logo

Goodwill Industries
Giant scam!
2. (17 mins ago)
Goodwill Industries
Charged a different price from marked price
3. (26 mins ago)

Speedpost Singapore
Singapore
speedpost.com.sg
Dear Sir,

I would like to log a compliant for subsequent terrible service from Speedpost Singapore.

Since from Month of December last year, I have began my figure collection and always imported them from Japan into Singapore by either Registered SAL or EMS which is "Speedpost" in Singapore due to the fact that the amount is not small. Unfortunately, I nearly lost all of the shipments due to Poor services from Speedpost Singapore. How so? Below is my elaboration.

I will received a tracking number once the sender has began shipping the items to me. Yes I can track the parcel within Japan. Now the problems lies on our side. It has been alot of times my parcel has reached Singapore the records are not updated on international tracking website (for my case is Japan Post)for as long as a week long. Every time, I have to keep track and check with our Speedpost for my item status on our Speedpost tracking website.

This has been the fifth or sixth time I encountered such problem with them. When I check online with tracking CC201016285JP and was so shocked to discovered that Singpost had a numbers of failed attempt to delivered the item to me

1st Failed attempt made on 10 AUG 2012 with no delivery advice left.
Remark left by Speedpost on tracking website: "Unable to locate Address"
My View: I have no idea this deliver was made at this time since no delivery advice was left. Irrelevant remarks left by speedpost.

2nd Failed attempt made on 13 AUG 2012 again with no delivery advice left.
Remark left by Speedpost on tracking website: "No Reply Through Intercom"
My View: I have no idea this deliver was made since no delivery advice was left. I began to track my parcel online this time and also check my phone caller ID. There wasn't any number reflected from intercom. Obviously they did not all at al. So i call them up and arrange for another redelivery on 15 AUG 2012.

3rd Failed attempt made on 15 AUG 2012 again with delivery advice left in my mailbox but was in an evelope with postage paid dated 14 AUG 2012.
Remark left by Speedpost on tracking website: "No Reply Through Intercom"
My View: Again i check my phone caller ID. There wasn't any number reflected from intercom. Obviously again they did not all at al. Also my dad was at home this time. I just shoot them another email and demand another redlivery on Sat 18 AUG 2012.

On top of this they i demand them to arrange a delivery date which I am comfortable with. Which is this coming Saturday 18 Aug. But they wanted to charged me additional SGD 2.00 and told me that they can only schedule the redelivery tomorrow which is 15 Aug and if not, i have to collect it myself prtsonally at the post office. To my knowledge for past shipments, I have not been charged with additional postage and no problem arranging for redelivery on Saturday which is the only day I will be at home to receive it. I am not sure if they are any changes in any of their policies. But this is totally unaccepted at all. Speed post, registered parcel or EMS are supposed to be direct delivery to our doorstep at customers convenience.

Last but not least, of you have been searching the web regarding Speedpostt services. You will notice there has been alot of people not receiving their parcel or even lost them for all. From here, I can say even our own Singaporeans does not trust our own postal service at all. Not to say foreign that even insist on not shipping items to Singapore as on EBay as well as on Amazon website. Prices of shipping now as compared to couriers like DHL are almost similar. Except that DHL has better services. I would also go for DHL if I have the option because I have absolutley lost trust in our own postal services already.

Therefore, I urge you to look into this matter seriously before more of us completely lost trust in our own postal service.

Regards,
Josh Hau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 15 Aug, 2012, at 9:10 AM, SingPost Customer Service <custsvcs@singpost.com> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail on reply 14 August 2012 regarding the status of your postal article: CC201016285JP.

Please be advised that we have a new delivery process wherein we will only 'Redeliver' your parcel if there is a service failure on our part (e.g courier vehicle breakdown, insufficient time to deliver parcels to customer, late processing/scanning of parcels etc.).

Otherwise, after your parcel/s failed delivery to your address after our courier attempt delivery but failed due to other reasons than service lapse on our end (e.g nobody to receive at delivery address, doorbell not working etc.), we will automatically route the parcel to the designated post office where you may collect it within 5 working days from the date it was delivered there (the designated post office wherein you may collect your parcel is indicated in the 'Delivery Advice' to be left behind by our courier). Request for 'Redirection' to another address/post office or 'Redelivery' to your address will correspond to an additional postage fee which you may pay on the designated post office.

