logo

GLD Myscore
Unauthorized charges / false advertising
4. (34 mins ago)
BeBodySmart/Shahzad Paul Ph.D.
order has still be sent...
5. (36 mins ago)

malpractice

Sono Bello
Scottsdale, Arizona
sonobellophoenix.com
First, the doctor I chose when I booked what was supposed to be 'Smart Lipo' was not the doctor that was there to perform it. The front desk girls assured me he was good. Then they were running behind schedule because the girl before me was having a bad reaction to the drugs. When I was being prepared I asked for something for nausea to prevent that from happening to me. Dr. Gael De Rouin suggested I just to it with out pain medicine.

At the last minute the nurse brought me a pill and said, "you are going to need it." By then they were rushing me on the table before the pill kicked in. They turned on the tumeric machine and began pumping it in so fast I could feel my skin being ripped from my body. I begged him to slow down the machine. He ignored me. The nurse finally turned it down and held my hand as I felt every bit of horrific pain. I still have nightmares. Dr. DeRouin ruined my stomach. He rushed through and just made a mess. Now I have a deformed abdomen. He over corrected in some spots and under in others. I wish I still had the pooch now. Now I have no choice but do seek a way to fix this mess.
Comments United States Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Apr, 2012 by   rhonda42 0 Votes
Dear Arizona
Oh my god your doctor and my doctor went to the same school.The same thing happened to me in 2010. My surgeon started operating on me before the medication could start working, . He placed the gas mask on my neck but never used it . Doctor Shideler (of Sacramento Sonobello) started operating on me before the pain medication took effect. The pain was horrific. I yelled at Doctor Shideler to stop. I told him that I was felling everything and that he was hurting me. He just continued working and smiling. The pain that I experienced is something that I'll never forget. It felt like a rake was under my skin ripping me apart. I kept yelling at him to stop.My stomach is deformed like yours and there is area's he forgot to do. If you compare sides, one side is larger then the other. They said that the skin will tighten but it never happened.
The cost to fix his errors will cost me roughly $15, 000 to $20, 000 dollars. That doesn't even include the mental harm he did.
I THINK WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND SUIT . They need to be stopped and I'm serious.
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   HorrifiedinScottsdale 0 Votes
I agree with both of you and had a horrific experience at Sono Bello in Scottsdale, AZ. Everyone I met with prior to surgery explained that I would be awake and feel a tugging sensation. During the procedure while my upper abs were being worked on, that statement was true, I felt tugging with no pain. When the doctor moved to my lower abs, I felt excruciating pain and told her so she could numb the area. Her reply was, "you're suppose to feel pain". I was shocked and said to her, "this is unbearable, I can feel burning and sharp stabbing". She then said if I did not stop complaining she would stop the procedure. Being half sedated, I remember thinking, if she stops now, what will my body look like? I endured levels of pain that are clearly inhumane and unecessary. Especially when the surgeon is performing cosmetic elective procedures that are being paid in full by the patient. As responsible consumers, you are correct in stating, "They need to be stopped...". I have not figured out the correct coarse of action to take for retribution and exposure of this practice. I certainly welcome reasonable and professional advice.
 2nd of Jun, 2013 by   Sam C Austin 0 Votes
Please read this before going to Sono Bella. This is not good. I am 41 year old male. I do not drink, smoke or do drugs. I had gained some weight. In 2012 I went to Sono Bella to get a kick start to the body I had several years ago. I met with Bailey. Great lady. She told me that if I could pinch it, they could suck it out. I wanted to get rid of the fat on my chest. She also talked me into getting my upper and lower abs also. I had a low BMI I met with Dr Pittman- Waller. She reassured me that she would get rid of my boobies, fat on my lower and upper abs. 1st procedure Sept. 2012. The nurses and Dr Pittman were great. After the procedure Dr. Pittman called to see how I was. My swelling was not even and it looked like I had more fat on my left side of my abs, right side of my chest was large and the shelf below my belly button was still there. I did look a little flatter. I was confused because it seem like I still had considerable fat on my chest and abs left. No one said it looked right. 1st check up. Dr Pittman said it looked great. My right side of my chest was larger and Knots were forming. I showed her a big fat lump on my left ab area . Right side of rounded left side fatty squared. And my shelf on my lower abs was still there. She said it was all swelling and it would go away. She told me I needed to rub those areas and they would go away. Month check up. Everyone says it looks awful. I am embarrassed. I wore my support garments 20 hours out of the day. By Dec. my right side of my chest was much larger than my left. Peers at work would stop me to see what was wrong with my chest. I had formed long horizontal dense tissue in my right side of my chest. I met with my regular doctor, Dr Geyer. He also said that it was an awful job and sent me to ARA for a sonogram and Xrays. It showed horizontal lines of dense tissue. The affects of surgery. I went back to Pitman Because I trusted her and asked what I should do. I asked her if I should go to another surgeon? She said she would take care of it. In Jan. she made an incision under my right areola and cut out lines of dense tissue.(Yes, she cut them out) Now, the areola on my right side is permanently stretched because of the scar on the base of it is much lower than my left side because of less fat in my lower chest. It dimples when I lift my arm. I have scar tissue now. I look more deformed. At my 6th months I look nothing like the pics on their site and no one beside Sono Bella says it looks good. I made an appointment with Dr, Pittman she said she would meet with me. When I got there they told me she wouldn't meet with me. I could hear her in the next room. I met with a Dr Lauren Crawford. She was rude and short with me from the start. I showed her the clump of fat on my left ab, my shelf below my belly button, one flabby breast and the other one with a larger areola and lower. She said that they only can take 70% of the fat. I asked why they don't have that on the web. She could answer that. I asked why then did Bailey say that if I could pinch it ya'll could suck it out and why did Dr Pittman agree? She could not answer that. She told me I don't know what a flat stomach or a flat chest looks like and then I showed her pictures of me. Stumped her again. I even offered to walk over to Central Market with her and have people Say if you did a get good job or not. She said, "NO" She got mad. While a nurse was in the room she told me I come in all the time and sexually harass the nurses with my derogatory remarks and that she had gotten many complaints about me. (I'm gay. If she actually spoke to Dr Pittman or Bailey or the other nurses, she would know this) I told her this has ended and that I was going to get a second opinion From a Dr. Cameron in Westlake. Pissed, she said, "fine, I will redo your procedure", Picked up my file and left. The nurse asked me if I wanted to schedule another appointment. I said, "she just accused me of sexually harassing the nurses and now that I am going to get a second opinion she is going to redo the procedure?" I did not. I met with Dr Cameron and he said it was a bad procedure. It would cost me over $6000 to redo what Sono bella has messed up. He does not recommend going in my right side of my chest for a 3rd time. I am permanently damaged. I will not be able to take my shirt off again. So If you would like to meet in a public place, I will give you a disc of all the pictures that sono bella took of me( a very nice nurse gave them to me). You will see that I have done my part to lose weight. The pics will show my sides and back are smaller. You will also get a copy my second opinion dated this May 2013 from Doctor Cameron and copies of my xrays with all my paper work. And I will show you in person what they have done.
 28th of Feb, 2014 by   niki ledrew 0 Votes
Oh my!
I am a middle age woman who has always remained active and taken care of my body.I recently lost both parents, and struggling with depression.I went to a Dr and took care of this.Howevere in the intern gained weight and now really struggle to get rid of it>(most in the tummy area)..I researched this procedure and thought seriously getting some work done.
After reading these comments and com paints I decided I will live with what I got and be thankful!

