logo

CHEVROLET ONLINE LOTTERY
email Scam from hileman.15@osu.edu
2. (1 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE
4. (8 mins ago)

Over Charged

Smart Style in Walmart
3250 Sardis Church Road Buford (E), GA 30519
Georgia
This is the email I sent to their CS department asking for them to mai me a refund:
(departmentcs@regiscorp.com)

"I was picking up some product at your 3250 Sardis Church Road Buford (E), GA 30519 salon today. While I was patiently waiting for the stylist to finish cutting someone's hair I saw a special posted:
"2 for $28 US / $35 CAN Biolage, amplify or sleek.look Liters / Litres Save up to $22 US/ $38.90 CAN"

I thought I had picked up the right sizes until the stylist rang me up. The two products were $14.95 & $14.00 - so they were not the ones on special. When she got off the phone I asked her if the large bottles (liters) were the same price as the ones I bought. She went over to the sign, misread it & said that I had the ones that were on special. I asked her to ring them up because I was certain she was mistaken. Instead of ringing them up, she kept looking at the monitor and said she "looked them up on the discount list, and they're not on there."

I was mad that she wouldn't just ring them up as I politely asked. There was one other customer waiting, but I had already waited almost ten minutes while she was cutting someone's hair.

I felt very disrespected - and now I feel cheated. With gas prices what they are & given the fact that I am not buying this product in a mall, but a WalMart - I am obviously concerned with the extra cost of driving back to a place were the staff are so unprofessional to ask for a refund which I may or may not get. "
Comments United States Hair and Beauty Salons
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Smart Style in Walmart complaints
Smart Style in Walmart - rude behaviour

Comments

15th of Jun, 2009 by   emerald04 -2 Votes
I WENT INTO SMARTSTYLE SALON AND WAS QUOTED A PRICE FOR SERVICES THAT I WANTED DONE. I WENT INTO THE SALON THE NEXT DAY TO HAVE THE SERVICES DONE AND WAS CHARGED 54.95 FOR HIGHLIGHTS AND 18.95 FOR SHAMPOO AND STYLE. I WAS QUOTED 44.95, THE DAY BEFORE. I WAS SO OVERWHELMED WITH THE PRICE CHANGE, I COULD HAVE CRIED. I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AND THE REP., GAVE ME A LONG SPILL ON THE LENGHT OF YOUR HAIR AND ALSO A STYLE, WHICH WAS A SIMPLE ROLLER SET, WAS AN ADDITION TO THE HIGHLIGHT CHARGES, BUT YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE SHAMPOO AND STYLE WOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE CHARGE FOR HIGHLIGHTS. SMARTSTYLE NEED TO PUT A PRICING CHART THAT ITEMIZE THEIR PRICES FOR THE SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVE, OR HAVE THEIR STYLIST TO TELL YOU THE CHARGE PRIOR TO THE SERVICES. WHAT A RIP OFF.
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   warrington 0 Votes
First of all I want to say SmartStyle is NOT Walmart!We lease the space inside and that is all.I'm sick of people downing us because of our location.First of all if you have questions just ask the stylists will be able to help you and if they can't they will ask another stylist who can.Unfortunately we do not have receptionists so it is up to the stylists to not only do services but to help with retail greet customers and answer to phone.Yes I am good at muti tasking but the customer in my chair takes first priority.As for a bad stylist EVERY salon has them we all start out with the same training its like every other job you either have what it takes or not.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   MimiSue 0 Votes
Any Salon you go to charges by length. SmartStyle has a sign stating their prices. Highlights are priced at $44.95 and up. A blow dry is included in a color, but it takes more time to curl or to set on rollers therefore expect to be charged for the stylist's time. Too many customers expect something for nothing. Stylists have to make a living too and time is money. Any place that includes the haircut and styling in the highlight price has a higher price point. SmartStyle is a la carte. When you go to a restaurant do you expect your dessert to be free? Don't expect your style to be at a salon!
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   Treeteeg 0 Votes
Firstly--
ohmigosh. Instead of $28.00 you had to pay $28.95. I'm so sorry for your $.95 loss. Maybe it was taxes?

Secondly-- I don't think you have a right to be mailed any money. If you don't want the product, give it back. You did *not* have to leave the store with anything in your hand and therefore--you wouldn't be in the mess you made for yourself. Suck it up and be an adult.

_________
I concur w/warrington and MimiSue.
I've spent $65.00 on highlights there because of my length. NOT $44. And yes, I was a little surprised when they keep quoting me "It'll probably be $44" because I know it's going to be about $20 more.

