logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (30 mins ago)
Mobile Repeater Australia
Undelivered items, bad services and communication
2. (41 mins ago)
STC
stc lottery
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
MaxForCheap.com
Local law enforcement should look into their scam.
4. (1 hr 31 mins ago)
John Pedro Loans
Rep asks for more money, but doesn’t provide loan
5. (1 hr 36 mins ago)

SmartFlix

Posted:    Dan

Scammed my order

SmartFlix
Smartflix.com AKA technical video rentals has found a way to screw customers into ordering rental CDs that they have NO intention of adding to their order.

As I logged in last night and tried to finalize my order, a screen popped up suggesting additional videos. I know I passed on the offer. After clicking submit, I got a screen that said they could NOT processmy order . So I tried again and got the same screens. My card was active and in force and in there data based. After a few minutes I got the comfirmation emails that I had placed 3 orders.

Upon trying to contact them I got application error 500, SORRY we have problems and we're fixing them. It was then I realized there is NO alternative way to contact them OTHER than their message submission form, which is out of service. Further investigation into my account revealed no other 10 old charge cards linked to my account, none of which were mine, that I could not delete.

At this point, I cannot contact them and am at THEIR mercy, waiting for them to contact me. They have NO phone number available, no physical address.

I suspect they have tweeked their site to allow them to make false charges so they can use customers' money for a week or 10 days while they process a refund.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2010 by   Qwerty6503 0 Votes
I too had a bad experience with Smartflix. At first I thought they were just unorganized, but I now think they're just a scam. I signed up for a University subscription where they send 3 videos, for 22.95 a month. I never got the videos, you can't contact them except through email on their site.

I cancelled the subscription, because they didn't send the videos. But they continued to charge me for four additional months. I had to nag them email after email to get the refunds, and closely watch my credit card for additional charges that kept popping up.

It was an infuriating experience, coupled with snarky emails from their customer server (which has exactly one person) stay away from these people.

Help for Homeowners: HARP 2.0