logo

4. (1 hr 26 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
5. (1 hr 28 mins ago)
Garcina Cambogia & Digestit (Colon Cleanse')
Unorauthorised Deduction from my Visa Account

StoneDine

Posted: 2011-08-26 by    Deb Nyberg

Poor Quality/Craftsmanship

StoneDine.Com
I purchased the StoneDine cookware. At first I was extremely satisfied. However, in using the cookware in my everyday cooking, I began noticing that the coating inside the cookware started to fade off. I used plastic or wooden utitensils in order to have them last as long as possible. I began noticing that the cooking was not evenly distributed and most of the heat on the bottom of the cookware (the stainless steel area) began to turn black and the outside of the pans began to retain grease and burn into the sides. I found myself having to scrub the bottom of the pans and sides vigorously and still could not keep them new in appearance. Another thing I started noticing was that my cooktop on my stove began having a film cooked into the glass top that would not come off...hence ruining my glass cookstove top! I returned all the pots and pans (I paid the expensive postage) and StoneDine sent me another complete set. After about 3 months the same thing started happening. I wrote the StoneDine.Com rep and she said she had to forward my emails to "corporate" singe this had been my second contact with them. I have since sent 3 more emails with no one responding. I will never purchase this product again, nor would I suggest anyone purchase it.

StoneDine

Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Dec, 2011 by   BigBooyaw -1 Votes
Thanks for the honest update on the cookware. It stopped me from buying it. I knew the pans had to be coated with something. And, by your experience, it is coated with a bad product and no one should have to scrub to get a "non-stick" surface clean. I hope many more people read your review.
 17th of Dec, 2011 by   BunniesLair 0 Votes
I would like to add that the infomercial gives you the impression the pans are made in Germany.. they are not. They are made in China.
The pans also, must be 'seasoned' before use, and they are not supposed to be used in High heat. I dont know about most people, but I typically start on high and then lower the temp, but these pans are not supposed to get high heat at all.
 24th of Dec, 2011 by   shebas_in -1 Votes
Thanks Deb,
I am glad that you posted information on your experience with this cookware. I too was ready to purchase a set of Stonedine, but decided to look for reviews from others first.

Thanks,
Hou, TX
 2nd of Jan, 2012 by   D. Todd 0 Votes
We saw these reviews too late so we cancelled our order an house after we had already bought it.. We got a cancellation number and we thought we were done. Two days ago, they took out $57.72 out of out account and it has a notation of "1 of 10"! We're calling now to get this money returned and the thing cancelled again!

D. Todd
 2nd of Jan, 2012 by   D. Todd 0 Votes
An hour after...sorry
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   drillersmum 0 Votes
I am so so pleased that I checked out Stonedine. Here in Australia we are being inundated with TV commercials about it and it looked 'oh so good'. What got me puzzled was the words "simulated" when the TV ad was showing the 'rough' treatment being given to the Stonedine pan.
And another clue that made me suspect their honesty was that they never advertised the price of the saucepans, just one pan in particular which they said they'd give away 'free' with your order. You had to phone them to find out what they cost. What made me smile was that straight after they demonstrated these 'wonderful' pans, there was a cooking segment where the pans being used were quite tarnished. I thought "IF those Stonedine pans are so marvellous why aren't we seeing them being used in those cooking segments? It pays to be very very careful. Top marks to complaintsboard.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   Brianr9424 0 Votes
we ordered the set and seen the charge in our online banking a couple days later poof it was gone from our banking so we called them they fixed the problem and got a new order on there way today we see two separate charges both for full price yep we got double charged so we called them and talked to Emanuel he said dispute it or send em back well we only got one set and paid twice at the same time they caused a overdraft protection charge also i think they should pay that back too... i just wish i looked a t the reviews first DONT BUY EM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO BAD.
 25th of Feb, 2012 by   BLPoole 0 Votes
Thank you Deb. You saved us from purchasing this product. I knew something was up after watching their commercial. Thank you to drillersmum for your advice as well.
I feel very bad for brian9424 as well. It sounds like the company employs a bunch of jerks on top of all that. I'm so happy that I found "Complaints Board" Good job everyone. We need to get the word out to everyone! Thanks again
Don't buy from China, buy USA if possible. Bob Poole
 27th of Feb, 2012 by   CampChief +1 Votes
I only use cast iron...to the lady turning the heat up high first then lowering the needs a cooking lession ...always start low let the pan cone up to temp... With cast iron I always cook on medium low heat. Since cooking with evoo its burn rate is less than 225
In conclusion use cast iron it'll out last you if you take care of it and its cheaper and cooks better than non-stick stainless steel
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   rob____1 +2 Votes
The best way to clean that stove top is with a decent cleaner and a razor blade. Be careful obviously. You basically "shave" the stove top clean.
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   aaronsaxton 0 Votes
There is a very good reason you will not find a serious chief using this equipment - it doesn't work.

