logo

Posted:    Matt Baker

Insurance Fraud

Stoebridge Insurance
Texas
Received a flyer from JC Penney to enter a shopping spree, called the 8OO number and was offered a chance to listen to a sales pitch for life insurance from Stonebridge Insurance. I was transferred to Stonebridge and was told about the product. They would enroll me for 60 days free of charge, mail the policy for me to look over, and I could cancel within the 60 days if I didn't want the insurance. I declined the offer and asked if they could send me the information without enrolling me. They said that was the only way the product was offered and I again said I did not want to be enrolled but I would look over the information and make an informed decision from there. I was told the only way to see it was to enroll for 60 days and then the telemarketer hung up on me. I then called the customer service number for Stonebridge, talked to Steve in Dallas, TX who told me they don't have any information on me at this time because it may not have arrived yet. I do not know if I am enrolled or not, I do not know if in 60 days charges will start to be billed to me.
Essentially, I was enrolled in their life insurance product with the responsibility put on me to cancel it or be charged for it. I gave some personal information which I understand is covered by HIPPA laws. Both JC Penny and Stonebridge should be at contacted as our state attorney general is our next step.
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008 by   Melissa Lemmons -2 Votes
At Stonebridge Life Insurance Company nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, and phone number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail at 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Jane Cartwright +1 Votes
Stonebridge GAP insurance (and the company in general) is absolutely the worst insurance company I have EVER dealt with. They were supposed to settle my GAP claim months ago. However, they chose to illegally and purposefully delay the claim. As a result I currently owe over $300 in interest to my bank. And the claim STILL isn't settled.

In any event, I will now be calling a lawyer. I know that you can claim emotional and physical distress--and believe me, that is what Stonebridge has caused me.

Stonebridge is basically a criminal operation. Thanks for nothing.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   johndoe +1 Votes
Stonebridge sells ccmv ad policies to people who do not need any such coverage, they are so stressed on trying to sell new policies they have forgotten to take care of the existing ones. A normal AD policy for an additional $2-4 would suffice the client better.
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   MargaretAnne +2 Votes
Stonebridge Life sold my stepfather an insurance policy on his life. Little did he know as he paid the bills all those years that it was an ACCIDENTAL life insurance policy. He was over 90 years old when he died and still paying! He was told and then shared in writing that it would "take care of" his wife for several years after his death.

Stonebridge needs to be investigated. Unfortunately, since he died in May, we can't prove fraud. Cancel this company's policy. How can we warn others about them?
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   calvin woodell 0 Votes
we have a policy with stonebridge have been paying for years now i am worried if the dam thing will pay off on death you cant complain when you are in a hole.
 7th of Aug, 2010 by   CharlesDeWitt +1 Votes
Stonebridge life insurance company is the worst provider and truly do epitomize corporate greed. The representatives who handle the claims are highly insensitive and even worse incompetent. This company will do everything possible to avoid paying claims despite a black and white obligation. AVOID THESE DEGENERATES AT ALL COSTS!
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   Richard.AM 0 Votes
Stonebridge is operated by the same hoodlums that operate Savings 2 Go; a mail order racket that promises valuable savings on shopping, movie tickets and purchasing gift cards . I actually just put 2 and 2 together when I saw both websites and identical contact information on rebuttals from so called scustrel.
See quotes below:
"At Savings2Go nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075."

"At Stonebridge Life Insurance Company nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075."
We need to nail these bastards now. COntact me at rickyshwarz@yahoo.com to form a class action lawsuit group
 3rd of Sep, 2013 by   RobertS. 0 Votes
Stonebridge Life Insurance took money unauthorized from my 83 year old mother's checking account and have created numerous overdraft fees. They have refuse to return any of the money. DO NOT give these thief's your checking account number for any reason.
 29th of Dec, 2013 by   Barbara OBrien +1 Votes
My husband died in 2010, when I tried to put in a claim I was told he was not covered, only accidental was covered, but thats not what they tell you when you buy it ! Ok it is now 2013 dec.29 just got a letter telling me my policy has lapsed and need to get coverage, REALLY! You guys suck!
Barbara OBrien
 16th of Jan, 2014 by   kathyjlng 0 Votes
First they took the money out of my bank on the 15th, it wasn't due to come out until the 23rd. I immediately cancelled with them. Then I am told it will take up until my next policy pay date of 2/23/14 to get my money back. I told them that was BS. I know you can reverse funds on a debit card immediaely and the money will be back in the bank the next day. I have read on-line where some people have cancelled and the company still took the premiums out. I am not going to play games with these people . I am contacting the attoney general's office and everyone else I can find who will listen. Over a month to refund my money! What kind of crap is that? Take your complaints to people who can do something about these fly by night companies.

Cash 4 Gold Scam