logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
2. (1 mins ago)
tyhermenlisahair
tyhermenlisahair
3. (16 mins ago)
Jdshoes Shopping
Seller didn’t communicate and no info about order
4. (17 mins ago)

4782 Muhlhauser Road
Fairfield, Ohio
Phone: 513-874-8777
americanfreight.us
We originally purchased a king size Orthopedic chiro KG mattress & box springs from American Frieght on April 4, 2009. Within 30 days we had to return the mattress set as the mattress was sinking in and becoming miss shapened in the areas where we slept. On May 5, 2009, we returned the above mattress that was under a 10 year warrenty. When we arrived to return the mattress, they had no problem taking the mattress back and we even upgraded to a Stewart & Hamilton Excelsior pillowtop mattress and box springs. Within 6 months of having this mattress we started having the same trouble. Unable to sleep on this mattress and now with winter over and having nice days to take the mattress back, we returned it today (March 31, 2010), and were told that it would not be returned due to stains on the mattress. Please note: These were very small wear stains, not even close to the size of a dime. We were told that the manufacturer would not take the mattress back because of these stains and voided their warrenty. When we purchased either mattress we were never given the manufacturer warrenty, and were never given this information. Funny thing though, they sold us the mattress with a stain on the side that was caused in shipping and it even states on our receipt that the stain would not void the warrenty. This stain is much bigger than any stain on our mattress!! So here we are with a bad mattress that American Freight won't even consider returning and we are now out $584.68. Please do not purchase a mattress from American Frieght, it will be nothing but a pain in your neck, back and wallet!! It is worth spending the extra money to go to a reputable mattress dealer!!!
Comments United States Mattresses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Apr, 2011 by   zivagirl 0 Votes
Bought a Stewat and Hamilton at American Freight - just about 3 years ago - same problem with sinking and coils coming up through the mattess. Bought couch and loveseat there also, one end of each has sunken in and you can feel the springs when you sit down - I WILL NEVER PURCHASE anything else from AMERICAN FREIGHT OR STEWART AND HAMILTON !!!
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   trisha_herrington 0 Votes
I bought a Stewart and Hamilton at American Freight i ave had it for less than a yr and i have coils comeing throught the matress and as of yesterday my box springs broke so i called them today and they said they only have warrantys on the matress not the box springs but i could purchase another one and they would give me 30.00 of regular price i thinks its crap and they WILL NEVER GET ANY OF MY MONEY AGAiN!!!
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   Lashay Hall 0 Votes
I only had my queen size (dream sleep) one year it is sinking in the middle I have to sleep across the bed I am not pleased with it. For the price people pay to supposedly to have a nice & good mattress. It not worth the money.
 9th of Nov, 2013 by   s.upersinglcasper 0 Votes
Carlton place mattress set...;. horrible with in the first 6 months of buying it it has me rolling down to the middle. no way to flip, horrible would no recommend to anyone or a dog. Would love to get a new one but not with your products...
 19th of Jan, 2014 by   Carly2at 0 Votes
I wish I could post a pic... Carlton (luxury mattress... what a joke) is becoming Mt. St. Helen's when I get up - there is actually a peak ^ - where I "try" to sleep when I get up in the morning - just noticed this recently - have probably slept on it less than a year. As another reviewer said... HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!! Been waking up in the morning - and both my hands are numb... Thats right! NUMB - been told my doc - this is a common problem if you have a mattress that sinks down with your core - and if you are a side sleeper like me - well... This is just criminal... Don't buy one of these unless you are under 22yrs old or so... It might work out - otherwise - I would love to have a bon-fire party with this one. !!! Looking for a new mattress now - Can't wait to get some good sleep!
 12th of Feb, 2014 by   Tyrone1246 0 Votes
I also purchase a Stewart and Hamilton mattress from American Freight. With in 2 months it started to signs of sinking in the middle. I flip the mattress over hoping that would solve the
problem. Well now after just having the mattress over 4 months the sink hole is even larger. An American Freight employee told me to take a picture of the sink hole using a broom and tape measure but the sink hole is bigger than broom which means it will not show the sink hole on the photo. The employee then say " then the sink hole is not there" as if I don't noticed it everyday as I make my bed. As I read other customers complaints I can contest to the Stewart & Hamilton mattress is a piece of junk. I just wish I would have visit this website before I made my purchase.
 8th of Mar, 2014 by   postman1wood 0 Votes
the worse mattress we have ever had sinking in the middle had this for 3 months stewart hamilton execlsior bought at american freight they sale junk i would not remend any one to buy ther
 2nd of Jul, 2014 by   SCARLETTO 0 Votes
i HAVE HAD MY STEWART AND HAMILTON MATTRESS SINCE 2004 PC 3000 I LOVE IT!!! STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW, BUT I DID WHAT THEY SAID AND I ROTATE MY MATTRESS EVERYTIME I CHANGE MY SHEETS. MY HUSBAND AND I WILL GET ANOTHER ONE IF THIS EVER WEARS OUT!!!
 13th of Nov, 2014 by   YashGad 0 Votes
I purchased a Stewart and Hamilton Royal Ultra Mattress/box spring and it is very faulty! The mattress is in my guest room. I am ashamed to have anyone sleep that nightmare!! With every move you make the bed makes awakening noises. Well, so much for a good night's rest and sleeping in luxury as it promises. Now, I am awaiting the manager to get with his boss that must get with his boss (...and you get the idea!...the run around) Save yourself the headache and DO NOT BUY A MATTRESS FROM AMERICAN FREIGHT!!!

Bank Cards Scams 2