logo

Texas Holdem Poker
chips stolen
2. (22 mins ago)
Royal Elite
Misrepresentation at Sandos Royal Elite (SCAM)
3. (27 mins ago)

Posted:    Derrick

items not received

smokingeverwhere
smokingeverywhere.com
I bought some items from this company, (e-cigarettes) while I was on holiday in Florida
They are e cigarettes, they give you your nicotine fix where ever you cant smoke
I bought them in the Florida Mall, Orlando
They didnt have any filters and the only place I could get them was online
I placed my order ($213 worth)
I paid for them, using Paypal
I asked them to let me know when they were sent out
The money was taken from my account
I never got a reply
I never got my order
I raised a dispute using Paypal, it was found in my favour and they paid me a full refund
I previously asked about becoming an affiliate in the UK
I never got a reply from them
I never got any emails from them
Their products are very good, but their internet service is abysmal
I dont know if they have any staff at their HQ, the phones never get answered and calls left on their answer machines never returned (I did call while I was in Florida and in the UK)
If anyone buys any products from them online, use Paypal, you have a degree of protection then and if you dont get your order, you will at least get your money back
I bought the products in the Florida Mall, I cant get any more filters for them (unless I can find another seller)
I paid over $300 for the 2 units (my wife has 1 )
I would like to continue using them
Does anyone know where to get these filters from ?
I am now back in the UK
Comments United States Tobacco Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2008 by   scamhater 0 Votes
First I will say, that I use an e-cigarette and the concept is a solid one. I enjoy using my e-cigarette: I like the flavor more than regular cigarettes and I like the choices of nicotine strengths. They are less expensive than regular cigs. They are also cleaner and not a fire hazard like regular cigarettes. Their health benefits however HAVE NOT been established as of yet. One can conclude however that since the user is not taking in tar and the myriad of other chemicals found in regular cigarettes that the e-cigarette technology is by definition somewhat safer.

Note: I have NO first hand experience with smokingeverywhere.com. However, anecdotal evidence on various forums on the Internet indicate that you are not alone in your experience with this company. This company is developing a bad reputation very quickly among those that have purchased their products. ( No return policy, product reliability, cartridge life claims, to be specific.) The only thing I can say is the usual: Buyer Beware!

There are several forums on the Internet that discuss this new technology and provide recommendations for suppliers, the different styles of e-cigarettes, e-cigars and e-pipes, common misconceptions, how-to's etc. I suggest anyone interested in purchasing a device such as this do their homework first and search the Internet for "e-cigarette" or "e-smoking". Read about it first. Their are suppliers all over the world.

This technology is not for everyone and it is NOT a stop smoking device. It is merely a substitute for regular cigarettes (analogs) where local laws prohibit smoking and a different way to use nicotine. There are some users who have completely transferred their nicotine consumption to this device because it works for them. It may not be the answer for you.

Again, do the research before handing out your cash for this type of product.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   susi71 0 Votes
hey there,

i am also using the electronic cigarette and i bought my stuff from http://www.new-smoke.com. They are also offering catrdiges - maybe you get your stuff there as well.

greetz,
susi
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   first lie 0 Votes
last night i bought SmokingEverywhere e-cigs at mall in MD. i wanted more for my money and bought large gold edition. my husband would be using it at work(construction) so i asked seller "what if he dropped it?" answer: if you bring it back w/i 30 days it will be replaced. my husband accidently dropped it on our way out of the mall and it didn't work anymore so we turned around and brought it right back. the seller took another e-cig and showed us it worked, trying to be quick w/ his hands he gave us the exact same broken e-cig back. we tested it and it didn't work so i asked for a new one. seller says"it just needs a charge for 8 hrs." we charged the battery and...nothing! it's done! doesn't work! we are on our way back to the mall to get this issue taken care of. i would be furious but not surprised if the entire booth was gone when we get there. i will report if our experience is less than enjoyable!
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   j-d +1 Votes
I ordered the 14 day free trial. It has been 8 days and have not recieved the product. I have tried to cancel the order but cannot get anyone to answer. HELP
 28th of Sep, 2009 by   deerpath +1 Votes
A friend told me about SmokingEverywhere.com and he is still a satisfied customer...so I ordered the 14 day free-trial kit on September 8th, 2009. On the 21st I called the toll-free number in Florida because the kit had still not arrived. The representative told me that because I had called them that the order was then "confirmed" and would arrive in 3 to 5 days. She also said that the 14 day free-trial period starts as soon as your order is shipped. It is now Sept. 28th and still no e-cig! I am considering stopping them from having access to my checking account because the representative told me that if I don't send the e-cig back within the 14 day trial period they will take out $99.00 for the kit and $49.00 per month for the cartridges. I feel this may be some sort of scam, intentional or not, since I have not received the kit in a timely manner. If there is a consumer watchdog out there that has information on SmokingEverywhere, I would like to know how to contact an advocate.
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   Anonanonomous +1 Votes
I really feel like an idiot now and know why I never make online purchases... I still have never received my starter kit, but definitely have been charged for it! I am discouraged now because they have even removed the phone numbers from their website(not that they did any good) I never had the pleasure of speaking with anyone directly, nor has anyone contacted me back in any way yet!
I am on the way to the bank now to close my account, since the company's website doesn't recognize my e-mail address, and they did not give me a tracking number or order number. I have sent e-mails to them (i hope) asking for the RMA form to cancel my order and refund my money...
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   deerpath +1 Votes
Anonanonomous... Good luck with the e-mails. When I e-mailed smokingeverywhere.com they replied immediately with a standard "call the 1-800" message. The e-mail was immediate but had a time stamp 8 hours ahead of our local time proving that it is an outsourced service. I would like to know when you placed your original order because, if you have read my initial posting, it is now 10-3-09 and my order was "confirmed" on 9-21 and scheduled to arrive on my doorstep in "3 to 5 business days". Subsequent phone calls to the 1-800 number have gone unanswered and the product has still not arrived.

