logo

Impact Training
Scam and cheating
2. (1 mins ago)
ogotoshop.com
Company charged me twice for the same order
3. (28 mins ago)
loan discovery sa
stealing
4. (37 mins ago)
BN ED PLC 01312264890
money taken from account
5. (38 mins ago)
yorev.com
Moderator didn’t post my review

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Sirius XM Radio

Posted:    KB584

Harassment

Sirius XM Radio
I bought a brand new Elantra in 2007 equipped with an XM radio. The first 3 months were free and after the free trial ended I opted to subscribe. I was 23-years-old at the time, had a great job and didn't consider the expense to be that much.

Fast forward to June 2009. Life had changed a lot and while I still have that great job, I am now also a mom and paying $142/year for a service which I don't use on a regular basis was unjustifiable. After spending over a hour on the telephone with a customer service rep who tried selling me every plan under the sun, I was finally able to cancel my account.

Three weeks ago the phone calls started. Sirius XM calls my home at least 6 times per day, something that I consider harassment. They've called as early as 5:30am and as late at 12:52AM. The first time I answered thinking it was a family member or friend calling because of an emergency and was appalled to hear a rep for this company on the other end of the line. It's to the point now where I take my home phone off the hook once I go to bed.

I've called Sirius XM over a dozen times in the past couple of weeks and expressed to them that I do not want to renew my subscription and that they are no longer welcome to call me. Each person tells me, "I'll make a note", and within hours the calls start again! This company is positively ridiculous and I absolutely regret my decision to subscribe in the first place.
Comments United States TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Feb, 2010 by   Gibbie 0 Votes
I have almost the same problem as you. See my post at http://tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=128224&findnew#new

-Gibbie
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   Crazybecauseofxm 0 Votes
Hello,
My name is Cindy and I was a customer with XM radio. I am having the same problem with xm radio - then will not stop calling!!!
My renewal came up and after many attempts to go online to renew I called xm as the online account does not work.
I at this time spoke to a person telling me I could go online to update but still online does not work.
I call xm again and speak to Kathy who was very pleasant and very good a sales as I by this time no longer want the service as I am wasting to much time trying to get it. Kathy convinces me to stay as I do love the radio and charges my visa and we are good to go... so I think.
I continue to get a call EARLY in the morning and through out the days from a Dave and Brad 676-030 whom have harassed me to no end saying I haven't paid. They tell me to stop the harrasment I need to call another number get the person I speak to employee ID and then call them back with the information. Instead of them checking into their records to find out the correct account information.
I have called xm radio many times...
Kathy, convinced me to continue with the service and that I would have no more harassment. Silly me I didn't get anything but a charge to my Visa.
Katelynn, very sympathetic to my situation. I asked her to remove anything I have to do with XM so that maybe the harassment will stop. She assures me that she has closed my account, given me a credit back on my card and have put me on a do not call list. But the harassing calls continue I try not to answer them now as its become ridiculous.
Brad 676-030 calls at which I am at my breaking point and he tells me that he will continue to harass me.
I again call and get employee #0872, she tells she is a supervisor and again is very polite and sympathetic. She does not know how to make the harassment stop but said she will send a email to the Head Office. There is no phone number to the corporate office as I would love to talk to them.
So after all said and done... I no longer have xm radio which is a service I loved but because the company running it is so inadequate. I will be sure to warn anyone who is thinking about getting xm radio Canada the nightmare I have experienced. I have spent an unbelievable amount of hours on hold, been woken by harassing calls who don't believe that there must be an error on their part as my account it taken care of and actually now cancelled. I have been promised on every call that an manager would call me and discuss how I can make this stop. Never have I gotten a call.
Unbeilable that a company can act in this way. I would appreciate if some has any suggestions on how to make this nightmare end!!
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   OhioGirl1977 0 Votes
I am having the same problem. They will not stop calling me! I have been saving the call log on my cell phone, because I am ready to take this to the next level. I have asked 3 times in the past 2 weeks to be removed from their call list.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   OhioGirl1977 0 Votes
Where are our rights? Can we take this to the next level?
 14th of May, 2011 by   TCamp48 0 Votes
I too am a victim of this constant harrassment after non-renewing my subscription. They have called me as many as 15 times in a day.
 6th of Aug, 2011 by   Never Again Sirius 0 Votes
TO THE AGGRESSIVE MARKETING TEAM... I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR HARASSING MARKETING PROGRAM!!! I am getting HARASSED twice a day by the 866-297-6863 automated caller system to try and get me to subscribe to SiriusXM Radio. I got a free subscription after buying a Ford and it is about to expire. At this point I would never consider doing business with this company. I have called Customer Service 5 times now and they tell me it will take up to 2 weeks to get off this list. AGAIN, I get these calls TWICE A DAY about 5 hours a part!!! One around 10 am and one around 3 PM. Sometimes the second call comes around 6 or 7 in the evening. THIS IS HORRIBLE! I have been nice each time to the agent as I know it is not the agents at the call center that are in charge of this HORRIBLE marketing program!!! The Customer Service department should be given the tools to remove customers within 24 to 48 hours... DID I MENTION I GET THESE CALLS TWICE A DAY!!! I have gotten them for the past 3 days and from what I am told I will continue to get them for the next 2 weeks!!! YOU SUCK! Advice to others I will give if they are buying a FORD or other vehicle that has this free service for 6 months... give them a fake phone # and email address in case you decide not to subscribe to the service to avoid being HARASSED!!! If you like the service, you can contact them at the end of the free trial.
 17th of May, 2012 by   kare419 0 Votes
I hate Sirius XM radio! I have repeatedly declined subscribing after my trial period was over. I didn't even used it at all during then. I told them this when they called me in March, and again in April. Now the phone calls are coming in two, three or four times a day, in the past 2 weeks I have had almost 30 calls from them. Yesterday I called them and asked them to stop bothering me. They claimed they put me on the Do Not Contact List, but I still have gotten 2 calls today so far. These people are worse then Credit Collection Agencies! Sure, if the service wasn't so much I might have considered it, but after this kind of harassment, I will NEVER use them and I strongly encourage anyone else to think it over before they do.
 14th of Jul, 2012 by   JamesRolfe 0 Votes
Sirius Canada has poor customer service as well. They DEMAND a credit card be kept on file and they unilaterally charge this card as they wish. This is an antiquated policy as too many businesses are having security issues with their customer information being compromised by hackers. No business, including Sirius Canada, is immune to online security threats. We as consumers need to make it perfectly clear to those businesses who DEMAND that a credit card be kept on file, that this practice amounts to an invasion of privacy. When someone from Sirius, supposedly called us it was from an "UNKNOWN NAME" "UNKNOWN CALLER" the lady asked for a valid credit card. Now what kind of an idiot would give this information out over the phone to an "unidentified" caller. Not long after that call, Sirius had the audacity to stop our radio feed. Having spent a total of 87 minutes on HOLD over the past 3 days amounted to a total waste of time as I have better things to do. I still had a credit on my Sirius Canada account and yet they still cut off our satellite feed. This amounts to pure "GREED" on behalf of Sirius Canada as now they can charge a bogus reconnection and/or activation fee. Seeing as they have a monopoly on satellite radio, Sirius Canada feels they can do as they like, cut off service with a credit still on the account. THIEVES!

Mortgage Fraud is Number One in Florida