logo

Topix.com Commits fraud!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

StainSafe / Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan Complaints & Reviews - Worry-No-More and StainSafe are the same company!

StainSafe / Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan Contacts & Informations

StainSafe / Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan

Posted:    Crystal Taylor-Redman

Worry-No-More and StainSafe are the same company!

The Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan is the same company as StainSafe. They have the same telephone number: 1-800-916-6229.

I purchase a leather sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Macy's Department Store in September 2006. With this furniture I purchase a 7 year warranty with Worry-No-More to cover stains. In March 2007, I noticed a red ink mark on the leather sofa and tried the leather cleaning product to remove the stain. Unfortunately, the stain did not come off. I called Macy's Department Store and scheduled a time for a cleaning service to come to my house to clean the stain. I asked that the time not be in the morning but the afternoon and to call me on my cell phone to confirm my appointment . When I get my confirmation the call it is on my voice mail at home and the time is for the morning. I call Macy's to let them know the morning was not a good time and I would have to reschedule. In the meantime, I visit the Macy's Department store where I purchased the furniture and talk with the sales rep who sold me the furniture. I tell him everything about trying to get my sofa cleaned. He tries to help me by calling the Worry-no-More people. They tell him they cannot honor my warranty because I let the 10 days lapse before calling in my claim. This is not true. Then they say because I really did not know how the stain got on the sofa, that I was guessing how it happened, they could not clean it. They gave me a lot of bogus reasons for them to not honor the warranty. So I call Macy's again, and of course, they send me back to StainSafe. My outcome right now is I have written Macy's about this company and I still have my stain.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Apr, 2007 by   John Doe 0 Votes
You have a stainsafe warranty, you went to Macy's for repair, why? You pushed yourself out of the time frame. Any damage done to your furniture, you must only contact your warranter. Why you contacted Macy's is beyond any normal thinking...
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   Jennifer Fahmy 0 Votes
Stainsafe is a fraudulent company who doesn't like to honor there warranty's. I am going through the same thing. Maybe if all the people who have problems with them contacted the attorney general maybe something can be done about this. Good luck.
 31st of Aug, 2007 by   diane irons 0 Votes
I called stain safe and I received the same treatment. My sofa has burn holes and they told me that my warranty had expired that i waited to long to report my damage. This is a total scam when you buy a protection plan you should get what you paid for. I am going up to Value City Department Store were I purchased my furniture. I will complain but I have a feeling it will be a waste of my time.
 10th of Sep, 2007 by   Kuroneko 0 Votes
I have had nothing but headaches from the Stainsafe company, I had something similar happen only it was my 3 year old who got ahold of a ball point pen and decided my $2000 couch was a canvas, it took them 4 months to get a tech out here to look at it, he said he cannot get ink off of Microfiber and had requested the whole Sectional be replaced. About 2 weeks later I get a letter of denial in the mail for the Ink saying it is considered "Normal wear and tear" I about hit the roof, called Stainsafe and they told me they could not tlak about it on the phone and that I had to fax in a Letter of Dispute, which I did. I finally got a letter in the mail today stating that they are refusing me servicd until I get the couch cleaned by a professional. This time I called American SIgnature to find out what was going on and if they were alowed to bget away with something like that, the Office Manager I spoke with told me he would call them and ask waht was going on and call me back, which he did. He tells me that until I get the couch cleaned they will not honor the warranty I had purchased at which point I told the Manager I was going to deliver my couches back to the store and get the 2k back for them or he was going to refund the 200 I had paid for the Warranty, at which point he starts telling me theres no way they can refund anything as it has been 7 months since I bought the couches. At which point I told him that we can either do it my way or we end the conversation now and the next he hears from me will be my attorney, At which point he goes well how about this" I write you a check for the full amount of the Warranty purchase and that will be that, you will no longer have a Warantty" I said thats fine, thats all I wanted in the first place. He says he will have the check next Wednesday and will mail it out to me. We will see what happens with that.
