logo

FRAUDE Y ESTAFA

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sonic Drive In, Sulphur, Louisiana Complaints & Reviews - Charge for water!

Sonic Drive In Contacts & Informations

Sonic Drive In

Posted:    Bobby Dehoyos

Charge for water!

Sonic Drive in
On Ruth St.
Sulphur, Louisiana
My wife and I were eating there and she had a water with her meal. She finished her water and wanted some more. Being the nice guy that I am, I got out of my truck and brought inside my wifes cup for a refill on water. Some little punk under age supervisor told me he would not refill my wifes cup with water and told me to go back to my car. I said I still want some water for my wife. He said he would have one of the girls bring it to me. I said ok. She brings it to me with a TICKET for 30 cents plus tax.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jul, 2008 by   Ken 0 Votes
i work at sonic, your paying for the cup loser, not the water.
 12th of Jul, 2008 by   Megan 0 Votes
Yeah...i work at sonic too and you are paying for the cup, but they shouldn't charge you 30 cents for it. It's only supposed to be 11 cents, but refills on water are free...
 17th of Jul, 2008 by   kim 0 Votes
Wow... I work at Sonic also (located in South West Ohio) but we never ever charge for refills on water, sodas, teas, or slushes. I just can't believe that someone would be that rude to tell you to go to your car like that.
 17th of Jul, 2008 by   kimberely stockholm 0 Votes
LMFAO KEN! Why dont you RE-Read it dumb ass He said he Brought HIS CUP IN... ummmm they should not charge for a cup he already has...duhhhhhh
 1st of Aug, 2008 by   gvm 0 Votes
First of all, you are being charged for your cup, not the water. Secondly, it is now considered a health code violation to refill a drink in the cup that has already been drank out of. why? i'm not sure...i don't make the rules, but i've worked at 3 restaurants, being servers at all, and we were told to ALWAYS bring fresh glasses (or cups in this case), not refill the empty one, though, many didn't comply with this. I am currently a car-hop at a sonic, this is why i know this. And lastly, just buzz in if you need a refill. Generally, a well-managed sonic would not charge you for refills on water alone. Customers are not supposed to walk into a strictly drive-in place, hence the name, unless otherwise notified or it is a dine-in sonic.
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Sarah 0 Votes
refills on waters are not free...sonic does not offer refills, it is against health code regulations to bring an already used cup back into the building and refill it because of cross contamination. and u are paying for the cup not the drink. and it depends on what sonic you go to on what u get charged, the sonic in parkville missouri it is 27 cents.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   Shannon 0 Votes
Everyone is right on the health code subject.

No one is supposed to enter the building at all, except for employee's.

Also, if we kept having people drive up and ask for a refill on a day old cup (as some do) we would have to charge MORE!!!

I know some Sonic's do refills, but the one I work at doesn't. It's up to the working Partner. Would you want some liars to come and get "refills" on their drinks, while every time they do it's 15 cents out of your pocket? That also effects raises for employees.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   nik 0 Votes
Why would you have to pay for the cup? Is it because it's styrofoam?
 21st of Jun, 2009 by   Katie_Charleston, SC 0 Votes
First of all, its 30 cents, get over it. You're probably the same person that comes into dine in restaurants and thinks it's perfectly fine not to tip. Hand the woman a few coins and go on with your day. She didn't write the policy and she doesn't get paid enough to put up with your bull.
Secondly, you don't walk into a drive in. It's just like walking into the kitchen at your dine in restaurant and waving your cup around wanting a refill. You'll get told the same thing: Go back to your seat and wait for your server. Besides, ever wondered why your server never picks up your glass off the table and takes it back to the kitchen for a refill? It's not because they love to do dishes. The restaurant would be violating health codes if they took the cup out of your hand and refilled it, and I don't know about you, but I would rather pay 30 cents for a cup then eat at a restaurant with health code violations.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   DHB 0 Votes
You have to pay for the cup because it is a health code violation, to be read: against the law, to refill a previously used cup. Any item which has left the drive-in's interior is considered to be previously used. Since it is previously used, we must select a new cup which we must pay for. It falls under an account called "paper cost". The partner in charge of the drive-in, or the owner, keeps a close check on paper cost, food cost, etc. and if the line items are too high, the management is chastised or fired depending on who you work for or the circumstances.

Oh, and before you ask, the reason it is against health code to refill a previously used glass or dish is because food-born illness has had the opportunity to infect the cup, plate, fork, etc. If the piece was to come in contact with another and did have some type of illness on the piece, then it would have potential to be transferred to the new cups, plates, etc. and infect someone else.

The sonic drive-in's i supervise also charge $0.30 per cup, lid and straw. You get them as a set. The operational handbook for Sonic dictates that all cups are to be served with a lid and straw, so you are paying for all three.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   sacredlife323 -1 Votes
just fyi i just went to a sonic and was charged for a water with my meal even though the meal comes with a "soft drink.' but "water is not classified as a soft drink".. i would understand if i just ordered a water by itself, but i didnt i ordered a meal that comes with a drink water does not cost no where near as much as a freakin soda. come on people

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States