logo

Bank Of Africa
Bennedict Joseph
2. (3 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
3. (6 mins ago)

scam on unlimited data

Straight Talk
Austin, Texas
Phone: 5129094583
I have just used less than 3 gb of data in 20 days of there unlimited plan and they stopped my data service for violation. When called they transfer to technical department which only has automated service and nobody to talk to. So i think it is a scam and would like people think twice before signing for it.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Apr, 2013 by   Belleville 0 Votes
I have a range with no matching refrigerator and I paid in advance for these appliances. The store "supervisor" told me they don't tag and hold appliances, when I said why didn't the salesman tell me this he replied they wouldn't know!
 30th of Apr, 2013 by   Earlraph +1 Votes
False advertisement, then? Telling you it's unlimited, but they will shut you off in the middle of your paid service. That's really frustrating, I say! I understand that it is more frustrating when you don't get the answers you seek, instead they treat you like they don't care for you as their customer. I used to have that same feeling towards them because of too many issues I had with them. However, when I found this email address in a forum; I tried sending an email to them, and I got a response immediately. My issues were addressed right away and were fixed real time. Try it yourself! The email address I'm telling you is ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Just explain to them exactly what you're complaining about.
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   God's Jewel 0 Votes
Hi, same story, just a different person. I called and demanded to speak with a manager or someone in authority after I too got the automated service that claimed I went over my allotted data service. The "manager" (who by the way did seem to have a sense of what she was talking about) stated that their 'unlimited data' plan changed in March of 2013. You only have 2.5 gigabytes of data each month and when you go over them, they suspend your data plan. She actually said "you've abused your data service, so you are suspended until your new cycle date". I was shocked, firstly to be called an abuser, secondly because I had no knowledge of the limitation on the data service plan when they clearly are still selling the product as "unlimited"...it is not!
I did report it to BBB (Better Business Bureau).
I asked if they notified their customers that the plan had changed and she said "no, we don't have to." How lovely?
I checked around and found that most 'unlimited' data plans...are NOT unlimited.
This is such a rip off to consumers
Bend over and insert.