logo

SERVICE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Skin and Vein Center in MI, Fenton, Sterling Heights, West, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Incompetence of Eric Seiger

Skin and Vein Center in MI Contacts & Informations

305 N. Leroy
Fenton, Sterling Heights, West, Michigan
Phone: 810-629-6202
skinandveincenter.com
Eric Seiger of Skin and Vein Center (4 locations in MI) is a Osteopathic Dermatologist certified by "academy" and "college".
Seiger is not certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery or the Am. Bd. of Surgery. But does cosmetic surgery.
Seiger sewed down my earlobes during a 1 hour mini lift. I have asked Seiger and Skin and Vein Center to pay to repair my ear lobes and their response is to THREATEN ME! WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU ABOUT ERIC SEIGER AND SKIN AND VEIN CENTER, THEY THREATEN PATIENTS INSTEAD OF MAKING A WRONG RIGHT!

Skin and Vein center has also let a nurse perform liposuction on a patient with no doctor present.

Eric Seiger and the Skin and Vein Center have had disciplinary action taken against them by the Licensing Boards of both MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA.
Comments United States Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Mar, 2010 by   surgicaltruth 0 Votes
"lll3" is a fellow plastic surgeon who apparently is jealous of Dr. Seiger's success and is doing everything possible to try to destroy Dr. Seiger's reputation. How do I know this? Because "lll3, " this fellow plastic surgeon, is my former employer. He made it known throughout the office his intentions to smear Dr. Seiger.

In my dealings with Dr. Seiger, not only has he been honest and caring, but he has also performed surgery on my wife without incident, and diagnosed me voluntarily with a serious condition--without me consulting him and without request for any payment--based on anecdotal facts he had overheard. His diagnosis was completely accurate and quite possibly prolonged my life.

Dr. Seiger is indeed board-certified in many areas; you can check that out yourself.

Though Dr. Seiger, according to his employees, knows the identity of this fellow plastic surgeon, he has never 'attacked' back. However, since "lll3" is my former boss, and since I do not condone this smear campaign, I would be honored to reveal his identity. Simply email me at surgicaltruth@gmail.com
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   lll3 again 0 Votes
The above complaint is not from some mentioned lll3 Dr. I AM A PATIENT, NOT A DOCTOR.

This is my personal experience with The Skin and Vein Center and Dr. Eric Seiger.

He is only certified by an "academy" and "college" this I have checked out and was told by Dr. Eric Seiger's office manager Steve Singer!!!

He IS NOT CERTIFIED by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or by the American Board of Surgery!!!

HE IS AN ACADEMY/COLLEGE CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGST/OSTEOPATHIC DR. ONLY!!!

HE IS NOT A PLASTIC SURGEON!!! HIS INCOMPETENCY, MY EXPERIENCE PROVES THIS!!!

It is obvious that jealousy is NOT THE PROBLEM!!! Dr. Seiger is the PROBLEM. HE SHOULD NOT BE DOING COSMETIC SURGERY. DR. SEIGER NEEDS TO STICK TO "SKIN AND VEIN" ISSUES ONLY, THAT HE IS CERTIFIED IN!!!
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   surgicaltruth 0 Votes
Fellow seekers of the truth, you can choose to believe this poster, or you can email me at surgicaltruth@gmail.com I promise you will get an honest and unbiased response.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   LLL4 0 Votes
I am the poster of the original lll3. I am a patient who experienced the above and was threatened by Dr. Seiger and Steve Singer the office manager at Skin and Vein Center for TELLING THE TRUTH!!!

I was also sent a threatening letter from Eric Seiger's and Skin and Vein Centers attorney:
W. Gregory Shanaberger, 5025 N. Central Ave. Ste. 129, Phoenix, AZ 85012, 480-773-2013, Email: shanaberger1@aol.com FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!!! CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. SURGICAL TRUTH???? DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS TALKING ABOUT, I AM SPEAKING OF MY OWN EXPERIENCE WITH DR. ERIC S. SEIGER D.O.!!!

Attorney Shanaberger contacted me by telephone to "settle" and stop my spreading this TRUTH and Shanaberger also emailed me regarding this "settlement" on March 7, 2010, and TRUTH EXPERIENCE AGAIN, TYPICAL OF ERIC S. SEIGER AND THE SKIN AND VEIN CENTER, I'VE YET TO HEAR ANYTHING MORE ABOUT THE "SETTLEMENT".

BEST ADVICE TO ANYONE CONSIDERING COSMETIC SURGERY AVOID SKIN AND VEIN CENTER AND ERIC S. SEIGER D.O.
lll3
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   surgicaltruth 0 Votes
Readers, you be the judge. Consider the tones and content of these posts and decide for yourself who is the more credible source. surgicaltruth@gmail.com
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   lll5 0 Votes
Readers,

I, the patient, can swear to the truth on a stack of Bibles and under oath in a court room, Surgicaltruth CANNOT!

I, the patient, also have copies of letters from Eric S. Seiger/Skin and Vein Centers manager Steve Singer as proof, as well as attorney Shanaberger's letters, and email.

See my, the patient, picture below of Dr. Eric S. Seiger's competence. He sewed down my earlobes. His office and website (before recently changed, as of 2009), stated he was a "certified dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon" he is not certified in cosmetic surgery, I trusted this was true and look where it got me (see picture). Seiger isn't even a M.D., he is an Osteopath dr. only doing cosmetic surgery.
lll3
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   lll5 0 Votes
Readers,

Another way to check the proof of lll3 comments above is to contact Dr. Eric S. Seiger's PAID for memberships that are listed as credentials on the bottom of Skin and Vein Centers web site and letterheads. Check the Better Business Bureau, the State Licensing Board of MI Allegation Section 517-373-9196. The State of MI Consumer Protection Division 877-765-8388, the State of Florida Licensing.
Dr. Seiger pleaded guilty to unlawfully importing goods into the U.S., introducing a misbranded medical device into commerce.

Check for complaints at: D.O. Associations, not M.D. Associations:
American Osteopathic Assoc.(AAOA) and (AOA) 800-621-1773
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery(AACS) NOT RECOGNIZED PER STEVE SINGER MGR. OF SKIN AND VEIN CENTER
American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) For D.O.'S NOT M.D.'S
International Society of Dermatology (paid for membership)
American College of Phlebology VEINS
MI Osteopathic Assoc. (MOA)

NOTICE NO SURGICAL REVIEW BOARD????
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   surgicaltruth 0 Votes
Does anyone see a photo? I know I don't.

Ladies and gentlemen, I will simply say that if you are in any way concerned about any of the 'allegations' set forth on this page, simply email me and I will put your mind to rest with some simple information, which you can verify yourself.

Best to all.

Michael
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   LLL6 0 Votes
Readers,

I don't know why the picture did not download, but go to pissedconsumer.com, enter Skin and Vein Center and Eric Seiger, see picture and read reviews of other very unsatisfied patients of Dr. Seiger and Skin and Vein Center.

Look up Dr. websites and see what is said by other patients of Dr. Eric Seiger and Skin and Vein Center.

Do your research before you let a osteopathic/dermatologist touch you for anything other than "skin" and "veins".

P.S. I think "Michael" and "surgicaltruth" above must be Eric Seiger.
The only way to find out the "truth" is to check out "legitimate" associations . What could Michael and surgicaltruth know about having had a procedure done by Dr. Eric Seiger and my personal experience with Eric Seiger and Skin and Vein Center?????
Yeah, email "Michael"??? he'll know!!! If he is Seiger, he'll tell you what????

What else I didn't mention here is that another doctor at Skin and Vein Center did liposuction that needed a "touch up" that was done by a Nurse? or M.A., no doctor was in the room, in the building???? Very Dangerous, puts patients life in DANGER!
lll6
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   LLL7 0 Votes
FROM lll3, FOR YOUR INFORMATION, to those who think I need to get a life:

I AM RIGHT THIS MINUTE RECOVERING FROM SURGERY TO REPAIR THE DAMAGE AND INCOMPETENCE THAT DR. ERIC S. SEIGER OF THE SKIN AND VEIN CENTER DID!

I got a recommendation for a "Certified American Board of Plastic Surgery" and "Certified American Board of General Surgery" Dr. John M. Rowley, 15810 S. 45th St. Suite 140, Phoenix, AZ 85048, 480-759-3001 from my M.D. O.B. GYN.

I now live in AZ. I asked Dr. Eric S. Seiger to pay to fix his incompetence. He has refused and has THREATENED me with letters from his manager Steve Singer and his attorney
Shanaberger. I have nothing to worry about when they THREATEN ME WITH A LAWSUIT, I AM TELLING THE TRUTH. Their attorney Shanaberger contacted me about a settlement on March 7, but I never heard from Eric S. Seiger and Skin and Vein Center again. This has cost me several thousands of dollars (dr. only, not to mention my life inconvenience and costs). AND PAIN!
lll
 24th of Apr, 2010 by   lll3 0 Votes
LLL, lll3 etc.

What B.S., there is no "jealous doctor".

Surgicaltruth is ERIC S. SEIGER trying to cover his ass
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   surgicaltruth 0 Votes
I am writing because of how surprised I am at these critical comments. My husband and I both went to Dr. Seiger. The first thing we noticed was how much time he took talking to us, wanting to understand why we wanted the surgeries. He even cried with me when I cried as I was telling him something I kept deep inside of me.

My husband's surgery went great. I wasn't completely satisfied with my result, so I told him. And Dr. Seiger was very understanding. He suggested options to me, and he genuinely wanted me to be happy. The adjustment was perfect, and I am thrilled with the results!