If you fail to collect the parcel/s at the designated post office within the 5 working days time frame, the parcel will be transferred to our main office at Paya Lebar and will stay there for an additional 5 working days for you to self collect the parcel. A second 'Reminder Delivery Advice' will be mailed to you (which is specifically for the collection of parcels at our main office at Paya Lebar only) which you will be needing to claim your parcel at our main office. If you still fail to collect your parcel at our main office after 5 working days, your parcel will then be returned to the sender.

Thank you for using SpeedPost. Should you require more information regarding Speedpost products and services, please visit us at www.singpost.com.
Alternatively, you may contact us at our SpeedPost Enquiry Hotline 1800 222 5777. Our customer service officers will be pleased to assist you.

Regards,
Heherson Balao
Customer Service Officer
Contact Centre, Customer Service
Singapore Post Limited

Comments Singapore Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Mar, 2013 by   CNG 0 Votes
I was browing through websits on comments about services provided by Singpost/Speedpost, and encountered this complaint. I am not surprised at all. The same thing happened to me serveral times, and all I get are useless official replies from the customer care. In fact, I have one case still pending, and Speedpost had not been able to locate my item, and no status updates from them. They promised to call back but I am still waiting since last week. To echo the writer, I am a true blue Singaporean and I defintitely do not trust our own "National" postal service. Nowadays given a choice, I will choose to use other service providers such as DHL, even though I may need to pay more. At least their customer service is great, and they deliver in the evening or weekends. Mostly importantly, they provide re-delivery service! I guess they know people need to work for a living, and cannot stay at home to say for deliveries.

Singpost or Speedpost must improve their service
- Need to employ customer service staff that understands us (Singaporeans or Singapore based people), not just to set up a customer care department that sits outside of the country (and cannot differentiate between Pasir Panjang and Pasir Ris)
- Be Service oriented - provide re-delivery, and delivers during after office hours
- Need to improve their own internal correspondences. Whenever we call up custome care, we have to repeat the story all over again.
Also, one customer care person told me "Our mode of contact is via email, we cannot call the courier. that's why it takes awhile for them to response"...what kind of excuse is that?
- Customer care staff should never use fake names - I would not know this but one customer care staff had a slip of the tongue and reveal the real name of his colleague!
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   BHPan1 0 Votes
Hi,

I am just having a very bad experience with SpeedPost now. I shipped a parcel to China on 01 mar 13, expected to deliver by 2 to 4 working days. But till today, my item is no where to locate.
There is no update on tracking wedsite, no return call from hotline as they promised, no reply to my write-in enquiry. Hotline just told me to WAIT and WAIT and WAIT, yes, i am still waiting...
Where is my parcel ?
 15th of Apr, 2013 by   Pingapong 0 Votes
Omg im so worried with my parcel :( its still in singapore. Its been there processing at sorting center for days. Im afraid that itll be lost there. Actually its a replacement of what i bought from an online shop in china. To count all the days that ive waited plus the days im waiting for the replacemnt, its been almost 2 months my gosh :( but if you look at what i ordered it says there ill receive the item in 4 working days. I wont blame the supplier, we two gave so much effort to arrange bout the damaged parcel ge gave me, replace it, and me had to ship back the dmged one, and him had to ship a new one. So frustrating :(
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   Prof Dr Jack Wilson 0 Votes
I absolutely agree with all the complaints. Every service sector in Singapore is fast and efficient and I am amazed how well everything is organized. A major exception is SingPost. Everything is slow, dreadful, and complicated. It is not only that they try to deliver packages during hours when most normal people are working, but then when you want to collect it from the post office the queue is always slow and the service is generally bad and unfriendly. And this is really surprising because other logistics companies are doing so well, such as DHL. They call you to check if you are at home when they deliver or when you call their customer service they directly check for you and arrange redelivery. Try to do that with SpeedPost…
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   Jason 2013 0 Votes
I can only say that SpeedPost has the WORST service ever! It is time that they implement some reforms to improve their services. I now order everything via UPS or DHL even if it cost more. They have a great service and deliver every time on time.
 19th of Apr, 2013 by   ScrewYouSpeedpost 0 Votes
They Lost My Parcel Worth USD440 ..
Its A Limited Edition From Japan ..
What can i say ..SCREW YOU ! Speedpost !
Or You Guys Stole It
Fedex, DHL is better Than you !
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   carinatang 0 Votes
I'm encountering problems with speedpost.
A team leader, name July from speedpost is a total failure!
Planned delivery date should be on 18th April.
But due to heavy deliveries, it's not being delivered at all, making us wait at home for the whole day.
So I called speedpost up and plan for a redelivery on 20th April and they promised me that they will be delivering it to me by 1pm on 20th April for sure.
But it's already 3pm, and there's no use of delivery man at all.
I even gave them all my 3 contact no for speedpost to call me to confirm the timing.
When I called speedpost up an speak to the team leader, Mr July, all he ask me to do is to wait and nothing but to wait, and when I asked him can they give me a better reply, eg. Wait Til what time ? As its Saturday and speed post only deliver till 1pm on Saturday and its already 3+ pm yet Mr July got the cheek to ask me to wait for the whole Saturday for the courier guy?
And worst of all, he don't even want to answer my question and he even sighed when talking to me!
And Hung up my call!!!
It's terrible !
And for your info, if I'm not wrong, Mr July should be another Foreign Talent !
A foreign talent who can't answer our questions and hang up on us!!!
What a terrific job speedpost have done.
Ps: Mr July even told me that there's no one else of higher authority I can speak to from speedpost.
So, a team leader is the highest position in speedpost??!!!
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   Yvette1234 0 Votes
After reading the frustrating comments above, I decided to share my own experience here.

I shipped 6 items from Singapore to Taipei on March 14th via speedpost's surface service which is the sea shipping. I paid 60kg of the charges to the courrier since that's what I ordered online but I specifically told them the items are ligher than 60kg. The service rep said all the items will be reweight in their center on the next day to check if there's any overpay or underpay situation.

Problems
1) Noone calls me to double confirm the weight even though I called three times to the service rep next day. They kept telling me they can't put me through the weighting department but they'll leave note. Still noone calls or email me. I've been contacting the service rep for the next 1 month since I want to get the specific figure of the weight of items. NOBODY IS ABLE TO GIVE ME THE FIGURE. All the reps just keep repeating "WE CAN'T TELL YOU THE WEIGHT BUT WE CAN ASSURE YOU THERE'S NO OVERPAY SITUATION". At some point, I demand them that I need to speak to people in charge of customer service. And the manager said "Oh yeah, you did over-pay. " and said he'll proceed the refund. This is such a joke. It's not about the money they over-charge it's about the attitude that they don't bother to check or make an efforts. Just like everyone said above - there's no ownership, only the useless replies.

I finally got the official apologize from the manager and I appreciated his efforts. Below is the my second concerns

2) According to the tracking # they provided, all 6 items remain "PENDING IN PROCESSING CENTER" ever since I shipped them on March 14th. I double checked the status at least 20 times with the service rep while they simply just said "the items have been dispatched on March 19th. The information on website is wrong but we won't update it before the items reach Taiwan". I haven't received any updates or items of that 6 boxes. The full term for the items to be delivered to taiwan is 21-49 working days and today is roughly the 30 working days; therefore, I'm still trying to be patient about it.

Because of the previous experience, I'm extremely worried my items are still sitting in Singapore or get lost. I don't know how post service works in Singapore but this is truely a very disappointing experience while the cost is not cheap vs. the $$ I paid in Taiwan. I know it's not fair to compare the cost since there's different cost structure but the service/responses of speedpost is indeed very lousy.

I don't care about the refund now. I just want to get an update about my items and receive them ASAP.
 21st of May, 2013 by   carinatang 0 Votes
I've encountered the same problem twice in a month by speedpost!
I'm really saddened by the terrible services provided.
Last month they made us wait for 3 days at home for delivering of my parcel.
And now, there's no delivery advice from speedpost at all yet stated that delivery attempt failed and no response from us since 6th may til date(21st may)!
I'm really very frustrated by the terrible services provided.
There's no delivery advice at all.
No attempt delivery at all.
Yet when we call speedpost hotline, the operator asked me to call speedpost paya lebar branch myself without giving me the no to call at all!!!

