logo

Texas Holdem Poker
chips stolen
2. (22 mins ago)
Royal Elite
Misrepresentation at Sandos Royal Elite (SCAM)
3. (27 mins ago)
SMALL BUSINESSES BEWARE OF LFG

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Snap for mOBILE Complaints & Reviews - Placed subscription charge on cell phone bill not ordered

Snap for mOBILE Contacts & Informations

Snap for mOBILE

Posted: 2012-03-31 by    Makitright

Placed subscription charge on cell phone bill not ordered

Exclaim Mobility
Seems the same company that has numerous complaints about Pictavision unauthorized charges placed on cell phones now is using Snap for Mobile. I do not use social media, which apparently this is for, but found it on my AT&T wireless bill. Lucky I caught it with only 2 months charges. The AT&T rep refunded and blocked. I will certainly check my bill closer in the future as these 3rd party charges can be snakes in the grass.
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Snap for mOBILE complaints
Snap for mOBILE - unauthorized charges

Comments

29th of Sep, 2012 by   hc257 0 Votes
Mine is $5.99 for over 6 months and got credit for only 2 months. I don't even know there are apps for dumb phone (not a smart phone, but an old flip phone), how to access app screen and buy it. Very furious.
 18th of Oct, 2012 by   Notthemomma 0 Votes
This company sends you a text with a button labeled "cancel", but it really is button that accepts the service. It is theft and fraud. It happened to me twice. Now I have all mobile purchases requiring a pin number, on all phones, thanks to these criminals. Law enforcement in this area is horrible.
 12th of Jul, 2013 by   Jewel_bug 0 Votes
I received. A text message informing me that my subscription to Snap Mobile had been renewed. There was a link at the end of the text to view my purchases. I had never heard of this app and, as I found out, I had been charged for over two months of service. I am an unhappy AT&T customer at the moment.
 25th of Mar, 2014 by   joey13fsu 0 Votes
two and a half years I got screwed. Thats $180 wasted. AT&T gave me a $25 credit when I complained, but it's still theft by this "snap" company in my book, and AT&T is an accomplice.
 15th of Aug, 2014 by   Matttttt 0 Votes
automatically signed up on my son's non data phone, difficult to cancel through my smart phone, required a call (and hold wait time), to have the $9.99 service (that is neither used or requested) discontinued.
 15th of Aug, 2014 by   Matttttt 0 Votes
Snap for mobile, automatically
signed up on my son's non data phone, difficult to cancel through my
smart phone, required a call (and hold wait time), to have the $9.99
service (that is neither used or requested) discontinued.
 16th of Sep, 2014 by   Vernella 0 Votes
I have had two separate phones on my plan that were "signed" up for Snap for Mobile, one of which is not a Smart phone. ATT was gracious in quickly refunding the $9.99 charge each time, and cancelling the service.
As I have not personally encountered the app and/or link that people get that signs them up for automatic billing on their mobile account, I am curious to know more details. If anyone recalls what they were sent originally that initiated the monthly billing charges, please make a note here so I can keep an eye out in the future.
In the meantime, I have locked down all phones on my plan for any mobile charges without my approval.

Can I Afford This House?