logo

Rooms Furniture & Accessories
Rooms Furniture & Accessories
4. (18 mins ago)
EZ Body Slimmer
Need to bring back the original ingredients!!!!
5. (23 mins ago)
AuthorHouse
Rip off publishing compnay

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Speedy Sparrow SUCKS REVIEW, 272 Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffie, England, Derbyshire Complaints & Reviews - TERRIBLE HOSTING

Speedy Sparrow SUCKS REVIEW Contacts & Informations

272 Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield
272 Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffie, Derbyshire, England
United Kingdom
Phone: 0114 266 0639
I just need to tell all of you about my terrible hosting experience with
SPEEDY SPARROW which owned by an couple of teenage kids...

Anyway. I have several sites hosted with SPEEDY SPARROW unfortunately...
Well, what I'm about to say may be followed with "That's what you expect
with SPEEDY SPARROW hosting service."

Two weeks ago they moved one of the domains I work with to another server
(without prior notification) and they didn't bother even check the front
page of the website to see if it came up correctly! The database wasn't
moved over so almost the whole site was completely broken. Then The SSL Cert
wasn't brought over with it (I found out later) so no orders could be taken.
Two day later I realized that my processor was not installed on the same
location on the server as the last server so no credit card charges could go
through!

5 days went by with no e-commerce and 2 of those five days the site was
completely disabled from SPEEDY SPARROW! When I e-mailed them (tried calling, no answer even
though they have 'phone support' listed as an option on their website.) and
they simply replied with 'the site is now working'. No explanation, no
apology, nothing. I was so angry.

I finally weeded an apology out of them and they offered me 1 month of
free hosting. I told them I was leaving SPEEDY SPARROW and they told
me that would be a big mistake and closed my account and deleted my files!!!

So, I try calling, I leave voicemail, no response. I call and hit 'zero' for
the operator, it will either jump from phone to phone and eventually hit
voicemail or they will pick up the phone and hang it up! Can you believe
that?!

Stay away from SPEEDY SPARROW, they're terrible. SPEEDY SPARROW SUCKS.
Comments United Kingdom Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Oct, 2011 by   SparrowSean -1 Votes
Not quite a true fact, we have answered all inquiries due to any of the downtime that we had seen through this period (overwhelmed) at times, though we also sent through e-mails after e-mails regarding the issue notifying customers that (Telephone Support) would be disabled during the process of the downtime as we were working on the issue and could not take on extra load to slow us down.

I'd like to grab your domain down and your accurate details, the information you have provided in your above comments are not available via our help-desk, we've actually never served a customer under the name of "Jack Palen" and have no customers from Derbyshire.

For more accurate understanding, we are not teenage kids and we actually have a lot of customers that have appreciated our downtime information that was submitted via the forums as well:

You tried calling, left a voicemail: We receive e-mails about these, unfortunately we had dozens upon dozens of calls and none of the callers left any voicemails, would you like to give me a ticket ID you have with us so that I can check further?

"Two weeks ago they moved one of the domains I work with to another server"

Sort of a little mis-leading as your account nor domain was ever moved in to a new server.

"The database wasn't moved over so almost the whole site was completely broken."

I cannot help you without knowing the cPanel username, we restored most accounts best we could, we sent out e-mails asking customers to discuss issues via the forum or through the help-desk and we attended to each user request for support - if we missed you we are sorry but with the sheer magnitude of the requests we could not handle everyone single handed.

If you can provide me more information I could help you further but without that there is little I can do for you.

We've had another user take this same approach, whether you are the same customer or not trying to pull a bad act we will eventually find out, we don't take slander and false information nicely and as most of your comments are a little mis-leading and quite slanderish we will take it further accordingly.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   The Warrior 66 +2 Votes
Ever since I set up my site with Speedy Sparrow last few months I've had constant problems, exactly like those many other people have described on these boards and on Google. I'd estimate that the site is inaccessible about 40% of the time. Whenever I call Speedy Sparrow tech support they can't seem to find any problem, and since the site eventually always comes back up, they just say "oh everything should be fine now, call us if you have any more problems." Speedy Sparrow

I've had enough of Speedy Sparrow. I can't afford to have my site offline like this with Speedy Sparrow. I want to switch to another host but I've never done that in the past and I'm not entirely sure how. Can anybody offer some advice? Can I switch without having my site offline for a significant period of time? Speedy Sparrow is crap and this is my review.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   The Warrior 66 +1 Votes
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Hosting Guru +1 Votes
speedy sparrow.com scam and fraud company from australia.