To everyone who has read my initial posting...My "satisfied friend" has stopped receiving his cartridge shipments but his account is still being charged for the items he requested. He, too, is experiencing the frustrating back-to-back e-mails and phonecalls to this company. Legitimate companies will notify you if there is a back-order issue and provide you with a tracking number for your shipment. Smokingeverywhere did neither in my case and now I cannot reach them. We are going to turn this matter over to our local Consumer Fraud Division in the hope that they can help resolve our issues (or at least stop them from doing this to anyone else) and we both strongly urge you to do the same. It may also help to notify your local newspaper, t.v. stations, and radio stations since they run their ads. They will at least stop advertising for this company.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   melody ken 0 Votes
I also ordered from smokingjoe51 and guess what smoking anywhere and smoking joe are the same company.
I did the free trail for 9.95 and less then 10 days my account was charged 119.90
i tried calling all i got was an automatic machines, i also emailed in the mean time i got this package in the mail that was exactly the same as the one they sent me for free trail
i did get a reply email and they told me if i mailed it back would give refund.
Well i didnt trust them so i called my bank put in a dispute i also mailed the package back requiring a signature to make sure they couldnt say they didnt get it.
Guess what they refused to sign for it surprise surprise
MY bank did give me the money back
i called the attorney general to make them aware of this problem
well guess what 3 days later i got a refund from them lol
of course i had to give that back to the bank
im not sure there are any legitimates e-cigarettes out there but i do have a piece of advice that the attorney general gave me
get one of those visa/master cards that you put money on
and just put whatever your buying on that
this way they cant charge u for anything in the future
and if they try u have no money on the card and it will be delclined and you will be notified why it was declined
this way your out nothing and if legit then your ok
if not you can always go get another new card
ty
mel
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   cchashadenough 0 Votes
beware companies which do not charege state sales tax, esp. in NY. bills for months of back taxes await.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   cchashadenough 0 Votes
oops (sp) on last post. check out vapor pro from vapropro.com (seems to be out of stock at amazon at the moment). there is at least one site w/ similar name. NOT the same company (ordered more cartridges/fluid) from them by mistake. keep tabs on the various e-cig companies, and verify reliability and authenticity 1st. nice products and similar enjoyment as tobacco cigs overall, just find a company you like and keep w/ them.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   Nowasynic 0 Votes
I am a US service member stationed in Iraq. Prior to my deployment, my wife purchased the e-cigarette for me along witha few extra cartridges. It was great for the first three weeks. Then it stopped working. At the time, I was way too busy to try and worry about it. I finally had some down time and had one of my electronics guys look at it. He fixed it and everything was fine. Then, somehow I lost the atomizer. I went online to reorder one but the made no reference about shipping to an APO address. So I went and waited in line to use the phone. I was greeted by a nice english speaking female who took my order and suggested some extra cartridges. I aggreed and was charged around $84.00. A couple of days later, I was near a computer and decided to check my bank account. To my suprise I was charged the $84.00 and then another charge of $871.00. I was like "WTF"? I immediatley went to the phone center and jumped the line to call the company. I was told they had no idea why it was charged and that they would refund it. I then called my bank to make them aware of the incident. They told me that they have had other complaints about this company but they had to wait the minium 72 hours. The product arrived and it is completely not what I ordered. Nothing works and there is no reaching anyone via e-mail or the 800 number. It's too bad I didn't see this site earlier. I would never have ordered from that company. BASTARDS!!! Sorry...

Pissed off soldier in Iraq