logo

Fraud

Stead Law Firm
Phone: 888-664-5348
steadlawfirm.com
This is a fake web site used to scam you out of your money by telling you they can refinance your mortgage to 2%. They want you money upfront but be aware that real attorneys out of state cannot ask for money upfront unless they are from your own state by Federal Law. Sue Leonard (who has a criminal record...just google her) heads up this fraud with Megan Terby 949-783-5807, with attorney Adam Mercado 888-664-5348 ext 5809. We tried to contact Stead Law, by trying to call each of the attorneys from the 6 states it was supposed to be based out of with no replies. We googled each attorney but they had no association with Stead Law Firm and most the phone numbers where phony. We questioned them about the work they were doing and they sent us a letter from Pittsford federal Credit Union and one from Bank of America with names blacked out. They told us not to contact our lenders. We contacted them. Bank of America said out account had not even been looked at for two years as every time someone opened the account it would be time stamped. Megan said she spoke to both banks. They never heard of her or Stead Law. PFCU verified that the bank document was FRAUD and has contacted their attorney and the Attorney General. I am going ahead with fraud charges as we have physical documentation/evidence of felony fraud. Copies of documentation will be available for other prosecuting attorneys by request, by contacting chasinzinna@gmail.com.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2014 by   Kay Teachout 0 Votes
We received in the mail a refinancing envelope. We called the Stead Law phone and talked with Sue Leonard several times, gave her information for refinancing etc..when she suggested she needed 3500.00 first and we could just not make our house payment ( she suggest added to the end of the loan payment) we felt suspicious. I look her up on line and saw a similar complaint.
Thank god for the fraud complaint listings! We also noticed there was not an actual address on the envelope or pertinent information to locate the business.
 2nd of Feb, 2014 by   Gary Faves 0 Votes
I gave this rip off company 3500.00 to which Alex Noble promised me a full refund if they failed to get restructure, and when they failed Alex (Alexander) Noble stopped returning my calls. This after missing 2 months of paying my mortgage to pay them along w tons of paperwork! Then I find the owner Christopher Stead who is an attorney in Nevada and he jerked me around for months!! Had told me to call Adam Mercado (stead law firm in Irving Ca) which I did and he too is the biggest liar scammer who never returns a call ever!! I live in NJ and got trapped into this with promises and lies. I wish I could hire an attorney but can not afford to so I'm contacting the bar association in Nevada and the attorney a General of NJ this week. Scum companies like this should be closed down!!
 21st of Mar, 2014 by   Terrazzo 0 Votes
Gary,
I just connected from Alexandria Noble, I heard there were scammer companies doing this so I Goggled it first. This saved me some time. I hope they help you I find there is little help for the consumer. You may try the CFPB > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
www.consumerfinance.gov/‎