10th of Oct, 2011 by   LOL99 -1 Votes
LOL
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   SparrowSean +2 Votes
"Hello I am indian from india, I go speedy sparrow sean bowtell promise ok and my site die he call me filthy packey I call him racist basturd I file complaint with FBI"

I called you a filthy packey", are you sure because we are definitely not racist. I am not sure why the same person creates multiple accounts to impersonate but action will be taken.

"speedy sparrow.com scam and fraud company from australia."

How are we a scam and fraud company...?

Considering you cannot provide a domain even hosted with us, I can only call this a "scam at work" from the creator of this topic.

"Do not buy from speedysparrow.com they are number one fraud company from australia."

The number one fraud company from Australia?

"They will not give your money back and rip off. They also an illigal rip off company, truly sucks."

We are not quite illegal, we are a registered company in which you continually claim we are not which is again is mis-leading.

"Stay away from this ripoff company speedysparrow.com if you care about your money."

We actually refund customer payments, but when you violate our policies in which it seems you have action is taken and if you don't like that then we are not the service for you.

"Speedy sparrow.com illegal australia PC made host, and dont form any company registration yet. They evern dont have any idea about hosting and as soon you give them your money you will be scam by them, so stay away from speedysparrow fraud provider."

I am amazed you create the same topic in multiple places, we know the user account you created under our billing service and the IP attached :)

Not to worry we are tracing it down and just so you are aware you were terminated for SPAMMING, not something we appreciated. We took action in accordance to SPAMVERTISEMENT and if you want to continue your little rants we will continually take action where a court will be our playing field.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Its This Guy +1 Votes
I've been using SpeedySparrow for my sites for some time (3 domains), and am very satisfied. They respond very quickly to any issues I have. Like most hosting solutions in this price range, they do have the occasional issue, but unlike other host providers I've used in the past, they are very open about what the cause and solution for those issues are. If you use the support ticket system correctly, they always respond very quickly.
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   surfer_007 -1 Votes
I am not a speedy sparrow customer but I am the owner of a web development company from last 5 years. I want to point speedy sparrow's reply in which they are saying that " we actually have a lot of customers that have appreciated our downtime information that was submitted via the forums as well"

Providing downtime info via forums is not enough, they should be sending individual emails to the customers who are going to face downtime, the customer who raised this complaint haven't received any prior email which is really bad. Moreover, they promise 99.9% uptime and on the other hand they are saying that customers are violating their terms, I believe that they are violating their own terms because if they are giving a guarantee of 99.9% uptime then there should be tiny downtime (few minutes or seconds), not for hours.
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   SparrowSean 0 Votes
Considering that this customer has actually violated our policies on multiple occassions and has slandered us in about every "Scam" thread that he can find, does it really seem fair to support his words - look at it this way, "I am not a speedy sparrow customer" you've already outlined you are not a customer but go on to say that we should be sending e-mails out on downtime, which we have, but as a non-active client you would not know if we did or didn't send out notifications.

On each event we notify customers best we can, now on a side note ^ the above OP or individual poster that is actually on our desk with "false information" won't receive the e-mails and notifications that we send out, so how exactly can we get in touch with thus individual if he/she has used false information in the first place?

Sure, we have had a few ups and downs not primarily due to ourselves, but more to our datacenter accidentally removing cords that power our cloud technology servers - every company is prone to downtime, and in fact we actually credit customers back on any downtime that is incurred.

During the September event every customer was credited back for the downtime which was in full, systems/servers are not immune to downtime at by any means, we do our best to commit to our business, but when you have individuals that slap you with false, mis-leading, slander of comments, and comments that are of an abusive nature such as branding us as an illegal company (even when we have the appropriate registration data to show) it makes it hard to compete.

We've already fixed many of the underlying issues that was caused by our datacenter, we've already outlined this via our forums, we did our best and spent countless hours trying to resolve the issues that came upon us (not from an issue caused by us directly) and spent more hours than even necessary to help our customers, it calls for some gratitude.