I suggest anybody who is having problems with Stainsafe calls whoever they purchsed the warranty from and demand a refund.
 13th of Oct, 2007 by   louis leoni 0 Votes
Worry no more is a ripoff and macys is starting to see it. I am having a problem with them. Their main goal is not to give anyone anything. If you read their warranty the first time it seem ok you must read it very closely and you will know it is a scam before you ever contact them.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Tarsha D 0 Votes
I totally agree with you all on this. This service is such a damn scam. I purchase it on a cherry wood dining room set plus my sofa and they will not honor my warranty they said that I had to report the damages to them with in 14 days of the damage and then they would fix it.
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   Mick Colangula 0 Votes
I bought a couch at Macy's about 1.5 years ago. The couch has taken a beating for many reasons, one of which is my cat. He threw up on it when I was away and it left a stain. He also has his claws which has caused many small tears. I have not yet called StainSafe because I want to be sure of my coverage before giving them a chance to turn me down. I know already that it won't be easy because I have been searching the internet to find nothing but complaints about them. I did make an annonymous call to Macy's to ask if they thought I was covered and they sounded like I was bothering them. Their customer service is TERRIBLE! I already have a sour taste in my mouth. SCAM. I recommend NOT BUYING FROM MACY"S at all.
 19th of Dec, 2007 by   jason mcsteen 0 Votes
So... I just got home from work at a Macy's furniture gallery. I was "Let go" because I did not sell enough "WORRY NO MORE" in my first month at work there. Less than 8% of my items to be exact. The manager said that "we were not a good fit" and that "we needed to end our relationship." Any salesperson that sells the company required 50%+ has a nightmare on there hands due to the furious customers, and complaints resulting in the unfulfilled protection (INSURANCE). Macy's keeps all the revenue of the "Worry no more" sales. Then if there is a claim they contract out to "Stainsafe" to handle the paperwork and in home service. Meanwhile placing hurdles and small print exclusions in the way of paying a claim or replacing the item. The brochures look nice though right?! You won't be rpped off from Americas retail store right?!! Hmmm... the percentage of "Worry no more" items sold in the store is talked about more by the management than the stores daily sales volume. It is how they are reviewed along with two other units of measurement. Number two is how many "Macy's accounts" are opened. Number three is there on line survey about your experience in the store. The "Worry no more" program (Scam) is 100% profit because there is no cost to the retail store. Especially if they (and they do) find ways and reason not to pay out on a claim. If an insurance company pulled this they would be up on the Hill sitting in front of some Congressional Committee. What you are buying when you buy "Worry no more" is simply insurance. I happen to be a qualified and experienced furniture salesman that grew up in the industry and love furniture. I had never worked for a major department store before and I am honestly disgusted by there operation. They preach "Integrety Always" on the walls and then mislead consumers, pressure store managers and measure sales personnel by the amount of insurance being sold under a marketing campaign called "Worry no more". If a customer destroys or damages an item and it was at no fault to the retailer or manufacturer, wouldn't a business just simply want to sell them a replacement. Or is it better to pre sell an idea that Americas retailer has a nice piece of ocean front property in Arizona? Oh yeah and its REAL REAL CHEAP!!!
 30th of Dec, 2007 by   sue potts 0 Votes
Glad to hear Im not the only one who is having trouble with stain safe and there so call warranty. Have dog drool on my leather recliner, called stain safe and they will not honor my warranty. Have sent them everything the have asked for pictures, copies of the warranty papers, sales receipt. I am now fixing to dispute this process and if it gets me nowwhere at least I have made someone work a little extra harder and taken a little more of there time, they are total bogus and are just taking peoples money if there is anyone out there whom may have a solution to this problem Please contact me
 15th of Jan, 2008 by   Peggy Fields 0 Votes
Submit your complaint to the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org
 15th of Jan, 2008 by   Crystal Padilla 0 Votes
Stain Safe has been giving me the run around since 1/20/06. I was moving my couches to vaccum and place the couch down on the side to clean, the couch gave way and has been disformed every since. Now in 2008 I continue to pursue my reimbursment. My most recent attempt included my written request being mailed back to me undeliverable. I don't understand how they can get away with this! Frustrated!
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by   Sujit Prusti 0 Votes
I completely agree becuase I have also same experience.

