logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Dealer Warranty LLC
Not honoring the extended warranty
2. (7 mins ago)

Straight Talk

Posted:    tj11

Terrible service

Straight Talk
Straight Talk's service never was that great to start with, but there has been a marked decline in quality in the last couple of months. Calls are now being dropped so often, and the voice quality is so bad, that my husband and myself have been forced to switch to a different provider. The pricing of Straight Talk's plans were great, but the service itself is about as useful as going outside and picking up a rock to talk on.

Our new provider sent a request at the end of last week to have our Straight Talk phone numbers ported over. We received messages immediately from our new provider saying that Straight Talk was blocking the port of the number from their end. We were instructed to wait up to 48 hours to allow the port process to go through.

We are now at the 72 hour mark, and nothing has happened. We have spoken with reps from both companies. Our new provider can not do anything until Straight Talk releases the numbers. Straight Talk refuses to help, and gave me a line about creating a "ticket" for the issue when I called. We had to deal with their "tickets" and "cases" when we first got Straight Talk, and it's just a nightmare. The Straight Talk rep just told me that our new provider has not contacted them about any port, and that I needed to just "wait and see" what happens in the next 48 hours.

It looks like the porting process, which should have taken between a few hours to a day, is going to take close to a week, if it ever happens at all. If my husband and I had known how difficult this would be, we would have just switched phone numbers instead of trying to keep our old ones. It would have been easier and faster to update all of our family and business contacts with new phone numbers than deal with this mess.

Stay as far away from this company as you can. I wish we had.
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2013 by   sue47 0 Votes
straight talk went from a great service to the worst service in the business. we invested in three phones and every month, every phone goes out at different months, so i'm on the phone for hours with one phone or the other. they dropped extra cards i have added to phones, never get it fixed and as so frustating, i feel like throwing the phones through the window. this cannot be legal with all the people complaining about the same thing. hope they go out of business.
 2nd of Jun, 2013 by   Earlraph 0 Votes
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the company. Straight Talk Wireless is also my service provider, though I get some issues encountered with them at times but they resolved it in a timely manner. Here, try sending them an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and they will have a quick response to your case.

Voter Fraud