The only thing we do not approve of is (spammers), we've be branded (hackers, scammers, illegal company from Tasmania) and a whole lot more from the same customer and he/she has posted this across how many websites now with slander, it just becomes irritating in removing them.

The problem is people tend to believe the comments that are written on these such advocacy websites "even non members" who don't think we sent out notifications to customers, well to say the least we did, the customer had a fake e-mail registered with us, the customer never received it because of that, so what more can we really do?

On a side note, SpeedySparrow is not from Tasmania so it is just another false piece of mis-leading information.
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   SparrowSean +1 Votes
Actually let me reply to this in full:

"I just need to tell all of you about my terrible hosting experience with
SPEEDY SPARROW which owned by an couple of teenage kids..."

>> Considering I am not a teenager, this is just false. None of our other staff members or even manage are under the age of 20 so this is quite a mis-leading statement.

"Anyway. I have several sites hosted with SPEEDY SPARROW unfortunately...
Well, what I'm about to say may be followed with "That's what you expect
with SPEEDY SPARROW hosting service."

>> Could you tell me what sites you had hosted with us, we've asked multiple times on every scam/spam site you have found to post this exact same thing on, you have refused to entertain us with the information we ask, so how do you expect us to really help you with the issues.

"Two weeks ago they moved one of the domains I work with to another server
(without prior notification) and they didn't bother even check the front
page of the website to see if it came up correctly!"

>> Quite mis-leading, we never move customers on to another server, during September this was never done - could you provide me more information about the server we placed you on because I can guarantee this never happened.

"The database wasn't moved over so almost the whole site was completely broken. Then The SSL Cert
wasn't brought over with it (I found out later) so no orders could be taken."

>> Once again, you were never moved to a new server, no customer was. If you can provide me more information, I would like to bring this up in our billing system so I can work with you to resolve it - sadly your address of "272 Sharrow Vale Rd" does not exist, your name "Jack Palen" also doesn't exist, and we've never hosted any customer from Derbyshire.

"Two day later I realized that my processor was not installed on the same
location on the server as the last server so no credit card charges could go
through!"

>> once more you were never moved on to a new server, your SSL I can check on but again no changes were made to websites and definitely were not placed on different servers or networks.

"5 days went by with no e-commerce and 2 of those five days the site was
though they have 'phone support' listed as an option on their website.) and
they simply replied with 'the site is now working'. No explanation, no
apology, nothing. I was so angry."

>> You may of been angry, though we resolved all tickets that were open on our help-desk, if you can provide me a ticket ID I'd be more than happy to check this out, though once more there is little I can do when you have a fake e-mail address registered under the business account, the address in this complaint is a reference to you using illegitimate information to brand and slander us like you have in quite a few websites already.

>> Phone calls were disabled as per our e-mail to all customers, if you have an accurate e-mail address you would of seen this listed until we could resolve most requests. Explanations were sent out, but you failed to contact us where we could of helped you - we've replied to numerous complaints by a "Jack Palen" that we have never hosted and each time no reply every came back.

"I finally weeded an apology out of them and they offered me 1 month of
free hosting. I told them I was leaving SPEEDY SPARROW and they told
me that would be a big mistake and closed my account and deleted my files!!!"

>> That is definitely not what we would of said to you, I could go over every ticket and I could put a 100% guarantee on it that we would not simply terminate your account, nor would we state that it be a big mistake for you leaving - we don't have regrets on customers leaving, though we do ask that they contact us if they have issues, we resolved every ticket that came to our helpdesk, simply e-mailing us won't help unless it goes to the right address.

If you can provide me an e-mail address you did so from, I can check. Sadly, all open problems were resolved.

"So, I try calling, I leave voicemail, no response."

>> We get voicmails via e-mail as well as via the phone unit, no voicemails were ever left over this period.

"I call and hit 'zero' for the operator, "

>> Well you definitely didn't call us! We don't have a "0" for the Operator, so I'd say once more you never did call us. We have the options 1 - Sales, 2 - Support, 3- Billing, no 0 is presented via the phone operator.

"it will either jump from phone to phone and eventually hit voicemail or they will pick up the phone and hang it up!"

