logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
No No Hair Removal
unauthorized use of credit card
2. (20 mins ago)
Evolutionwriters.com
scam
5. (45 mins ago)
uk department@live.com
how to claim the prize amount

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews - Hidden charges!

Spirit Airlines Contacts & Informations

Spirit Airlines

Posted:    Richard Pompa

Hidden charges!

This Airline is terrible. three times I have been screwed. The first was being charged for travel insurance that they were selling. The default was to purchase and if you didn't unchecked the block, you were automatically charged. The second was buying a ticket in advance and later finding out there was a luggage charge. The third incident I am still trying to undo but without success. Again, I didn't uncheck a block and I found a $29.95 charge for a free spirit promotion which I haven't been able to determine what it is nor have I have been able to contact someone by phone for the last week. I have been trying to get this reversed and can not. They are awful when it comes to customer service.
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Oct, 2007 by   Aldie Paz 0 Votes
False Advertisement:
Yesterday 10/02/07, I went online to the Spirit Air line website and saw a special air fair to Guatemala for $64.00 each way.
Which meant $128.00 roundtrip? I booked a flight for myself and my 2 kids. Little did I know the nightmare it would turn into?
I made reservations to depart on Nov. 15 and return on Nov. 26th, and paid for it with my Master card. To my surprise, I noticed when I printed the itinerary that the dates on the itinerary were completely wrong. The system somehow managed to change the departing date and the return date and the return date to Oct. 15 and Oct. 26th instead of November. It was insane, I immediately called the airline to get the problem fixed but they blamed it all on me. But before being able to get someone to actually help me, I got people hanging up on me, they were very discourteous, unhelpful, and had no knowledge of what they were doing and the ones that did answered the phone didn’t help at all.
I asked Mary the first person that helped me, if she could help me with my problem. She said no problem I will help you, and she “supposedly changed the itinerary to the right dates. She said she’d send me an email with the confirmation of the itinerary. I waited a few minutes and I didn’t receive an email from her/ or the airline for that matter. So I decided to call back just to be on the safe side and make sure that indeed she had made the changes to my flight. I spoke to Gaby, after I explained the situation, he replied that there was no record of the transaction that Mary had supposedly made; and he said that in order for me to have any changes to the dates I would have to pay the air fair difference for each flight, and also the penalty for changing the date. This meant that the advertising price was a fraud, because it said and I quote “$8 and $44 fares must be booked on spiritair.com between 3:00 PM ET on October 2, 2007 and 11:59 PM ET on October 3, 2007 for travel on the dates as specified by individual market and by market direction. $66 and $88 and some $44 fares must be purchased between 3:00 PM ET on October 2, 2007 and 11:59 PM ET on October 3, 2007 and are for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays between October 9, 2007 and February 12, 2008.
Guatemala City, Guatemala $44* Each Way 10/8, 10/19, 10/29, 10/30, 11/5, 11/15, 11/20, 11/24, 11/26
” So why would the price change if I was still within that time frame, they’re supposed to make changes free of service charge if it is within 24 hours of the reservation, and I called minutes after I did it, but yet they said that there was an 80 dollar charge per person, for changing the date and also a difference in air fair which was $371.97 more. In total it would end up being $1055.07 which included $254.00 taxes for, and a charge for an insurance that I didn’t ask for, which is automatically billed unless you take the check off $36.00 in insurance, and $9.00 for a so called Fare Club which is useless and also automatically billed. Then I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, they said that there were none available. I asked for the best time to call so I could speak to one, and they hung up on me. Finally I spoke to Chris and the only thing that she suggested was that I cancel the reservations and the only money I’d get back would be in a form of a voucher but out of all the money they charged my credit card only 212.70 dollars per person were going to be refunded as a travel voucher. Now, who wants a voucher with for the same airline after all these scams?
First of all I didn't make the mistake of putting in the wrong date when I was making my reservations because it is a tradition to travel to my country in the month of November. Every year we have a family reunion in November. I have made lots of reservations with other airlines online and never have encountered this problem. Their system is sneaky; it cheats people out of their money by somehow changing the dates on their itinerary so that charge them for the difference. They are so fraudulent that on top of all this, they charged my credit card twice; I know this because I tried calling my credit card to null the transaction and they told me the amount that was charged by the airline to my credit card; which was $1324.00.
I called the airline back and they hung up on me again several times. Then some one answered and I asked if she could find out why they charged my credit card twice and she replied that she didn’t have access to that information on her computer.
This is obviously a scam, charging vastly twice the amount of money for the completely wrong thing. I am not the only person that this has happened to. There are lots of other customers who had trouble with them; my supervisor Pamela Atkinson, booked a flight for her son, and was cheated out of her money. Eluvia a friend of mine, bought tickets and when she got to the airport on the date of her flight, they told her she lost her flight because those tickets were for the night before, and she lost her money. Like me and my colleagues there are lots of other people that have posted complaints on this website about the same airline.
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by   Aldie Paz 0 Votes
False Advertisement:
This is obviously a scam, charging vastly twice the amount of money for the completely wrong thing. I am not the only person that this has happened to. There are lots of other customers who had trouble with them; my supervisor Pamela Atkinson, booked a flight for her son, and was cheated out of her money. Eluvia a friend of mine, bought tickets and when she got to the airport on the date of her flight, they told her she lost her flight because those tickets were for the night before, and she lost her money. Like me and my colleagues there are lots of other people that have posted complaints on this website about the same airline, I would appreciate it if you can please take a look at it and help us somehow. Thank you.

Tax Refund Scam Circulates Internet