logo

Straight Talk Complaints & Reviews - Customer "service" and website is bad

Straight Talk Contacts & Informations

Straight Talk

Posted:    niecy65

Customer "service" and website is bad

Well, mom always said if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
I really like the messenger phone, but thought that $100 was a bit much for out of pocket, but hoped the monthly savings would make up for it. It is a horrible experience to call customer service. Hard to get someone who speaks English fluently, and I can recite their script by memory (you'll memorize it too if you call more than twice; which you will!) Website offers a way to "personalize your phone with ringtones and graphics", but website says "under construction" and can not "authorize your account"? When I (finally) got through to an agent, I was told this was a national problem and to be patient. I had to go through 10 minutes of "checking my account" and the rep did not know of this "national problem" from the beginning??? Now, the phone works well for the most part, and I was one of the lucky ones that got my number ported and usable in one day, but I have had an instance where I went from "25 hours" of talk time to "'0" minutes ! If you need to call on a weekend, you won't get anyone unless you press the key for wanting to buy more minutes (of course). Overall, because I paid so much for the phone, I'll stick it out. The only good thing, really, about Straight Talk is that the competition is finally making the big guys bring down their prices...and that means in the future, you better believe I'm hopping back to Verizon. I'm hoping I can stick it out for a year. Wouldn't you know, the big three started lowering their prices right after I bought my phone! Crossing my fingers till then, but please! Until Straight Talk gets it "straight", stay with a reputable company that actually cares about giving quality customer service!
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2010 by   niecy65 0 Votes
I wanted to update my comment left above..I meant that if you call their customer service on a weekend, you would encounter problems. To use it to make regular phone calls is ok
(unless of course, one is told again that your minutes magically vanished!)
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   lesterbronze +1 Votes
Interesting to read this negative review of Straight Talk. I bought the Samsung Finesse on the unlimited plan from Wallmart. This phone was reasonably pricey, but this price will be offset in 2 months by the savings this deal will bring me. I am super happy with the phone. It has a great touch screen and is amazing for web browsing. Enough on this great little handset. The coverage on this phone is way better than on my At&t. All in all, I would say that my experience has been amazing and it great to know that I'm not getting hugely ripped off anymore.

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups