logo

Nissan Murano transfer case
Problems with Transfer case
5. (32 mins ago)
Flowers 1-800-770-7404/FTDfloristsonline.com
no delivery, waiting on refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sonic Drive In, Tallahassee Complaints & Reviews - payroll

Sonic Drive In Contacts & Informations

Sonic Drive In

Posted:    perfer not to say

payroll

sonic drive in
1510 north monroe street
Phone: 850-6563267
i have been working for this company for 8 years and i omly recieved a wage of 8.80 after sitting down with the supervisor and filling out an by company policy 6 month review so after that i thought i had recieved an raise to 9.00 an hour by=ut recently just out of curiousty i looked up my payrate in their system and found out that i never recieved my raise but it is on my check stub as 9.00 but the gross amount on each pay check that i recently recieved meaning i have a 9.00 an hour pay rate that i'm not recieving how do i do something about this situation
Comments United States Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Mar, 2009 by   Brittney,Dakota, and Maddies Mommy 0 Votes
Call the labor board...
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   TREHILL 0 Votes
I WORK AT SONIC IN MESA, A.Z I WAS HIRED ON AT 7.50 AN HOUR. MY CHECK STUB SAY I ONLY MAKE 7.20 AN HOUR, THE MANAGER SAID HE WOULD FIX IT, BUT EVERY CHECK HAS BEEN SHORT FOR THE 4 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN WORKING THEIR. THE MANAGER HAS TO GIVE ME THE DIFFERANCE OUT OF THE CASH REGISTER. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SONIC PAYROLE? AM I GETTING CHEATED OUT OF MONEY?
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   DHB 0 Votes
Just out of curiosity, Prefer Not To Say, are you aware that under corporate policies it is against the terms of your employment to access the computer system. Also, are you aware that it is called "Invasion of Privacy" to access payroll information considering that others' payroll information is also available from the same place where you obtained your information? I would assume, basing my assumption from what you did, that you are some type of manager or shift leader considering that you were able to access the computer, which is normally password protected by social security number and personal password. If you are not a person in management, I do sincerely hope that your GM doesn't find this posting because you would be fired for this for sure. I am saying this as a regional supervisor for a southern based Sonic franchise group. I do really hope that you don't work for us considering that if I discover who you are I will handle this issue personally.

I am truly sorry that you did not receive your raise. If I were you, I wouldn't have gone snooping. I would have checked out my pay stub to obtain my payrate instead of breaking the law. Had you discovered it this way, I would have then gone back to your supervisor with appropriate documentation of the error (e.g. the check-stub) and requested the raise or found out what the deal was. Most employers are accommodating to employee concerns and would tell you what is going on.
 18th of May, 2010 by   crystal coast +1 Votes
unfrotunley, i feel that the responce is exactly how sonic franchise treats employees. cold hearted, no compassion, and leaves theyre employees to figure out a way on how to protect themselves. the store where i was employed is a big fat joke. and not one corporate repensetive, nor the owner had any intrest in getting down to the heart of the issue or even tried to address the hardships his staff was going thru. as long as sonic makes its money and can open and close then who cares about the issues going on on the inside. The sonic where i worked, there is personal relations with management and cooks, the management is is horded by family relatives. the four top highest managers are all related in a discusting way. they allow the entire staff to look at the payroll while they are the one to plug in the codes and allow this, they allow staff to smoke weed as long as they dont smell like it when they clock back in, the store managers husband is allowed to come inside the store and harass the employees and he works for time warner cable. i have worked numerous shifts with this going on and have witnessed her husband in the kitchen cooking! only the managements children are allowed inside the store. when the store managers son has been sick, she brings him to work and set up a cot where we keep all our inventory and lets him watch disney movies on our security camera t.v. babies have been carried into the kitchen to see what they want to eat ( asst. managers baby) and another asst. managers had her daughters in the kitchen making theyre food ages 10 and 14. drinking liquer while working, sexual favors in the bathrooms, and walk in. my boyfriend at the time had been harassed by the same store management when i worked there to have sexual favors pressed on him, and he quit. the list goes on and on. i have witness a cook stripping down naked and getting in the sink and yes there were pictures. it seems that sonic does more battling to fight the reputation they have so honestly earned around here. so since there is a possiblity that a regional supervisor for a southern sonic franchise might look at this comment, i pray and hope you discover this north carolina, crystal coast chain and do something about it personally. but i highly doubt it, it would make you the first person to aknowldge any of these issues insted of calling or bashing the person putting information out into the open.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   harleyquinharley 0 Votes
DHP are YOU aware that by law sonic is required to give check stub reporting information to all employees? It is NOT illegal in the least to access your own payroll information and if Sonic had any intelligence or gave a darn about their employees or activities at their stores they would have easier access to information and complaint resolution measures in place. They would also train managers etc how to answer questions instead of not caring or not knowing. Understood that certain personnel do not have access to the computer system, but in most instances I have seen firsthand at many of the stores in the Oklahoma area, no one cares about much of anything. Judging by my daughters personal experience of working for Sonic for 2 years plus, and the complaints online I would have to agree with the largest majority of their complaints. It is ridiculous what I have seen and heard at various stores, it is even more ridiculous to try and get anyone at corporate to do what they are supposed to. The IRS requires you to be responsible for your own witholding on you payroll checks to be sure it is correct. That is impossible to do with no check stubs. It is impossible to see if you are even being paid correctly, and that is illegal. I have suggested a class action lawsuit in Oklahoma to several of the employees for labor law violations etc. Sonic IS AMERICAS MODERN DRIVE IN and I mean MODERN. Rip off, shuffle the blame, lie, cheat steal etc. It is NOT what was originally meant to be AMERICAN by far. I hate the majority of the kids I know working for them once I have truly learned how things are run and that is from the car hops to the Corporate office. Hidden camera show for this company could make a world of changes. I am a professional in several fields and have never seen the likes of the way these stores are run. While I am sure there must be some that are run correctly, I have yet to witness it. And I have witnessed things at more than a handful of stores. I agree with crystal coast completely. This is exactly the kind of treatment you get from Sonic. I know first hand. My daughter unfortunately will not quit while in college to get her degree and it burns me up, she has a much higher standard of loyalty and perserverance than who she works for by far.
 8th of Oct, 2011 by   DHB 0 Votes
After seeing the issues that you seem to be dealing with in your respective areas, I would say that you would have to take all that up with the franchisee. I will say, harleyquinharley, that our territory is operated by the book None of these goings on take place in our locations because we terminate for issues of this magnitude. You also misconstructed what I have said about payroll information due to the fact that you have very little knowledge of how the payroll system at Sonic Drive-In's operate. I won't delve completely into it. Basically, it would require that you access the payroll information on all employees to find your own information. The proper procedure to be followed when accessing protected information, including your own, is to request the appropriate access instead of going about finding it yourself. Technically, Sonic maintains and "open-door" policy for problem resolution with employees. According to the employment handbook, which is given to each employee upon employment, you are granted access to your own file minus any private file notations made by the partner/GM. I am aware of what federal law dictates is relation to employment matters and filing standards. Files and payroll information are to be kept under lock and key. Reason being: if you were working for a company that allowed free access to records files could be invaded by those whom you wouldn't want to know about your private situation and potentially stolen. Your social security number is also present on many documents. We can add the potential for identity theft to the list now. Being an "expert" on these subject areas, you must understand that the quality of employees often found in a drive-in or fast food restaurant is not that of what you would see in even a semi-professional office setting. Most of these people will lie, cheat, and steal to get whatever they feel that they are owed from us. We give people jobs, treat them fairly, and hope they return us the favor where I come from. Obviously you have never visited the south, as things are done a little differently down here. We aren't backward or homey, we are nice. Lastly, access to business computer systems at Sonic is strictly limited to those with proper clearance. Our employees agree to this policy when they sign on for the job. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, including termination of employment, and possible legal action against the violator. Payroll data is private. Check stubs are required to be distributed accordingly and that was never the debate. The entire point was that if you have to enter the drive-in's payroll system to discover your pay rate, there are two problems: 1. You aren't being treated fairly by the management, and 2. you violated a rule that you agreed to follow upon offer of employment. And please don't lump us all into the same basket. We aren't all horrible to work for. P.S. If I had any associations or knowledge of who the franchise owners in these situations were, I would do what I could to help. But, I don't possess that knowledge. That isn't the type of information that Sonic Corporate feels the need to freely allow access to, much like the payroll data.
 21st of Nov, 2013 by   helen4312 -1 Votes
I work at a sonic making $4 an hour plus tips. Due to the location I only made $20 on a good day. They over worked me and I was only part time. I worked 81 hours and only received a flat $200 pay check because they reported that I made $300 in tips within a 2 week period which was not true. What can I do about this?
 21st of Nov, 2013 by   Champion of Logic 0 Votes
"What can I do about this?"

Find a different job that meets your needs.
 11th of Mar, 2014 by   calli farris 0 Votes
i use to work for sonic in elgin texas and i cant seem to find the login area where you check your paycheck stubs. i have paperwork thats due by today.

Fight Back Against Identity Theft