logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Hobby King
I did not recieve the product
2. (21 mins ago)
Himalayan Cat Purchase
Barbara Redalia of Tuleburg Cattery
3. (23 mins ago)
Aqua Texas Inc
This is the worst water company I have ever had the displeasure of being forced to use
4. (26 mins ago)
Reliable Credit Servers
Bogus or SCAM
5. (42 mins ago)
ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India
Money2india: read this before you use the service!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

solar panels Complaints & Reviews - Will not deal with them again

solar panels Contacts & Informations

solar panels

Posted: 2011-04-05 by    Gillian Saunders

Will not deal with them again

Solar Panels
We signed a contract with Florida Solar to install 6 solar panels on our roof to heat our pool. The contract was signed on April 28, 2007 and they did not install the panels within the 7-10 days promised in the contract. We paid them a check of $2000 deposit and they cashed it right away.

We have been lied to and the people at Florida Solar have avoided our calls and not returned messages. When we finally got in touch with them after the 7-10 day window, we said we wanted a firm date when the panels would be installed, or we wanted our money back. On Friday, May 11th, the sales person told us that the owner himself committed to make sure the panels are installed no later than Tuesday May 15th, 2007. The owner left my husband a message stating that he wanted to make sure that the sales person relayed his message to us that they panels would be installed by Tuesday.

Tuesday May 15th rolled around and the panels did not get installed. The Florida Solar scheduler called and left a message on our answering machine but said nothing about why they weren't installing the panels that day. She just said that the panels would be installed sometime in the next few days and they'd call us back to let us know when. At that point, my husband and I both left messages yet again with the sales person, the customer service rep, and the owner.

The person that finally called us back was Jack, the Sales Manager. He argued on the phone with me for a half hour while I demanded my money back. He had no good explanation as to why the panels were not installed by the Tuesday that the owner promised. He refused to give the money back and said he would talk to the owner and call back the next morning with a final answer.

The next morning Jack and the customer service rep, Jennifer, called my husband and argued with him for a half hour. They had not indicated that they had ever spoken to the owner about our issue, and they continued to refuse to give our money back. It is now May 31, 2007 and we still have not heard back from them. I left a message last week with the owner and he did not return my call.

Over the period of the last month since we signed the contract, my husband and I have left countless messages on the voicemails of the scheduler, the sales person, the customer service representative and the owner. We only had our calls returned twice.

On May 16, 2007 we sent Florida Solar a certified letter stating that the terms of our contract were not met by them and we wanted our $2000 back. We stated we would take further action, including formal complaints and legal action if we did not hear back from them. We have not heard back from them since they received our letter.

I will not go into great detail of what they have said on the phone and what their conduct has been, except to say that they have been rude, have tried to avoid talking to us, have outright lied to us, have treated us as if we do not matter as customers and have been unethical. I have never had such a bad experience with another company before. I am so disappointed not only that I can't get my money back, but to see that there is such a dishonest company out there potentially preying on other consumers. They owe me my $2000 back because they did not live up to their contract and have not provided their goods/service. At this point, I am left to pursue this in court.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2014 by   Espe Pelayo 0 Votes
I agree once they have everything they won't lesson or try to understand the concerns and it make the consumer mad when they snob you. I'm sure they understand your concerns but they just don't want to deal with you. Mine is in regard to health and wellness. They knew about the pigeon problem in Eastvale but just don't care about getting done. Hay we are your customer paying a lease monthly and still paying Edson. We are paying the same as if we didn't have the panels. Yes I agree with all of these complaints, they need to seek out legal opinions. Or Class Action Against these type of unethical service. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Investment Scams