14th of Jun, 2013 by   Kingkong89 0 Votes
Speedpost/singpost in worst in the world.

See this http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2011/0325_02_en.html

Notice from Japan EMS website, posted since March 25, 2011. It is still there cause Singpost never improved
 24th of Jun, 2013 by   feezz 0 Votes
Speedpost most definitely, unquestionably, 100% completely sucks.
MY friends have already received their items and mine is still at processing center since last week. Called their customer service centre and all i got were excuses. They were of no help. AT ALL.
 4th of Aug, 2013 by   edmundlim 0 Votes
Speedpost service is deteriorating and I am definitely agree with all the negative feedbacks as the poor service extended to the collection of parcels from corporate customer as well. No informing of customer of non-collections of parcels on almost every bookings that I have made. Excuses such as delivery van has broken down, delivery van is fully loaded etc were given only at the time of compliant made to the supervisor of Speedpost.

And I am wondering as part of a public listed company, what is Singpost going to do about all these complaints? There does not seem to be any improvement in service.

From a extremely disappointed and frustrated customer of Speedpost corporate client.
 14th of Aug, 2013 by   Leslie22 0 Votes
I suspect they didn't even attempt my delivery last month but just simply say,
"delivery attempt no one home "
"go collect the parcel yourself at post office"
Loads of bullshit speed post ems
 22nd of Nov, 2013 by   devastater 0 Votes
Ordered couple of items from Amazon. EVERYTIME encounter problem with speedpost. Online tracking shows delivery attempt fails, and item was delivered to some far away post office. They didn't even leave a physical note. Where the hell do I know where to collect my item if I don't go online and check? Forget about the customer service. There is no way to talk to a human through the phone hotline. F...cking lousy.
 11th of Dec, 2013 by   SpeedPost Customer 0 Votes
What with my parcel, suddenly at Singapore and Today Failed to Delivery.
December is holiday for student and 3 of my landlord kids at home.
 11th of Dec, 2013 by   SpeedPost Customer 0 Votes
What happened with my parcel, suddenly at Singapore and Today Failed to Delivery.
December is holiday for student and 3 of my landlord kids at home.

27th of Dec, 2013 by   AnneGil 0 Votes
I trust speed post singapore to receive my parcel in the philippines on time, i hope singapore speedpost can also communicate to other branch around the world, to make sure our packages will safe, we trust your company, we spent big money to make sure our packages is safe, until now my family waiting for my package that supposedly delivered yesterday,
 28th of Dec, 2013 by   AnneGil 0 Votes
Plus ur giving us contact # but nobody tried to anwer my calls, i have 4 contact #s but nobody answer, whats for we pay big money for your services if you will not delivered our parcel on time? Whats for your giving us contact numbers if nobody answer to our freakin' calls? This is my first and last i trust your company, i will not trust your services anymore.
 6th of Mar, 2014 by   Peeve 0 Votes
Yes I agree. There's no QC on the people they employ. They should change their name to Snailpost. 1st delivery, 28 Feb I was at home with my gate opened, left at 1935 and found an advice on the floor with time 1915. Redelivery on Tue. Came at 3pm so I was not at home, left an advice, went to pop station but the parcel was not there, wasted my effort. Called and tracked that the parcel went back to the warehouse. Asked for redelivery again today, waited from 345 pm till 6plus. Deliberately lowered my TV volume so that I can hear the door bell and my gate was opened. At 1838 went to check, another advice left at my door stating time 1836! Ran down but couldn't see any trucks or vehicle of any kind. Called them immediately then they said server down for another hour and will call me back. Waited for 2 hours and called. Had to wait for 30minutes on hold and singpost customer service officer answered, said speedpost staff have left! Yes they are liars! We'll see how tomorrow turns out as I am asking them to redeliver just because they are so INCOMPETENT!
 21st of Apr, 2014 by   zer09er 0 Votes
These people need to stop being complacent..At all costs. My electric guitar that I have ordered from Japan was scheduled to reach me today so I created the time..all but in vain.

Warning: Don't Take a Chance with Illegal Downloads