logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (22 mins ago)
ABS-CBN
primetime niyo ang boys over flowers
4. (33 mins ago)

Straight Talk

Posted:    Joyosb

No service for 2 weeks

Straight Talk
I purchased a Straight Talk phone at Walmart on Nov. 1st. Activated it on that day and had no trouble with it for a month. I decided that I would switch to an auto bill pay plan for the following month and signed up for it online on Dec. 1st. However, my pone did not reactivate. I called repeatedly to try to get the phone working and followed all of the instructions to reset the phone, but to no avail. They kept telling me to wait 2 hours, then 24 hours.

After 4 days of trying (and waiting), it still wasn't working and I had to leave town on a 10-day trip. They said that if I would wait another 24 hours, it would be fixed...but when it wasn't, and I was on the road, then I was really screwed because when I called from the city that I was in, apparently, they couldn't detect my phone fom there and they said that I would have to wait until I got back to my home area code (I didn't quite understand that one because they were selling Straight Talk phones in the Walmart in that town, so they must have had service from some kind of towers there!)

Finally, upon returning home (on Dec. 16th) I contacted them again and told them that I wanted to get my phone working while I was on the phone with them THAT DAY or else I wanted my money back for the phone and the minutes. After about an hour on the phone, the gal DID get my phone working again. I guess she had to enter all of the information again and she said that perhaps something had been left off before.(I don't quite understand that since I DID have one month of good service). Anyway, I said that I still wasn't completely happy because I had paid for a full month of service and didn't have any for 15 days! I wanted to have those 15 days added back onto my service... so she said that she would make the expiration date for Jan 15th instead of Dec. 31st...I thought that would be the least they could do. But then on Dec. 31st, my credit card was billed for another $30! Apparently, she lied and the date WASN'T reset! Because when I called on Jan 1st to complain, the representative said that they aren't able to reset the service dates from their computers. I wold have to call the executive offices and they would handle the problem. Today (Jan 5th) I called them and lo and behold, they won't DO ANYTHING. She spoke to her supervisor but wouldn't let me talk to him or give me the name of a corporate representative who I could speak to about this. I am totally frustrated and want to tell everyone that I can about how poor their customer service is.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Dec, 2010 by   susan o'dwyer 0 Votes
This company has extremely poor customer service...DO NOT USE THIS AS YOUR PHONE SERVICE>>>>YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR>>>>NOTHING!

Tips How to Save Money on Gasoline