What the original poster stated is all true, and the company's customer service is absolutely terrible. Buy at your own risk.
 20th of Mar, 2012 by   a-rip-off-company 0 Votes
We purchased the cookware about 9 months ago. The non-stick skillet stuck on eggs and/or bacon. I never used a scrubber but the finish started to flake off. I contacted Stonedine and followed the instructions for returning the pan for a "guarante replacement". That is a joke. After spending the postage to mail it back, it has been 4 months and nothing. We have e-mailed and called only to be either ignored via e-mail or put on hold for customer service then "accidently" disconnected repeatedly. Do not waste your money. They have no customer service and obviously do not stand by their claim.
 27th of Mar, 2012 by   Thanksalot -1 Votes
Thanks for the information on this cookware. I was about to purchase Stonedine, but changed my mind after reading your complaint along with all the other comments. To many of these companies which inundate us with TV Informercials seem to be rip offs.
 30th of Mar, 2012 by   baylins 0 Votes
G'day thanks for your post & very interesting reading all the comments. I'm looking for a decent frypan & a decent Wok. Are there any brands on the market that are superior in performance & don't require huge amounts of advertising spin. Every brand I look at seems to be all false claims.?
 2nd of May, 2012 by   Tess45 0 Votes
Thanks to all that I have read I am not in love with the idea of this cookware anymore...My partner bought an expensive frypan from Myers and 3 years on it is still doing a great job so my suggestion is look around, research online the different brands and look for the specials on the really great cookware as it is worth it...This was an ANOLON pan...The heat is always the trick but you want to be able to withstand high heats when cooking a decent steak and cast iron is the best but never do marinaded chicken in a pan...the oven is best...
 4th of May, 2012 by   Sandra Hogan 0 Votes
Thank you for this information we too were about to order and are just waiting for a call back with the intention of ordering and I decided to check this website and found this information so I now will not be going ahead even though I thought they would be a very healthy way to cook. I have a Scanpan roasting pan and love it as I can use it in the oven or on my glass top cooktop when cooking something I need more than just a frypan. Thanks again I will save my money and stick to Scanpan.
 5th of May, 2012 by   Paul48 0 Votes
Just another echo of relief. We saw the adds, found this site, and are happy to keep the money in the bank. In fairness though, and with no disrespect to the original two submissions, there does seem to be a lack of significant negative additional contributions about the product, at least from a statistical perspective. Regardless, I will err on the side of caution and go with "Tess45" and "Sandra Hogan", checkout the reviews and wait for specials sale. The old addage rings in my ears, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!". Thanks to all.
 1st of Jun, 2012 by   bluedog55 0 Votes
Baylins
check out swiss diamond
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   19shell80 0 Votes
Love these forums!
I love kitchen stuff and always love the idea that there's something better, obviously not in customer service or pots. But for those looking - in aus. I use Dine rite, they sell door to door and over the phone often found at home expo/ shows . They have pretty good customer service and lifetime warranty. 5 ply surgical steel stove to oven with unique whistling lids and minimal to no oil for all cooking. Definately expensive but I've had them since 2004 I have some other friends who love them to.
 8th of Jun, 2012 by   zacara -1 Votes
Thanks for your reviews. I was so impressed with the TV commercials I was about to order. A lucky save thank you. I think I will stick with my cast iron frypans that I have been using for over twenty years. I have never had any success with non stick pans. After about a year at tops they all seem to break done.

Twitter Hack