..furthermore, curls are ugly anyway. That's totally on you for having bad taste in hairstyles. Yick.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   DESIREE ARAGON +1 Votes
Does anyone know how to get a hold of a store manager. I had my hair colored and it turned out looking like copper, so she put toner to take that copper look out and it didnt work she still charged me for the coloring and told me to come back and she will fix it and give me a discount she wants to charge me again!! My hair looks carrot red it was supposed to be light brown? what do i do??? please email any info babytriz09@gmail.com
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   Casey Gallagher 0 Votes
to Desiree...buy a box of cheap Revlon hair color and fix it to a darker shade yourself...if you go into a barber shop/salon/stylist botique and you aren't satisfied with the look/work performed you have a right to ask to have it fix/refuse to pay for services rendered due to inaccurate/incomplete request that you asked for. When you left the salon and paid for services rendered without asking for the deficienies rendered, then you accept the hairstyle/look as is and are confirming satisfactory work on your hair completed. Most hair salons/style shops genereally have a policy that you have to have the defficiency corrected at the time services are rendered or you acknowledge the stylist has completed satisfactory work. So basically you walked out, paid for services rendered and accepted saying that the stylist performed his/her duties and that your color job was done correctly. You have no legal or business presidence standing on this.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   mnmgreen 0 Votes
My son had been growing his hair out for 2 years. It was starting to look...well long over due for a hair cut. I had been wanting him to get a haircut for awhile, I took him to a SmartStyle, in Jacksonville Arkansas. BIG MISTAKE!!! He wanted it with 2 to 3 inch bangs and we left with 1 inch bangs. I even went over to the chair and held his hair where he wanted it to be cut. Still she turns him around and wow, we measured after we arrived home...1.1 inches...no where near 2 to 3...NEVER will return there for ANYTHING!!! Didn't catch the young ladies name, was way to upset but she has long dark hair and cannot listen to what kind of cut you want. BEWARE
 9th of Jan, 2011 by   hopes 0 Votes
Look at the "Specials" on the Smart Style website. You'll see Biolage 2 for $28.
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   gennaa21 0 Votes
i go to the smartstyles in jacksonville nc on yopp road and i was very happy with my wax and cut the girls name was amanda very pleasent to talk to took her time and made sure it was what i wanted and i only paid 35 dollars i got a eyebrow wax lip wax and hair cut and my hair is almost to my but so i think i got great prices and great work!
 17th of Aug, 2011 by   ‚ô•Jasmyn.S- 0 Votes
Dose Anyone Know The Dying Price At Smart Style? please Tell Me If So . and Thank You
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   kancodmom -1 Votes
I took my son to the "salon" in the Van Buren, Arkansas Wal-Mart. He wanted a trim. He is 13 years old. The woman that cut it totally butchered his hair (see photos). The manager was not there and no one else had the "authority" to issue a refund. Needless to say, my son had to go to school this morning with his hair all botched up. I called the manager this morning, she was very condescending and acted as if she could care less. I cannot believe that a hair stylist (using that term loosely) would let a client walk out of their establishment with their hair this crooked. You might as well forget about getting a refund, that is hopeless. You just get a big run around! THINK TWICE BEFORE STEPPING INTO ONE OF THESE SO CALLED "SALONS"!! NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT "SALON"!
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   tattoo_julie 0 Votes
I haven't been to a Smart Style in years, and for good reason. I had planned on dying my hair that afternoon after the cut and told the stylist that I didn't need a wash. So instead of spritzing my hair with water before she started cutting, she started cutting it dry! I kept trying to tell her that she should probably dampen it first, but she gave me a dirty look and asked where I went to beauty school. If she wasn't the one with the scissors in her hand I would have walked out at that point. Needless to say, my hair was butchered, and I had to spend another $40 getting it fixed elsewhere. And before anyone else says anything, yes, I did ask to speak to the manager after she was done. Was told she was not there, and called twice a day for two weeks to speak with her, but she was always conveniently "not there". If thats how they treat their customers, I'm more than happy to deal with my split ends thankyou.
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   silverwolfe 0 Votes
Worst salon ever. Do not go to the location in Kalispell, MT. Not only do they not know how to cut, they can't color, they can't style, and no customer service. I am sick and pissed off by the treatment received and I plan on doing my best to talk everyone out of going there. Most unprofessional manager and work environment. Food all over the counters very tacky mirror art stuff just gross and awful they should be ashamed.

Federal Government Job Fraud