logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nike
Shoes smell like cat urine
2. (4 mins ago)

Stonedine

Posted: 2011-08-26 by    Deb Nyberg

Poor Quality/Craftsmanship

StoneDine.Com
I purchased the StoneDine cookware. At first I was extremely satisfied. However, in using the cookware in my everyday cooking, I began noticing that the coating inside the cookware started to fade off. I used plastic or wooden utitensils in order to have them last as long as possible. I began noticing that the cooking was not evenly distributed and most of the heat on the bottom of the cookware (the stainless steel area) began to turn black and the outside of the pans began to retain grease and burn into the sides. I found myself having to scrub the bottom of the pans and sides vigorously and still could not keep them new in appearance. Another thing I started noticing was that my cooktop on my stove began having a film cooked into the glass top that would not come off...hence ruining my glass cookstove top! I returned all the pots and pans (I paid the expensive postage) and StoneDine sent me another complete set. After about 3 months the same thing started happening. I wrote the StoneDine.Com rep and she said she had to forward my emails to "corporate" singe this had been my second contact with them. I have since sent 3 more emails with no one responding. I will never purchase this product again, nor would I suggest anyone purchase it.

Stonedine

Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jun, 2012 by   CuriousCat05 0 Votes
Thank you for this info! Very helpful :-)
 20th of Jun, 2012 by   POGOSTICK 0 Votes
Thanks to all. I tried to order but they took my number to call me back. Thought I would check out reviews while I was waiting. Thank God i did! Dont these morning shows worry about what product they are endorsing? If I was the producer and had morals I certainly wood.

Anyway, waiting for the call back and when I get it a big NO THANKS will be conveyed.
Cheers to all.
ps. jusyt had my bacon and eggs fron my "no frills" $8.00 frypan. A little 99% fat free spay and natural bacon fat and I had no sticking! Its the spray I worry about!
 6th of Jul, 2012 by   Kiwi in Oz 0 Votes
Another one here waiting for a call back, actually I ignored it whilst reading the above reviews/comments. I have known of stonline for a while and had heard good things but watched the stone-dime infomercial and doing some googling apparently they are the same products marketed by different companies. I rang to find out the price because the don't tell you and to find out more about the 12year guarantee. To find out their customer service has been so poor, and the product is not as they marketed, I havve to say I'm out.
I was hoping the high price meant true quality and value but now I'm doubtful so I'll keep my money and keep looking
James
Australia
 6th of Jul, 2012 by   zayzahz 0 Votes
thank you all for these reviews... I was also 'that close' :-) to ordering...certainly will not be doing so now...good luck to all those waiting for refunds and callbacks... seems like Customer Service 'sucks' globally :-) Liz
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   John spartan +1 Votes
What I find so funny about all these so called amazing products on infomercials is that if they were so good, why are they limited to being purchased on infomercials only. Surely if you had a product that outdoes the competition, you would distribute it to as many retailers as possible. Infomercials are just proof that although the product looks promising, you are actually being deceived.
 26th of Jul, 2012 by   zerepna 0 Votes
I tried to register the warranty on line but can't find the site where to sign. Customer service on phone very bad. Can't talk to a person only machine then hung up without hearing the message I would like them to hear.
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   Maggie3187 0 Votes
Thanks to all for their very helpful info I was really impressed with the commercial on the. Morning show and was about to purchase! Thank for saving me the moey and the angst. Will stick to my cookware for now.
 13th of Aug, 2012 by   ryanc1981 0 Votes
Wow! I wish I read this board before I fell for the crap on the commercial... The handles on the pans are screwed on and come loose weekly...yes, keep a screwdriver handy because you'll be tightning the handles every week. I too returned pans and had others sent in replacement.. only to just go through the same ordeal...! Pretty sure the handles are supposed to be heat proof too, my sister put one of the pans in the oven and nearly killed herself with the fumes. Now Ill be trying to get a refund but by the looks of the statements above, Ill be waiting for a long time. DO NOT BUY and shame of breakfast shows for allowing such crap to be sold on thier shows!!
 20th of Aug, 2012 by   Shawki 0 Votes
I just opened the site to check the details to order the set for my wife, thanks people for the advice, I am not buying . The TV show and the channel should be ashamed, we will not buy anything from that show again . Well done people .
 22nd of Aug, 2012 by   kuhu 0 Votes
Thanks for the information...very valuable.
 22nd of Aug, 2012 by   kuhu 0 Votes
Thanks for the information...saved me from the cons
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   cooper harris 0 Votes
thanks so much for all reviews on stonedine I am a senior pensioner and thught it would be a good investment for me BUT after reading your reviews I have definately changed my mind. I also agree that not advertising the price is a BIG NO NO seems there is no real no-stick ware around..
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   Shamor 0 Votes
Thank you for this information. I almost fell for the spin again after once before being 'stung' by a 'wonder' vaccum cleaner (and two for the price of one special) advertised once before, and then again another (two for one) wonder iron. The vaccum cleaners were nothing near what they advertised, (ended up throwing them both away) and the irons were also a total rip off. They didn't work, the cord was less than a metre long, there was no information with them and couldn't find any information online either. Got taken in with the 30 day trial or money back. Well, for one, there was a hold up with delivery, then the 30 day trial was only from the order date so by the time I got it, I couldn't send it back. And of course, they take your money immediately. There is nowhere you can really complain to. If/when you finally get through to a contact number, you find it is a call centre only who inform you that you are past your 30 day trial and, there is nothing they can do to help. I was fortunate enough to talk to one lovely girl there, that told me she was disgusted and was about to quit the job. After reading this review, I have no doubt that it's true and, I would never risk ordering trom TV commercials again. You do think that the adds must be reputable because they are endorsed by the TV stations but, obviously these TV stations will take money from anyone. If you think about it, like one other person stated, if the product is so good, why wouldn't they want to 'put it out there' with as many retailers as possible? I wish there was some way to make all consumers aware of these dishonest practices because it's not always possible for everyone to find these reviews.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   Jenandjoe 0 Votes
Thank you to all that have posted. We were going to buy but now after reading these posts about surface peeling, made in china, and bad customer service...no thank you!
 3rd of Sep, 2012 by   BroncoLady 0 Votes
If you are looking for a good set of pots and pans that last I highly recommend Revere-Ware. It is guaranteed for 25 years. I got my set for my 21st birthday and am going to turn 48 in a month. They still look like they did when I first took them out of the box. I use them on a daily basis. I was looking for a non-stick pan that is why I was looking at this site. I guess I will stick with using a little non-stick spray. :-)
 12th of Sep, 2012 by   Damo72 0 Votes
I recently bought the FlavorStone Pans from my local Danoz Directions store and I am extremely impressed with the quality of the pans. They appear to be exactly the same pans using the same type of non stick coating. The only difference is that my pans are blue not grey...It looks like the pans come out of the same factory and I only paid 1 third of the cost! When I rang up to order the stoneline they wanted $470 for the 5 piece set (3 pans 2 lids) I nearly choked! I got the 24cm 4 piece FlavorStone set (3 pans 1 lid) FlavorStone set for $149.95.