>> We definitely don't hang up on callers, the chances are very slim this would happen, and according to our logs no phone calls actually came through during this event that were hung up on, well if you his "0" you would not of reached us so no one could of hung up on you.

"Can you believe that?!"

>> Actually, I have a hard time believing a lot of the stuff you've actually accused us of, especially the slander comments, as well as the false information towards your account.

We have asked hundreds of times for your information to show you have been hosted with us, every time that has failed, no information has been provided and you cannot even verify with us what your account details are, you then come to places like this and slander us which is an illegal offense and then keep slandering us on many other forums/boards where you are the one that was inappropriately spamming from our networks to begin with.

I've already been provided enough information to know where you are from, Jack Palen as well as the other users branding us are the same person so how can we really be the bad people here when all we are doing is out best to conduct an investigation in to your issues so we can resolve them?
 6th of Nov, 2011 by   gamervoid 0 Votes
I have been a customer of SpeedySparrow since May 21st. Never have I been disappointed in the service. I wanted to take a second to point out the false information in this complaint.

The support is excellent - very quick ticket responses, as well a honest answers. They are willing to look further into an issue on their end (even when I think it may be more my end).

As for the staff making racial comments -– it is absolute ludicrous saying that they made racial comments on you. Their support is always very respectful.

Reliability is excellent. SpeedySparrow utilizes very good technologies like CloudLinux and Ksplice, as well as the industry-standard cPanel on their severs. Downtime is rare - and if they need maintenance, they notify you several days in advance by email.

Furthermore, when there is a problem with your site, they ALWAYS look for any problems -- and always manage to fix them.

My domain is gamervoid.com, it has been, and will be, with SpeedySparrow for a very long time... Do a Whois search for my domain, and you will see that I have used SpeedySparrow since May of 2011.

In short, this complaint here is absolutely ludicrous, supplying false information, as well as putting a bad label on a great company, run by great, respectful, knowledgeable people.
 7th of Nov, 2011 by   Tim Kainu 0 Votes
I am a SpeedySparrow customer as well, and just gotta disagree with all the bull crap spam posted here.

SpeedySparrow ALWAYS sends out emails whenever they have to do anything to the servers. I've been with a few hosting companies, both large and small, and SpeedySparrow is by-far the best in the tech support department.

And not only do they send out emails, they post updates wherever possible just so we, the customers, can better see it and understand what needs to be done to their servers.

You know they're doing something right when two of their customers come here and back Sean and his company up. Downtime is inevitable, and when there is downtime, the customers in the support forums are very pleased with the action SpeedSparrow takes in order to fix the current problem, and also to prevent any problems that may arise later.

They not only put out the small, day-to-day fires, but they also look at what can be done to prevent anything from happening in the future. You can't ask for more than that from a web hosting company. The guys at SpeedySparrow know what they're doing.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   gamervoid 0 Votes
@RedLine - I provided a domain and my time of registration. Do a Whois before you just call real people fake and liars. This crap being posted by the same person - that is called creating anonymous accounts.

I do not work for SpeedySparrow, probably never will, however, this crap you are posting truly ticks me off.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   gamervoid 0 Votes
Hmmm I have been able to access for the last day just fine...

On another note, I know that the people that are satisfied customers of SpeedySparrow are fairly passionate, and almost defensive, of Sean and Co... Their attitude and support tend to make everyone else happy and okay if there happens to be hardware issue.

I will not deny that they have had some issues over the least few months - because they have. And then their suppliers (datacenter and OnApp) have done the classical "blame it on the other company" routine... However, when issues arise, they always look into the problem and find a solution. Right now, they are contemplating a move of datacenters because of some of the hardware difficulties.

While there is no other way to prove my authenticity, all I can do is post this. I will check out that site you posted, and see what it looks like for me.

I would also like to apologize a bit for my last heated response. I probably could have reworded it a bit to be nicer - however, I love the service, and I have come to be defensive of SpeedySparrow.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   gamervoid 0 Votes
You might call be mildly bipolar, but when you start saying that people are supporters of a scam --- it kinda crosses the line in my book.
It seems you may have hit a 5min hardware issue. They are still looking into a new datacenter. They had to reboot their hypervisors, which is the 5min outage.

Shows up as of this posting.

Last Minute School Shopping