logo

Aynur Arife Yorulmaz
Been cheated by Private Immigration Service in Qubec
3. (11 mins ago)
Freelancer.com
This company is unreliable and pointless
4. (11 mins ago)
Loansplusmore.co.uk
Scammers
5. (11 mins ago)
Freelancer.com
Account closed, stole my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

1919 Hwy 34
Waco, Nebraska
Phone: 402 728-5255
stcroixheat.com
I bought a St. Croix pellet stove insert in June 2008. So far no problems with performance. But support... forget it. The manual is badly written. You are at the mercy of your local dealer. If you have a technical question and call the manufacturer in Waco, Nebraska you will hit a stone wall. I had a simple question about purchasing the right kind of UPS (battery backup) which my dealer had (wrongly) discouraged me from purchasing. The operator simply refused to put me through to a technical person and referred me back to the dealer who had told me not to get a battery backup. Bit of catch 22 there.

Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jun, 2009 by   A Vredenburg -1 Votes
Yes, I agree their customer service is none existent. I will never purchase another product of theirs, since they do not seem to want to back up their stoves. There are a lot of other companies with great customer service that make stoves as good as or better than St Croix.
Frederick, MD
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   CHADD SMITH -1 Votes
i have nothing but problems w/ mine. turn it on 4 or 5 setting and it fills the burn pot up w/ pellets and backs up to the auger.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   Julie59 +1 Votes
We are having the same problem as Chadd Smith. Have you ever found an fix for this problem? Anybody?
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   macburner 0 Votes
I have the St. Croix Auburn, which i purchased 4 or 5 years ago. Corn was what I started burning and switched to wood pellets last year. My fire was not burning strong and I kept getting black smoke on the glass. First I checked to see if I had enough fresh air intake and then I checked the exhaust. Someone online shows how to remove the exhaust fan, which I did and this did the trick. You will need to poke a wire down the channel towards the burn pot with the vacuum going. It now burns like the sun. I always kept the flame on low and this probably aided the back up problem. I will now burn on 4 or 5 with the thermostat connected. Hope this helps someone. I do like the stove.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   lynda siri 0 Votes
Does anyone have a whistling sound with their pellet stove... it's driving me crazy...respond... lyndaangelina@comcast.net
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   gmorton -1 Votes
Our St.croix, Hastings model has been nothing but problems. It has caught on fire twice in 18months and we are now afraid to use it. In the 18 months that we have owned it, we have only been able to operate it 8 months. We have been unable to get any customer support, St croix always telling us to go through the dealer that we purchased it from but the dealer has quit dealing in St croix stoves as a result of poor customer service and bad product. I am now stuck with a wood pellet stove that is worthless as I wouldn't feel safe giving it away. St. croix representatives are rude and unhelpful. I would warn anyone not to buy one.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   robm54 0 Votes
Im a St Croix Dealer-I would be more then happy to answer any of your queations or help you with any tech. problems. finewoodproducts.net---robm@finewoodproducts.net
 1st of Nov, 2010 by   FedupinVT 0 Votes
We have a SCF-050 furnance and absolutely HATE it. I can not say HATE enought. Have the think on 5 and can barely feel the heat an inch abobve the registers. Called the dealer repeatedly and was told we need to heat the basement before the house will be warm. Huh? The heat is suppose to be blown threw the ducts (which has all been wrapped) upstairs. Enstein the basement will never be heated! Complained about the fan not working correctly and the dealer told us if it turns on it works right. Then he happened to be in the area and stopped by to look at it. His next suggested was to cut a big hole in the floor and let the heat rise up. Buy a bunch of fans to circulate the heat through the house. When I pointed out that is why there is duct work on a furnance he recommended I plop the ugly thing in my living room! Contacted the NE sales rep with about the same response, except he had the nerve to tell me the fact that it was home owner installed was the issue. The head techincian has been emailing us with quetions, but no solutions. Went out and bought a Harman pellet furnace, hope this one works better. My advice ...RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM ST. CROIX!!!
 3rd of Nov, 2010 by   Olson382003 0 Votes
My stove has worked very weel for me but I did have a problem with the vacumm censer and the costomer support was horible.The tech department was rude and big prick.I love the stove but will never buy a stove from St Croix again.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   jvp65 0 Votes
I have had a St. Croix insert York model for about 5 years now. I have had only minor problems until this year. I think the control pad needs to be replaced. When on manual does not respond to changing the setting from 1 to 5. Sometimes the power switch will not turn the stove off. I have currently run into a problem with the stove starting and running fine and then shutting off with the power light blinking. I think there is a control panel problem or a thermostat problem. I do service this insert every year with a cleaning and also clean it every week or so depending on how much I use it. I have been trying to locate a dealer on line that sells the parts so I can get an idea of a new control panel. Good luck. I think I will contact finewoodproducts.net that is located a couple of postings before this one. If anyone has any info please post. Stay warm.
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   ryan tls +1 Votes
Im a st croix dealer in PA if you need help i have sold there stoves for 10 years and they r one of the best on the market i only sell st croix stoves now no other brands less problems with the st croix line u can email me at ryantls@verizon.net with your questions
