete" our submitted manuscript if a"contract" was not signed. They were going to submit our inquiry to a "Bob Biondi" of the "military division." They wanted us to sign a contract, and send money to get the manuscript proofread ; this caused us to check out their reputation on line and discover that they were most likely a crooked organization. Now, over a year later, somebody named Tania e-mails us and wants us to submit our manscript (resubmit?) based on the 2009 inquiry.

Vegas Vacation Scam