Also their web site http://www.worry-no-more.com is not up any more.

woory-no-more is a scam.
 10th of Feb, 2008 by   Cindy Miller 0 Votes
StainSafe is a ridiculous company!!! I have a 1.5 year old leather reclining sofa. It got a tear in it and I contacted them for repair. The first furniture repair company set and broke 3 repair visits. I called StainSafe again and was assigned a new repair company. This company authorized a replacement sofa. Now StainSafe is trying to get out of replacing my sofa with the biggest run-around of excuses that you can imagine. This has been going on now for 3.5 months. I am NOT done fighting this battle. I can be a pretty squeaky wheel.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by   Jacqueline Aguilera 0 Votes
I feel everybodies STRESS and FRUSTRATION here. I have had so many TEARS fall from my eyes dealing with both MACY"S and STAINSAFE. Worry no more my #@*!*. I purchased a leather living room set (each piece was sold seperately) from RobinsonsMay when they weere going out of business and when doing so I was sooooo happy because it was the dream set I had been looking for for about 2 years. The sales person sold me with this great selling point such as they have this great 7 year warrnty that will protect your expensive investment from any damage. oh yeah the big selling point was if you have children this will protect you from the things that may happen such as holes, spills yada yada yada..etc. Well right before the manufactures warranty was up i realized there was a tiny (minute) pin hole so I immediately tried to contact Robinsons but they had went out of business so i called Stainsafe and by the time they did there things and contacted me back 3 months had past which meant my manufactures warrnty expired and I had no choice but to deal with them. Later after more time (another 3 months) passes I finally got them to say that a tech would come out. A tech comes out and states there is a hole (no longer pinhole now about a inch) which looks like defect and cannot be repaired. After about 10 calls to them finally get a letter stating that they can not repair the problem so I need to get a replacement of this coach BUT Macys no longer sales this item. They states that I can't go anywhere for this item and I can't have any other technician besides theirs fix this item. So yes they issue a letter stating that i can get a new coach but only to the value of what I paid for the leather coach that I got on sale. So if I do that I will no longer have a living room set. I will have a mixed match living room set. Asked if they can replace all pieces. No. I called back several times with alternative thoughts and each one shot down. I finally speak to a guy from Macys that said if I get the new couch then I got to give the damaged one back and I will no longer have the extended warrnty and now have a mixed match living room still. Then he stated that I could get the buy back which they would give me 80 some $ and then I could keep my damaged couch which was ok after I found someone that could fix the tear. So I called to see if I could get that check issued so i can apply it to fixing my broken couch and then was told had to call STAINSAFE. I called STAINSAFE some women states that I was told about the buyback incorrectly. she explained something to me that was kinda good after I understood it. She stated that with that letter I could go get a new couch from MACYS even though it did not match at least I had something new AND that I could participate in the BUYBACK which meant that since i got the new couch my matching dameged couch was now theirs but I could buy it back from them for X amount of $. I said ok at least I felt that was fir so she stated that she would transfer me to the BUY BACK dept. Got that dept and I was told that this offer did not apply to me since I bought my couch from MACYS. Also was told that Macys does not have that offer and that I better hurry and buy a new couch with that letter because MACYS only ackowledges that letter for 90 days even though StainSafe ackowledges it for 9 month. I was told that because I only have the letter with no buyback I have to deal with Macys and see if they can help. I then called MACYS and they stated that they could not help me at all because my manufactures warrnty ran out so I asked about how that guy at MACYS told me about the 80$ buy back and how STAINSAFE told me the same thing. They then stated that they don't know why they told me about the buy back they never heard of MACYs ever having this and basically said my only option is to keep the damged sofa or go buy another sofa and then I would end up with a mixed match set. So all together I get burned because if I buy the new couch they will apply the sale price I paid for the 1st one BUT they will take the damaged one and I will end up with a living room set that I paid alot of $ for but now will not match and I will have no more extended insurance. Or the next option is I keep the damaged sofa pay more $ for it to get fixed on top of the price I already paid for it plus the extended warranty and have no more insurance. So help me if I am wrong why did I pay for a warranty???? If I was never lied to about this warrnty I would have NEVER purchase it. STAINSAFE/WORRY NO MORE along with MACYS are all FULL of DODO. Does anyone no how to take actions against them???? Should I contact a lawyer???? PLEASE help..
 28th of Feb, 2008 by   Cindy Miller 0 Votes
Hi, I am hoping I am finally getting somewhere. I went online to the Better Business Bureau of East Floriday (they are located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL). I filed a complaing (you can do it online). Within 2 days I received a call from a lady named Simone who offered me a couple of options. We settled that I would receive a check for 55% of my orig. purhcase price and could keep my sofa. (We bought it orig. in IN and live in SC now, this was a problem for them). She told me a letter would come in the mail with the offer of the money. The letter came 2 days ago, we signed it and got it notorized yesterday and I am sending it back to them today. After that, I am supposed to get a check. We'll see.....
I would suggest going on line to the Better Business Bureau and doing the complaint. Businesses HATE it when people file against them there. Good luck!
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   kjb 0 Votes
I agree, I paid for these warranty as well.
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   Jonathan Radin 0 Votes
Let us throw our ring in the hat regarding this terrible company as well. We were hard sold the warranty by Macy's and given the glossy brochure that states all the wonderful attributes and none of the fine print. It made a lot of sense since we were expecting our first child. We forked over the money and were hustled into quickly signing the documents with out being given any information about the fine print. This was very misleading!

