logo

Lotto Lottery Center via Natwest Bank PLC of London
About my lottery win
2. (2 mins ago)
University of Phoenix financialAid Processing department
Failure to release financial aid information
3. (6 mins ago)

Smokes-Spirits Contacts & Informations

Smokes-Spirits

Posted:    Anon Smoker

Bad Business Practices

My issues started in June and never did get fixed. My first order was never filled and I was never notified at any time that the order would not be filled. I finally called and found that the order would not be filled and my funds had been turned into a store credit. I kept calling and kept getting the excuse that one of their warehouses had been closed and they were experiencing problems getting product in. I worked with them patiently to get the first order processed and it never went through. I eventually got a refund of the money.

Being a patient individual I placed another order when they finally said they had the product in stock that I wanted. I ordered 10 cartons. I received 3 cartons and then continued to wait patiently for the others to arrive. After waiting three weeks I called and was informed that when they short-ship an order they convert the remaining funds to store dollars.

Now call me silly, but when I order something I expect either that product to be delivered or an immediate refund of the money. Note that they take the money immediately but they do not refund the money unless you complain. So, essentially they are taking an interest free loan of your funds using their scheme.

Worse yet is the “bait and switch” tactic being implemented. They advertise a product at one price. You order the product and the product is never shipped. When you try to get the same product later, they will ship it to you but you must pay the higher price they now sell at. They do not even give you the product for the advertised price.

Please note that this entire time they continued to send me advertisements for the exact same product at the same or similar price as a special. I asked them how they could advertise a product on their specials and send it out in email advertising when they could not even fill the orders they had. Naturally I have not received a reply. Also note that at no time have they ever shown the products out of stock even when I called and verified with their sales staff that they did not have the product in stock and had no ability to fulfill my order if I placed it online.

Being a fair individual I wrote to them explaining that I found their policy to be an unacceptable business practice and less than honorable. I received a simple reply that my concerns were forwarded to management. I continued to wait and 3 weeks later asked again if they were going to take any action to retain me as a customer. The answer was inappropriate. I explained to them again that their holding of my funds for a product they knew there were never going to ship combined with the bait and switch on the prices was not acceptable customer satisfaction practices. The final reply was that they were forwarding my complaint to management.

Well, two complaints forwarded to management, no product, no reimbursement for the use of my money for 30 days or more, and no other action to keep me as a customer. I have started using their competitors and suggest that others search the internet and find alternative companies to provide the product desired. May be a dollar more somewhere else, but I have ordered from several other companies and found that the product arrives quickly (order Saturday arrived Monday) and I get what I ordered. Be careful though because Smokes-Spirits operates under several names and has what appears to be 50 different websites that are all run by the same company. So click on the company info or about button to make sure you are not placing an order with the same parent company.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Sep, 2010 by   rwbarrett 0 Votes
i also have been waiting over a month for a shipment from indiansokes.com of seneca nation. beware
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   steve0000 0 Votes
can make a recomendation for a store that provides quality levels of service?
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   LIC_GIRL 0 Votes
I placed my order the end of November. When I was not receiving information on what happened to my order I emailed them to be told that one carton was on back order. So after going back and forth in several emails trying to fill the order with a different item, I decided to just have the one carton sent to me and put the other on hold till the order could be filled. Immediately following that decision, the next email said they just got in two cartons more and I could go online and use my store credit to order the other cartons. Well, needless to say, I was not going to order more than I had originally paid for. So I simply placed an order using my store credit for the other carton and had to pay new shipping fees. The first order went through rather easily but now it has shipped and the shipping company they use, of which I have never heard of (RPS Delivers), and I am still waiting for my first carton. The 2nd carton Smokes Spirits has not taken the shipping charges yet, but I am still out the original $32.99 for that carton and the $32.99 and $17.50 shipping for the first carton I did not receive yet.
I used to have a great company that I ordered from but they went out of business. I guess I will have to quit smoking soon because I really refuse to pay $12 per pack here in NYC.
 14th of Jan, 2012 by   No to Smoke-Spirits 0 Votes
I agree with this post because I am having issues with Smokes-Spirits. I have yet to receive the order I placed six weeks ago. Calling them I only get the run a round. They have my money, but have not sent the product. This seems to be the pattern with this company, so save yourself some money and grief. Do not do business with them.
 14th of Jul, 2013 by   carleer 0 Votes
Thanks for warning us. This is where I been buying my cigarettes from and never had any problems

ACAI Scam