Straight Talk

Posted: 2015-05-10 by

This company cannot keep their lies straight

9700 NW 112th Avenue
Miami, Florida
Phone: 1-877-430-CELL (2355)
Again, I am on the phone with another idiot from Straight Talk. I was on hold for nearly an hour for a supervisor before the CSR (that's a laugh) disconnected the call. The second call, I have been on hold for over an hour waiting for a supervisor to supposedly finish a call. I think they are outside smoking weed.

A few weeks ago I was in the hospital and my service ended. When I returned home last week, I renewed my service. Big mistake. Since then, dead air kicks into all of my calls. I have to reboot the phone and then when I make the call, dead air kicks in after 10 minutes.

The lock screen kicks in and ends all of my calls. This happened on a 911 call. I was told that the lock screen is supposed to end the calls if one has been on the phone too long.

WTF? Excuse me? What was that advertisement of unlimited talk, text and data. As far as text is concerned. I cannot text. Too many connection problems. It took me 2 days to have a text go through. I sent one text and it multiplied to the recipient to the point, she called and complained about me over texting her.

When I make a call it takes two to three minutes before a call is dialed and connected and it locks up the phone. I have to reboot the phone and wait for that scanning media card before I can make a call. There was a fire in my apartment building and I cannot rely on Straight Talk to have that call go through. That would be too much like right.

I was told that I would have to return the phone and wait up to 10 days before I receive my replacement phone. Now mind you that I paid for the service for 30 days and I will be short on my paid service.

Did I mention that I had surgery and I need a phone for emergency purposes? I was told to borrow someone's phone or go search for a payphone. Excuse me? Does the idiots at Straight Talk know that other people work and that payphones are not available. I was also told to use a older straight talk phone. I do not have another Straight Talk phone. I sent them back.

I have contacted an attorney about filing a lawsuit against this company. There is one about the fraudulent unlimited service and the slowing down of the data speed. Since I reactivated my phone, it is working way below 3G, let's just say it is working at 300 baud dial up modem speed.

I cannot get my emails. I have to reboot the phone in order to get the emails. I cannot keep bothering my neighbors and jeopardizing my health due to unethical policies and negative training.

THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF INTELLIGENT LIFE AT STRAIGHT TALK. Customer service is very poor, there's no such thing as common sense. The FCC should step in and make Straight Talk get their act together or go out of business.

I did not have this problem of being on two phones to solve a problem when I was with AT&T, Verizon or Sprint.
Complaint comments Comments (13) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - refilling minutes

Unable to refill minutes on line or by phone.Phone busy and online will not take pin number.It is distressing to go through when you need a refill.my phone number is 501 530 0961 pin code 118211490902242'Can you help me?Email of family susanellis138@yahoo.com
 10th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I always have the same problem, along with the $45.00 card that should last for thirty days. It only lasts twenty days most of the time. That is false advertisement, and Straight Talk customer service will not give you credit for the week that is lost.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - phone won't let me make out going calls
straight talk

my phone which service is paid, has not been letting me make out-going calls on 9/10/10 and 9/14/10 my phone number is 507-438-2710
 29th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - Refunding money/cell phone activation
Phone: 6787364251

Straight talk is the worst provider. I talked to several techs to activate phone.I checked the zip code before I ordered the phone. The phone that I purchased works only on verizon towers and could not get any service. It takes up to 30 days to refund your money.
 11th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
Wow, I'm shocked and amazed you got a refund. I haven't been so lucky...I was told there were no guarantees(of course, I bought the most expensive phone) . Where I've always received service, I have such sporadic service it is a joke. I'm done, hard and expensive lesson learned!! Joyce K
 23rd of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - have to pay for answer regarding calling canada

I tried to contact straight talk via the internet in regards to calling canada from the states. I was then directed to a site that could help me for about $60 dollars. I could not get a straight answer immediately as to how to complete my call.
 24th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - tnx

I tried to email them at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and they were able to solve my problem. Just send them your name, cell number or your phone serial number for them to assist you.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - Need Help?

Email them at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. This is the right people you can ask for help just need to send them your name, cell number or your phone serial number. Just got my problem solved.
 14th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - unauthorized use
Straight talk
105 south gosnell
Phone: 870278 6775

Straight talk has debited money from my account three months in a row and are claiming that they did not take money from my account. I have contacted them repeatedly about this issue and they refuse to help me . I. Need to know how I can get my money back this is ridiculous!
 14th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Talk to your financial institution. You have protections under Regulation E. They should be able to give you provisional credit while they investigate this matter.
 31st of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - phones
straight talk

I have had 2 straight talk phones and in a matter of weeks they stopped working...this not a good company
 1st of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes

Straight Talk - phone problems they took phone back wont refund me
Phone: 928 535-9501

I bought a hawaii ascend y for 160.00. I used it for 2 months and it stopped working. I sent it back to the on June 10, 2013 and still waiting for them to send me a replacement. I called them 15 times and just keep getting a run around. They even sent me a bogus tracking number. This company is a big scam.
 11th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
Still waiting on my phone. They just tell me lies. Oh it will be here then not here. It will take 7 to 10 days. What are they shipping it from the mayflower. I dont know. So fed up going to see a lawyer.

Straight Talk Logo Straight Talk