logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Kmart
Leaving personal bag/purse at register
2. (2 mins ago)
Grand Travel Worldwide
Scammers
3. (3 mins ago)
Typical Dutch Stuff
Cheat money through the Typical dutch stuff
4. (4 mins ago)

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc. Complaints & Reviews - Unbelievable

Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc.

Posted:    Valerie

Unbelievable

Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc.
Phone: 888-527-2589
stonebridgebenefit.com
I have repeatedly tried to cancel my leisure plus service that's charged $7.95 per month on my credit card for nearly the last 10 years (that's almost $1000!) I've never used the service, because either they didn't have good travel deals, or the deals weren't applicable to me. I tried in the last few years to cancel services, but without the right phone number, they would not allow me to cancel, saying they could not find the account. I'm not sure why your name and credit card number was not sufficient. The only way I was able to remember the phone number from 10 years ago was I remembered I had created an account online that had my profile information. I was able to access this site (www.leisureplusmembers.com) and obtain my profile telephone number.

When speaking to a service representative over the phone, they could not cancel the service without the phone number. When I asked to speak with the manager, they said 'we don't do it like that.' I'm not sure what that meant, but I was never able to speak with a supervisor for that representative (JoAnn, and later Hanai).

When I finally found my phone number online, and spoke with the 2nd representative, she insisted I keep the service. I firmly declined, and yet after she confirmed the service would be canceled, she tried to sell me disability insurance in the same sentence. Unbelievable.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008 by   Consumer Affairs -1 Votes
At LeisurePlus nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number, or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail at 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   JulaBean 0 Votes
you should cancel your bank account and create a new one. I had to because of them. its all apart of AIG FRAUD
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   LuzSmiles 0 Votes
I've just had the same issue! Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc. signed me up for services I didn't authorize! I too had to cancel my credit card number and file a fraud complaint with my credit card company. I'm glad I didn't put it on my checking account, then I'd have to cancel my checking account, which I've had for 25 years!
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Ren in PA 0 Votes
I too am having problems with Stonebridge. They are the ones that I have been paying a monthly fee to, which is charged on my credit card account each month, ever since I opened my account in 2004. (payment protection coverage, which is supposed to take care of paying payments for you when you are off work due to medical reasons and other reasons). I have a number through my credit card account that I have been calling to try to talk with someone concerning my complaints. Ends up it is one of their branch offices in Kansas. I have spoken to many people there during the last couple months. They all told me that they cannot give me the name or phone number of someone at the corporate office that would listen to or handle my complaints. I find that hard to believe.??? They said all I can do is send a letter to the corporate office address. I have been dealing with this matter since January, which is how long I have been off work due to "major" total hip replacement surgery. While I am supposed to be resting, recovering and taking therapy all along, I have spent countless hours on the phone, through lots of "hell", headaches and frustrations, trying to get them to make a payment to my credit card account, which is what I have been paying them for, on a monthly basis, for the last 5 1/2 yrs. It's a shame that I have paid all this money (approx. $1600.00) for a service to be offered by them, and I have had to do nothing but "fight" for my deserved benefit. They have finally sent a payment to my credit card company, just a couple weeks ago, after making my account late, in fear of suspension etc. which I have NEVER done!!! This all started in January and it's now April. I sent an envelope a couple weeks ago, full of ten pages of every phone call made and person's names that I have talked to all along, times, dates, etc. all that I have documented from day one. I was told by their branch office that I should get a phone call once it was received. I've gotten no call and no letter.
I am very, very frustrated!!!
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Monica Stigler 0 Votes
I had the same problem with Stoneridge Benefit Services. They were only suppose to take a dollar off of my husbands credit card and they took a lot more. I wonder if there is something that we can do about this to stop them from taking from people who really need what they have and then they take away from them. This is not fair at all. There should be some kind of legal actions taking against them. They gave me an ID number if I wanted to talk back directly to them. They always hang up the phone when you are asked to be transfered to that person. This is just ridiculous.
 21st of Jun, 2013 by   erwin corredor 0 Votes
last june 7 i got stuck in the rain and a punched . i did call 9 times, 8 agents ( spanish service )and none of those unable ones could take the normal procedures like finally, an american girl in JUST A PHONE CALL I WAS ATTENDED.

obviously everything is ok for them but it was a nightmare to call you ( SPANISH SERVICES )

5 Credit Score Myths