I was motivated to write by this posting here, because I really care about Dr. Seiger, and what the poster said bothered me. He's one of those rare people you don't find much on this earth. I can say simply this: go meet him and once you do, you decide for yourself. Because I believe meeting him is all you will need to know what kind of person he is. Best of luck to you in whatever procedure you are considering. Bye!
 4th of May, 2010 by   lll3 0 Votes
I felt the same way Surgicaltruth did when I first saw Eric S. Seiger. Unfortunately he is a wonderful person UNTIL THERE IS A PROBLEM!
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   lll3 0 Votes
AGAIN check his credentials! Seiger has no cosmetic surgery training whatsoever. Any "doctor" can perform cosmetic surgery with 1 hour or less of cosmetic surgery training.
REAL, CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEONS BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY HAVE YEARS AND YEARS OF TRAINING. REAL
plastic surgeons liken having cosmetic surgery done by a dermatologist to having a DENTIST perform cosmetic surgery on you. HEY, IT'S YOUR FACE OR WHATEVER.
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   lll3 0 Votes
Call the State of MI Investigation Section Alan Shulgon 313-456-0300 to find out the MANY MANY COMPLAINTS AGAINST Eric S. Seiger and the Skin and Vein Center that are under investigation!!!
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   donje 0 Votes
This place is a rip off for sure!! I went in for spider veins and was told that my treatment would be minimal since they were not that bad. Well, ended up going for three sessions, spending well over $400 to get rid of no so bad spider veins. The first two times, it was a very young girl performing the injections, the last time, an elder lady performed them. I believe the first two sessions don't do much at all, except need you to come back for the third. I still have spider veins and will not be returning to this place again!!! Would not recommend them for anything...
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   betteboob 0 Votes
Eric Seiger is a D.O. skin dr.
Eric Seiger is not trained in cosmetic surgery, but does cosmetic surgery.
Eric Seiger is not Board Certified by the Board of Plastic Surgery or any other cosmetic surgery board.
BEWARE THE PERSON THAT DOESN'T RESEARCH THE DOCTOR, YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   TTOMATO 0 Votes
I too was a patient of Dr. Eric Seiger. I went in a few years ago for a cyst on my chin.m By the 2nd visit he cut me open and the 3rd visit, he sanded my chin. Now today i have a huge and horrible scar on my face, that i am truely embarrassed about. Dr. Seiger was told that he did not get the cyst, so he attempted to pokes holes in my chin several time with what looked like a mini cookie cutter. Today, i still have problems and continue to be self conscious about this horrible looking scar plua the cyst still remains. I WANT JUSTICE...
 17th of Aug, 2012 by   annarborgirl 0 Votes
Dr. Sieger promised me that he could get rid of lip lines for me. He put numbing cream on and took a drywall sander and proceeded to sand my face mostly under my nose, where I have no lines. It took me over 2 weeks of wearing vasaline and staying out of the public eye only to find out it did not get rid of the lines at all. Then he said well I can fix that...go to Fenton AND I'll do a laser. I went to Fenton and got the laser and if anything looked worse after another 2 weeks out of commission. I went back again and told him I spent $1, 000 and did not get any results and as we were talking there was a rumble in the hallway with a woman screaming "No! Please! Dr. Sieger ! He then rolled up on his little stool with injection in hand and put restalyn in my lip. From the start I told him I didn' t like or want restalyne and wanted something more permanent. I could not believe how I looked! Above my lips were ridges and ripples. My mother, sister and many friends asked me what the hell happened? I was so depressed and embarrassed and angry. I told Kim I was very dissatisfied and wanted my money back as I didn't get what was promised. He ended up agreeing with me that it didn't look good and he could fix it..and once again injected restalyne in my lip saying that was the only way to do it.
.Now I have more lip lines than when I started. He made me look worse and instead of getting my money back he said he could put an implant in and only charge me $700. instead of the normal price of $1500. I will never let this loony tune touch me again.. This man has no business having a practice. He's decietul, conniving and lies about what he can do for you
he just keeps saying he'll fix each mistake while making more money off you.and making you look worse each time. He acts charming and concerned when all he's interested in is making money for himself at the expense of your FACE! I don't know how he
can still be out there screwing people up. I paid $1000. to have lip lines made worse and I want my money back so I can have a real plastic surgeon fix what he did.
 24th of Aug, 2012 by   XOp 0 Votes
I also had a bad experience with Eric S. Seiger. Have you had any luck getting your money back? I did not. I feel for you. Eric S. Seiger is a self professed "reknown" cosmetic surgeon with no training (check his training for yourself). I have been trying to warn other innocent people to avoid this Eric S. Seiger, but Seiger and his office personnel make me, the wronged patient, out as the bad guy?????
That alone would warn me against Dr. Eric S. Seiger. He won't even admit to his incompetence, instead bad mouths the ruined by him patient.

4 Reasons Your Health Insurance Needs a Checkup - Stat