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   angry gary in il -1 Votes
i bought a st croix revolution add on furnance abut a year ago my home is just a little over 1100 sq feet i was told this would heat a home up to 2500 sq feet well was i mislead this furnance cannot keep up to cold weather at all i bought this to lower my haeting bills well to my suprise im spending more money ive had the dealer back a few times but no help have had control panel replaced already the high low limit switch also changed the furnance just shuts down by itself with lights flashing on the panel i am very dissapointed with this furnance let alone $5000.00 dollars in the whole you cannot get the service or tech dept to help at all if they even have one my advice is STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY im going to burn the rest of the pellets i have then shut this piece of CRAP down and start using my other furnance so i can stay warm !!!
 11th of Dec, 2010 by   Alllan Richmond 0 Votes
How can a company as bad as this stay in bussiness????
 11th of Dec, 2010 by   Alllan Richmond -2 Votes
This company should be shut down period. The CEO should be in jail for selling a product that will not work and they know it. This guy has been laughing his way to the bank for too long.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   Bruce Taylor -1 Votes
I am going into my fourth year with my stove. The only problem is the combustion fan just failed and started filling the basement with smoke. Had to air the house out and need to order the fan. $185.00 plus $15.00 for the gasket. I burn 3 to 4 tons a year. Had one from TSC years back and had the same thing with the combustion fan after a few years. Now I have that one in my shop and works fine.
 16th of Jan, 2011 by   St Croix User in NE 0 Votes
I'm 1/2 way through my fifth year with a St Croix Prescott EXL. My second combustion fan just failed. It's 10 degrees out and it's Sunday. It's $140.00 for a $20.00 motor, but we are stuck going through the St Croix dealer. I was wondering if this is a common problem with other folks. Gasket hint: Buy a sheet of Kaowool gasket material and cut your own - much cheaper. Someone above wrote about the control box not working properly. I was also having similar problems...when I took the back cover off and looking inside, the ground wire had come off its terminal (quick fix). Last year, the auger would not turn. After disassembling the whole thing (1+ hours), I found the end near the firebox all coked up with black junk. Cleaned and reassembled - working fine. The stove is also very sensitive to ash buildup with premium pellets. Super-premium pellets work the best (<0.5% ash). Versa grate - a great concept, really saves on daily cleaning time - but the motor is the noisiest one in the stove. Couldn't they spend an extra $10 and put in a quieter motor or gearbox ? The stove looks nice and the price was good, but I am somewhat jealous of other pellet stove owners that have fewer problems. Do not buy one of these if you are not mechanically inclined or need a lot of support. My local dealer is helpful, can't complain about them...but if I had to rely on them for repairing all these things, I'd probably have doubled the cost of the stove by now.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   cold in wisconsin 0 Votes
ive had a st. croix exl . this is the fourth season the only problem ive had with it is the ignitor has burned out twice. Right now i have a problem i am trying to figure out though. When the auger gets done running through its cycle i am hearing a loud clunk and the shaker plate under the burn pot is jumping up! If anyone know how to fix this please let me know.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Freezing cold in Dutchess County NY 0 Votes
I know this thread of posts is very old but I would just like to discourage anyone interested in buying a St. Croix. I bought a York insert in Sept 2010. It's now Feb and the crappy machine is not working. I bought the stove from RT 52 Supplies in Hopewell Jct, NY. They have been no help. Even though their website says they do repairs and maintenance, they do neither. I finally got a tech guy from another store over to figure out what the problem was. He told me to have the store I bought the stove from order the parts I would need from St. Croix (under the warrant). I told the store but they are being told by St. Croix that they will have to purchase the parts and then wait to be reimbursed. You can imagine they are rushing to get these parts. Then they had the nerve to tell me to call St. Croix directly. Impossible! You can't get a person on the line and then they disconnect you. All in all if I had the choice to do all over I would have never bought this stove. It is 5 months old, I burnt 1/2 ton of pellets and now it doesn't work. It turns itself off with the #2 feed light blinking. The tech guy said it was either the control board or the pressure switch. Either way it is 10 degrees outside and I am burning through propane while there is a ton of pellets collecting dust in the garage. Do yourself a favor and stay away from St. Croix. They have horrible customer service and their stoves work like crap!!!
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   william luscher 0 Votes
I bought a york insert last year, Ive had nothing but trouble with it. It seems that pellets keep jamming in the auger. I ve had the dealer here 5 times., costs at least 125.00--150.00 each time. The dealer is great but the stove is not worth the money I paid for it. I tried contacting the co. but they did not answer back. I am very disappoint with the stove @ company. Wm Luscher
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   ogkitty 0 Votes
I had a dealer order blower from St.Croix- Eventemp on Monday .They said it would be here Friday .Dealer called on Friday and they never shipped .. It has bee very cold -15 last night ..Now I have to wait and see if they ship today.. Now have to have it shipped air to get it in a few days if they decide to ship it..Had problems with getting parts all along ..Not the dealers fault...St.Croix -Eventemp costomer service fault..Will fix and sell it and buy one that has a customer service.You as a business have absolutely NONE!! Will recomend NOT TO BUT ANY PRODUCT FROM YOU.. Will post on public boards like FB, Twitter ect...

Samsung Mobile Unpacked - CTIA 2011 Conference Highlights