logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
2. (1 mins ago)
ACS Inc USA
Scammers
5. (10 mins ago)
TraderXP.com
Multiple denied withdrawl request, after stating I was approved by phone.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Sofa Mart

Posted:    CarD18

Terrible customer service

Sofa Mart
I am shocked at the salesman's apathy. When arriving in the store, I was not greeted, I looked around at coffee and end tables and in doing so, located the salesman sitting on a couch, talking to another person, who was not a customer. I asked him for a set of coffee/end tables in the $300.00 price range, he said that they did not offer any product in that price range. I told him that I had checked online and found the product on the sales floor. He then got up and said "Show me" while laughing.

The problem is that I continued to try and "Make the Sale" although the sales person could have cared less. I purchased the item and went to pick it up. It was defective. I told the sales person and he said another will be shipped and will arrive in the next two weeks. I was never told anything concerning delivery other than "at the most, two weeks". The sale was done in a hurry since I was with a relative who had a vehicle large enough for the product and did not want to waste their time, it was why I did so much prior research. Also, I did not want to bother the sales person any further than possible.

Actually, while typing up the order he complained about his typing abilities and led me to believe that he was "bothered" by filling out the form. I stated that I was a great typist and could do it for him if it would help. He said, "that would be nice", I told him to go ahead as I could wait.

I called today 12/22/2009 and was told by the sales person that it was not on the truck and he didn't know when the product would arrive. I stated that he knew this was for Christmas and he said "there were no guarantees", today was the first time I had heard this. I told him I wanted my money back and he said, Ok, come and get it, although, it will be mailed from corporate. I told him I was shocked at his apathy, he did not care. The irony of it all.

I finally figured out that writing this letter is probably a waste of my time as it is not their problem. It is mine for having decided to buy a product from this company after being treated so indifferent. I am planning on purchasing all new furniture for my home this spring, including mattresses, etc. I know now I can bypass this store altogether.

I did call the store to complain only to find out that the sales person was the manager. I called their supervisor with no results. I tried filling out the online complaint form multiple times and it would not allow me to type in my complaint.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Beware of Free Land Scam