SpeakWrite

Posted:

Stay away

3.55
SpeakWrite
After working for SpeakWrite LLC for a few weeks, I quickly realized that the company was run by a *** nepotistic family bent on doing things their way or no way, whether it was appropriate or not, legal or not. The family got away with murder while any other employee had to tiptoe around "the family" for fear of being fired. I got fired after a few months for "being on Twitter while on the job", which was part of my marketing job anyway! I didn't receive a single warning, a single write-up, nothing to let me know that anything I was doing was unacceptable. On Friday, April 8, 2010, I was "let go" in the afternoon (surprisingly) the same week I helped launch their new service (surprise, surprise). Yes, I was looking for a new job, but never did I do it "while on Twitter" or "on company time". Not only was it the most toxic environment to ever work in, but I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet for anything! Bad work practices (probably illegal too), bad firing practices, bad people!!! Don't do business or work with SpeakWrite LLC in Austin Texas... bad!
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
More SpeakWrite Complaints & Reviews
SpeakWrite - Deceptive Business Practices [2]

Comments

12th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
Unfortunately, if a person is not covered by a contract, in a right to work state, as I believe Texas is, employers can fire employees for anything including but not limited to one too many tattoos or the way a person parts their hair. I'm curious how they determined you were on twitter. If you were an independent contractor, then you should have had a contract because you weren't suppose to be speakwrite's direct hire--meaning an employee. As an independent contractor, no one who pays a contractor's fees or charges can tell the contractor when, what, where, how, why the work is to be performed. If they do that, they are in violation of the law and the IRS will require all taxes be paid by the employer and possibly other monies as well.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree