logo

3. (2 mins ago)
Club Intrawest
deceptive business practices
4. (8 mins ago)
Enterprise Financial Group, Inc (EFG)
Extended Warranty Scam

Posted:    angry angry angry

Rip off Scam cruise

Spirit Incentives
Wisconsin
Spirit Incentives is a RIP off!!! I submitted my certifcate to redeem for a "free" criuse for 3 days/nights. I called after 16 days of not recieving anything (thinking it was a scam) and she said that it is standard mail to take 16 days!!! And I received an EMAIL! I was getting more and more aggrivated and the customer service rep was rude and put me on hold for 10 minutes (long distance) to try and add up the days I had waited to receive the email, which was completely wrong. After I sent in the $100 trip deposit (which they said would be returned- yeah right! I'm not holding my breath!) I waited another 16 days and still heard nothing from them. I called back and spoke to another customer service rep, who continuosly raised his voice with me and told me to wait another 10 business days. It's almost going on 2 months and still no cruise! I went to the time share presentation for 3 hours did my part, and they scammed us, people that just want a nice mini vacation!!! This is absoultely ridiculous, my next written letter is to the Better Business Bureau. Please DO NOT fall for this scam! Save your money and your time!
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2009 by   syrina +1 Votes
i went to listen at spirit incentives in cininnati also. all i had to do was listen to their pitch on packages for one hour. i was there for three. i now have this registration coupon and have registered but am not sure if it is a scram. after reading the complaints i am afraid to go through with it. is it really free? execpt for the 100 dollar booking fee and 100 dollar taxes fee. it is for a 4 day 3 night vaction to either mexico or bahamahs. supposedly everything is free and taken care of no flight costs or transportation costs or "resort" costs. thats its in a resort not a hotel and someone will be with me whereever i go to assist me with everything. i am so confused on what to believe some one please give some advice to what you think. is this for real?
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   Frustrated Cruiser +1 Votes
I just tried to book a cruise. We had sent in our $100 and it was only supposed to cost us the taxes. It would have been about $250 more with taxes. So the "free cruise" is in a cabin with bunk beds. To upgrade it would be another $75 a person., but of course they didn't have any of those rooms available. The next upgrade would have been $150 a person, but they didn't have those rooms available either. To get a cruise that was available for us it was going to be $1000 total. I can get a cruise were we can go anytime we want for that price. I just cancelled the certificate and they are supposed to be sending out $100 back. We will see about that.
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   Fred or Fred +1 Votes
Attended a Timeshare Presentation in the Wisconsin Dells' Glacier Canyon Lodge (http://www.wildernessresort.com/) (for which I was quoted a 120 minutes presentation). Instead I was there - face to face - not presented to - discussed with - for 3 hours. Sales rep was fine I guess, he admitted he'd only been there 4 months, Sales manager at the end (who my wife identified as "the heavy hitter") was greasier than pure oil. Here's the price, no there's the price, oh that's the price, look at the price, up here's a price, down there's a price, down low a price, to the right a price, to the left a price, now do a little dance. That's how that went. So we declined all the crap, then get passed on to a checkout girl who offers us two ADDITIONAL price options !!! But what's funny is the first option she gave she said this is the best I can do, then when we said no she said how about this one? It's the same crap I went through with the sales manager. Needless to say I'm a Wyndham Rewards member and credit card holder. And after this presentation I no longer will be. Probably not what Wyndham had in mind regarding brand integrity when they contracted with Spirit Incentives.

Identity Theft Scam