Thank you for sharing...
 3rd of May, 2014 by   Barb W. 0 Votes
I have tried every diet and pill known to man and have never been able to keep off the weight. I went on line to the Sono Bello web site and actually clicked on "chat with us" and ask a staff member some questions. I told her the ad on the website said each area was $1, 249. She said I had to do 3 areas for that but I have 3 areas I could have done so that wasn't a problem. Then I told her how much I weighed and she never said that each area would now be a lot more than the $1, 249. I set up an appointment for January 31, 2014. When I went in everyone was very nice. April Peck was the staff member I talked to. She told me I weighed too much to have any Liposuction done and would have to lose weight and that each area would be $3, 000 if i did have any done because my BMI was too high. I had asked about having my stomach, upper arms and neck worked on, April told me I could have "Venus Legacy Sculpt" on my upper arms because it isn't a surgery it didn't matter how much my BMI was. I ask her if the procedure could really get rid of the fat on my arms and she said "yes, we can get rid of it." I was very excited.My arms are very large and so I only wear long sleeved or 3/4 length sleeve clothes. They didn't have an opening until2 weeks later for me to come in for my first treatment. The day i was supposed to go, just one hour before I was to leave, I got a call telling me I couldn't come in because I hadn't seen the doctor yet. They had told me that I would need to see a doctor but I supposed that they would schedule that before my first procedure. They made me feel like it was my fault for not having already seen the doctor. I was glad they called before I left because I am a 50 minute drive away.So then they didn't have an opening for another 2 weeks. I finally got to my first appointment and only saw the doctor for 2-3 minutes. Why couldn't they have done that when I had my first appointment scheduled? My appointments went fine but there weren't ever any results. I was supposed to have 8 procedures and I had been told they would do 9 because I had to wait so long to get in after my first consultation. But I only got 8 and maybe there is a 1/2 inch difference in my arms when I expected 3 to 4 inches to be gone on each arm. I had drank lots more water and was exercising my arms to help them. They took pictures in the beginning and in the end. All I see is a little of the skin tightening which was supposed to happen.I was told I should see more results in the next 2 or 3 months. I can come back for more treatments at 5 for $1, 000.When I said I was getting the results I expected, April said I could have the Liposuction on my arms for $7, 000. What was different now? I hadn't lost any weight which they said I would have to do and before I was told $3, 000 would be the cost They are definitely in it for the money and not to help people achieve a healthier body. I am very disappointed in the results and the fact that I was lied to about what results could be achieved with the "Venue Legacy Sculpt" procedure.

Driving Cross Country for Free