logo

genuineptr.com
don't believe them
4. (38 mins ago)
Castle Finance Direct
They took money for the form and refused to refund
5. (56 mins ago)
Domino's Pizza
fake promotion coupon

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

spinecore corporation, Wayne, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - failing to fully inform patient about product information and use patient to test new design without informing them.

spinecore corporation Contacts & Informations

spinecore corporation

Posted:    sharon

57 brandon ave, wayne nj 07470
Wayne, New Jersey
Phone: 8622625451
My daughter was dignosed with scliosis. I came a cross spinecore web site and it seemed like it was a good choice for me at the time. I called their 800 number and I was referred to dr Oullette how later I found out works out of Atlanta and he let me to beleive he was the only one of the experts in US for this type brace. He he fitted my daughter into the new design but failed to tell me that it was still in testing not only that but he didn't fit her in the right size shorts. The shorts were too small for her. On our first visit her promised to send us bigger size that never happened. I paid $4000 on the first visit for a brace that didn't fitt. pls give me a call they doctors are abusing the fact that parents like me are so desparate to do the best for their children that they are robbing us.
Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2009 by   sam 0 Votes
WHY is there no spinecor in philipines. need braces spinecor braces badly but dont know where to get it? and who to go to .
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   nickb 0 Votes
Spinecor is in Malaysia. www.scoliosis.com.my and we brace quite a fair numer of filipino patients
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   W.E. DeRegibus 0 Votes
I happen to know Brian Oulette and he is very accomplished at bracing people utilizing the spinecor brace. Certainly the brace is expensive but no more than buying your child orthodontic braces. Having put three kids through braces, I know of what I speak. As to your reference to using the pants rather than the pelvic base, with its crotch and thigh bands; I am sure Brian was thinking of your daugther's comfort. In my opinion the pants represent a great innovation over the pelvic base. My guess is that your anger comes from buying a 4, 000.00 brace and then dealing with your daughters non compliance. We must remember that these braces are not magic they must be worn to work. As far as your not receiving the correct size shorts. The pelvic brace and or shorts both represent an anchor that must be imovable in order for the brace to work. However if it is true that the shorts are the wrong size call the 800 number and remind Brian that he was going to send you some.
 14th of Mar, 2011 by   Distraughtcompletely 0 Votes
I am in Canada, My daughter was diagnosed with sever scoliosis. A practice called Innovative Chiropractor recommended the spine core. After paying 3800., I found out that her degree did not qualify for it, it was to high. I questioned the chiropractor about it, told him I spoke to the inventor of Spine Core (he is a spinal surgeon) and he said it would not work, she would only qualify for surgery! The Chiropractor disagreed! I am now out 3800. plus xrays, the only good thing is my daughter has had her spinal surgery and is progressing well. This is what I call taking advantage of distraught parents that are willing to do anything they can to help their children and should be stopped!
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   just_me33 0 Votes
My daughter has been fit with a SpineCor brace. I was going to go through Dr Oullette. I was not feeling very good with my contact with them and thing seemed kind of odd when it came to insurance. So I started looking for other options. I am not sure if I have insurance coverage yet, but I found an orthotist who offers this brace and they will work with my orthopedist to ensure the brace is working correctly. My daughter has been given a brace to try out to ensure it works right before we commit to buying. The orthotist told me also the Soft pants brace IS NOT APPROVED TO TREAT SCOLIOSIS. It is for back pain. Becker orthopedic supplies this brace in the US. Go to the web site at this url http://www.beckerortho.com/spinecor.htm and see the brochures for yourself. I am not affiliated with spinecor or Becker I am just a concerned parent and wanted to report my findings.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   Awm34 0 Votes
My daughter received the spinecor brace at 34 degrees and after 3 months she was 44 degrees, her breace was adjusted so the curve went to 39 degrees. Bottom line spinecor may not work for her, but then bracing of any kind does not always work. She was fitted by dr. Paris in maryland who was trained by dr. Ouellette. My insurance did cover part of the cost. We have accepted that it may not work and now we are looking into schroth, and will be seeing a top surgeon at Georgetown. She has a large torso and low muscle tone so we don't believe rigid bracing would work any better.

Pay As You Drive Auto Insurance