I have been using them now for 6 months and they are the best pans I have ever used and I saved $300!
 17th of Sep, 2012 by   Nickiee -1 Votes
Thanks to all.. Yet another 'so close to ordering'. I've actually called twice but both times chickened out because I didn't like the idea of having to give my name and number for a call back (why not have the people who can do the order answer the phone??). In any case it turned out really good that they don't do the order on the spot, otherwise I would have bought!!
 11th of Nov, 2012 by   allyp2b +1 Votes
StoneDine is THE best cookware I have ever used! I LOVE it! It is unfortunate that a few have had a poor experience and ruin a chance at a GREAT product for others without the option of reminding other consumers that this was your personal experience and not all results will be the same. Such as with my experience: I have had nothing but FANTASTIC results with this cookware and every time I am sent an email from StoneDine with an offer for an additional product, I take them up on the offer immediately!!!
 28th of Nov, 2012 by   dmat54 -1 Votes
BEWARE!!BEWARE!! PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
Like many others I’m a day late and a dollar short. Welcome to CLUB GR
OA (got ripped off again). My complaint has a little of everything except the “ONE” person who has a favorable experience. To save time let me give you my complaints.
1)called cust svc nr, they gave me a different nr, called that nr and pressed 1, they said I had to call back and press 4, pressed 4 and only got returns so I had to call back and press 5 and then the rep was rude and said he was a supervisor. 2) first the rep said he knew nothing about a $314 charge then denied it. They also charged me $8 for a pay that should be free. After arguing with him I forwarded this email that I received.
dmat54 - I don't understand why my cc has a hold of $314 and I don't understand what the $8 every month is for. If I have to have that amount on hold on my card then I would like to cancel my order before it ships. This is my second email. Nov 26 (2days ago)
StoneDine Cookware bdullc@mfals.com
Nov 27 (1 day ago) Reply
to me
The amount of 314.00 should be dropped by today, that amount is a preauthorization. The 8.00 every month is for the xl pot. Every month you will be charged 29.97 for the 8pc and 8.00 for the pot.
dmat54 - total 0f 29.97 or 37.97
after forwarding the email, he said they made a mistake. After arguing I had to wait for the order to come, return it, then request a credit and by the way the free pan was not free and nowhere on website did it say anything about another $80 for the 11 in pan, and I would have to pay s&h. I requested him to forward this email to corp. And by the way, any charges for the overdraft was my problem. To make a long story shorter, don’t do business with a company like this. Think of all the Seniors and people who don’t use internet who had a bad experience. PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
 8th of Dec, 2012 by   Happy Cook 0 Votes
I to was planning to buy stonedine, But will stick with my cast iron. Thanks for writing your reviews

Driving Cross Country for Free