logo

Posted:    FarmerGal

Phone service

Straight Talk
Buffalo, New York
I purchase a phone and phone card from Walmart for my 13 yr old son for Christmas. This was to be his first phone and thought it would be a good idea to start him out on a pre-paid plan. However its been a mess since Christmas morning. FIrst off I was able to get it activated however the system gave me a LONG DISTANCE phone number for his phone (the phone number given was for the next county over which is long distance from my phones and everyone we know.)
I called customer service, spent 2 hours on the phone with which has to be one of the rudest people I have ever met, she told me that the area code for the phone was my area code (like I don't know where I live) and that if I wanted it changed I could go purchase another card...then a few minutes later she stated that there were no phone numbers left for my area code..wow. I asked to talk to her superviser and she said he was busy. I ended the phone call saying I would call back and speak to someone else.
I called a 2nd time, talked to a nice guy who said that he would put a order in and for me to get back within 48 hours.
I did just that and got another bozo like the first lady telling me just about the same thing she did. I flipped and asked to talk to a superviser who was miraculously "busy" at the time and unable to come to her phone. After more persuasion I was able to access a corporate number.
Called corporate phone number and talked to a woman who has been working on getting me a local phone number for my son. She contacts me at least 2 times a day about the matter. We have tried several times to re- activate the phone but the old number still shows up. This has been going on 1 week and now my son still hasn't used his phone...Very frustrating..and very unacceptable. I do have to say the lady at corporate is very helpful and nice...however how long can this go on.
If I would of seen the complaints before purchasing...my decision would of been different.
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2010 by   FarmerGal 0 Votes
Just an added note. Its been 2 days since the mess of getting my sons phone finally activated with a local phone number. Just to find that today it has been deactivated. I am livid. Called Walmart where I purchased everything from they told me that they would reimburse me for the phone but couldn't give me my money back for the pre-paid card. I called the service line with straight talk and got no where (surprised?) and corporate is not open for me to talk with them. Funny thing is...the corporate line offered for me to leave a message...however when I tried it told me that the mailbox was full! HA.
I am calling the local news station for help with this and will be placing other phone calls to anyone else I can think of. This company is ridiculous...to say the least. My son has had his phone for 8 days and used it 2 times...unacceptable!
Stear clear of this company.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Xavier Wolf 0 Votes
Can you please provide me with the corporate number? I have had nothing but problems with them as well, and would LOVE to give them a piece of my mind. I am already contacting the BBB as well. Please e-mail me with the number, djn.1981@gmail.com Thank you
 3rd of May, 2010 by   ide979 0 Votes
i agree straight talk service is awful and something needs to be done it not fair that consumer spend their had earned money to purchase affordable phone service during these financially trying times, starting to think this is just some type of make money off the stupid consumer ploy and if anyone has the corporate number to straight talk it would be very apreciated if i could recieve it in an email at( isledwr@yahoo.com)
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   johnniej 0 Votes
I PURCHASED A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. ON THE NEXT MONTH OF SERVICE I PURCHASED A NEW 30 DAY PLAN 5 DAYS EARLY TO KEEP FROM HAVING MY SERVICE INTERUPTED. STRAIGHT TALK STOLE MY REMAINING DAYS I HAD LEFT. I CONTACTED THEM THROUGH MY HOME PHONE BUT THEY JUST TOLD ME THAT THEY DO NOT ROLLOVER MINUTES WHICH WAS NOT EVEN THE ISSUE. I HAD OVER 12 HOURS LEFT ON THAT MONTH BUT ALL I WANTED WAS THE 30 DAYS I PAID FOR.
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   highlandville, mo 0 Votes
same thing happen to me. But it is such a good deal although it is wrong I guess I will live with the long distance # for the time being. I have had them change it ever month and they have got every town around us but still not the correct #. I will keep trying every month til they get it right. Do not let them add minutes till they give you the new # or you will likly lose them
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   Mary_J 0 Votes
I live in Birmingham, AL and was given a Raleigh, NC number TWICE. They claim this is the assigned number for my local area. I wonder why they can't provide me with a 205 area code when Google Voice can give me a 205 number for absolutely free. Thank goodness for Google Voice. That's the phone number I give to people. Whenever they decide to change my number again, I can just change the forwarding number in Google Voice. Sad that I have to use a 3rd party to make their product work for me.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   africanq77 0 Votes
I HAD TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BEREAU.YALL SHOULD DO THE SAME.TRACFONE WIRELESS IS WITH THEM TOO.

Nigerian Internet Scammers Disclosure (Part 2)

Latest Groups