When our son was sick this last weekend he urinated on the couch while sleeping. We tried to call the company several times over the weekend right after this happened. There was no answer or an immediate busy signal. We had no choice but to try and clean up the mess since it smelled and was leaving a huge stain. Big mistake. The company told us on Monday morning that since we tried to clean up the urine soaked couch we would not receive any coverage. Does that make any sense! We are supposed to let a couch soaked in pee just sit all weekend and however many days it would have taken them to come out? I did file a complaint with the BBB but I bet that since we didn't follow the fine print we are screwed.

Just let us warn anyone out there, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE WARRANTY!!! YOU WILL NEED THE MONEY LATER TO PAY FOR ANY REPAIRS OR SERVICE!
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by   Donald Roelle 0 Votes
Stainsafe is a ripoff. They play games. You did not report the damage within 10 days, on and on and on. They have no intent on making good their warranty. And Macy's should loose all of their business for pushing Stainsafe as a credible warranty. They know full well they are not reliable and that people that purchase the Keep that Stain Warranty, will do just that.
Go back to the locationthat you purchased your item, and act like an idiot. They treated you like one. Bet they dont like loosing the business while you sit there and act like a disgruntled customer. Caveat Emptor. No, let the seller beware!
 3rd of May, 2008 by   ROB 0 Votes
PEOPLE!
This is very simple. READ YOUR CONTRACTS AND WARRANTEES!
It is very clear how many days you have to report an issue. DONE. It is very clear what is covered and what isn't. DONE. IF you don't like the rules don't play the game, don't buy the policy. Don't buy the furniture from the store.You can't get mad (well maybe alittle) at a sales person that lists the benifits of an extended wearrantee policy without listing all the details. What he told you was true( unless he flat out lied or stretched it) It will do what he discribed if followed properly. It will save you a lot of money but it has rules that need to be followed. We do the service for these policies. We fix/clean tons of stuff that would have been trashed. BUT you need to follow the rules. Life is game with rules, you can't cheat and expect to win. A couple rules. 1 Stores go out of business and there is no recourse. You could have paid for every stitch of the furniture on Monday and they close on Friday and you are out of luck. 2 A salesmans job is to sell, he/she are going to leave out the details its up to you to fill in the blanks.
3 The reason EVERYTHING we do has pages and pages of dos and don'ts, rules and regs, ifs and buts, is so that when somebody who is going to care about something at sometime yells, , , , The other person can say "We told you about this on page 2000 paragraph 4 section 8 sub paragraph B. Didn't you read the information youy were given? This is where they give you that helpful smile that shows "Of course you didn't, , , , but you could have. MY TWO CENTS. PS Disregard this if you weren't given any paperwork, with the exception of the rule which states . 4 "You may have to ask for the information if it wasn't given to you. Its just common sense . Since you wanted it, and think you might use it, considering you just paid extra for it. But thats just me
 18th of Jul, 2008 by   Adam E. Rowland 0 Votes
I have a very good friend who is a contract lawyer. We are going ahead with a lawsuit, and we have a meticulous paper trail of every single letter, postcard, and a written record of who we talked to (mostly Monica Richardson at Stainsafe) and the excuse that was given.

Swine Flu Scam Online