logo

sims 3 Contacts & Informations

sims 3

Posted:    qwerty1234

Sims 3 is so slow

OK so today my dad buys me the sims 3 collectors edition, and i was busting to play it. but when i have it installed and done, IT GOES SO SLOW. it's not good enough, come on, EA! you had us waiting all this time for a game that won't load?? i've been looking around and it seems i'm not the only one with this problem, and i don't want to have to go out and buy more RAM or a graphics card incase that doesn't work either which would also be a waste of money. Also the graphics are terrible! for example i went into 'Create A Sim' and my sim's face was blotchy and looked like she'd been badly sunburned! even after i adjusted the skin tone, then i tried to change her hair and guess what? it only took about 10 MINUTES for a new style that i clicked to actually come on to the sim! It's really annoying cuz my dad got me it and it costs £40! i mean what do i tell him now? "oh dad by the way sims 3 sucked!" It's just NOT GOOD ENOUGH since this game had every sims fan waiting for ages for this game! I might as well go back to sims 2, it had better graphics by far, and probably won't slow my computer down and also it proably won't be a huge waste of money, AGAIN.
thanks EA for messing up my computer and causing loads of people dissapointment. they should bring out a better version of the game that isn't slow with crap graphics.
Comments United Kingdom Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2009 by   moomoo +4 Votes
Totally agree with you!

Went out and brought it the day it came out so I was super excited to go home and play it.

Installed it, went to create a sim and it was SO slow! I eventually managed to create ONE SIM after 30 minutes, went to build a house (which wasn't too slow actually), but when I went into Live Mode, it takes about 2-3 seconds to just do one sim minute!

This game is rubbish! The graphics like you said, they're really bad, no where as good as Sims 2, and it's so disappointing as everyone has waited ages for this game!

Come on EA! You're millionaires! Make us a good Sims 3 that actually wants to work with a normal computer, thanks :)

I wouldn't advise anyone to get more RAM or anything. Yeah the Sims 3 has more graphics, but they are terrible. We shouldn't have to make our computers better for a stupid game that doesn't want to work properly!

Waste of money! :(
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   lll -1 Votes
Well mine worked awesomely. The graphics were perfect and the speed was great :) And I was playing ON A LAPTOP. :)
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   Rachey Fen +3 Votes
I agreeee i pre ordered it and was mega excited for it then its so bloody slow!
I waited for agggges! And i cant afford to buy all these graphic cards etc. And like you said it still wont work i think im going to have to send it back! But the game looks so good!
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   Caroline M +3 Votes
I completely agree! All the adverts that supposedly depicted gameplay seem to be nothing like the actual game! I understand the whole neighbourhood is visable now, but its so slow!! And the graphics are a dissapointment! My laptop is three months old, so I know it isnt part of the problem! Im so dissapointed! I feel like its been such a waste of money!!!
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   simsfan +3 Votes
Im really dissapointed with this game!! It is sooo SLOW!! It even takes about 10 minutes to be able to look left and right, I wouldnt even dream about trying to build a house on it! I would of loved to experience playing this game with no problems and actually enjoying it. I was soo excited but now I feel so cheated, the adverts on t.v are unreal and made me want to play staight away so I bought it, got home dowloaded it what also took ages but then the sims came on screen really bright colours great features, just the slowness of the game really pisses you off more than anything because you can see what a really good game this could be!! im totally gutted!! Im deffiantly taking mine back possibly tomorrow if it doesnt work again tonight. A complete waste of money would deffiantly reccommend sticking with the sims 2 at least you enjoyed playing with no hassle!!
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   Wboruch +3 Votes
I agree this really mad me dissapointed I got it the first day wit my girl friend and we were both excited to play it cause thats the only game we agree on and it was sssssooooooooo ssssllloooowwww that we went back to are games in sims 2
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   sim=pathetic +2 Votes
Agree! It's so painfully slow... my sim was at work for over an hour in our time. I'm gutted. My computer spec is above and beyond requirements apparently so it just doesn't make sense. The worst thing for me is I can't even go back to Sims 2 because I wiped it off my computer in an attempt to speed up Sims 3. Great. So I binned off five beautiful generations of the amazing sims i'd nurtured in sims 2 in exchange for one crappy, broke sim in sims 3? Who btws eats her dinner whilst sitting on the bog because she can't even afford a chair ? And takes a lifetime to earn a single skill point. Grrrrrrrrrr!
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   Nicky +3 Votes
I strongly agree with you, except my graphics were great, but it was terribly slow, so I'm re-installing it to see if I can get it wo not be so slow again.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Hanyuu  Best Advice +4 Votes
AGREE!! my dad just got me the Sims 3 by surprise i downloaded it which took me forever!! then i clicked to play and it starts up i was so happy to be able to play!!! then for it to load up up sunset valley i could of swore it took 20 minutes!!! then to create a Sim the graphics were TERRIBLE!! it took me 40 minutes cause it was so darn slow!! then to play live mode it was so slow!! it's nothing like the advertisements for Sims 3 so i don't play it!! and i just got a new laptop to play it too I'm so mad my dad just wasted 40 dollars!! on this I'm just going back to Sims 2!!!
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   HbHadast +1 Votes
!!! HERE IS THE SOLUTION !!!
Hello everyone,

It's neither related to the graphic card, nor to the RAM. It's a problem with the ini file of the game. Anyway I already made a fix for this file that you can find here:

I already tried it and the game works great now.
HbHadast
!!! HERE IS THE SOLUTION !!!
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   shayeshaye +2 Votes
ok so i was extremly excited to get it too. is there any way i can fix it if i don't have internet??
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   rt319 +3 Votes
The Sims 2 is much better. I'm sooo tired of watching my Sim sleep! I usually fast forward thru certain tasks but now I'm forced to wait. I'm glad I didn't delete my Sims 2.
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   Syerra +1 Votes
Yup. Graphics are cheesy. Also the game crashes during the "Create-a-sim" mode. Beware messing with the color varations (you can use the left-to-right bar but stay away from the custom stuff unless you know your video card has the required "pixel shader")... it is slower than Sims 2. I had my system crash a week before and lost most of my stuff, and thought, "Well, may as well install Sims 3." I don't like it. I'm putting my Sims 2 back, even if I have to build my generations of families all over again. This time, i'm going to start a cemetery from the beginning so everyone can be buried there!

However, you don't have to "wait" for your Sims to sleep! Simply do the control + shift + c and type "testingcheatsenabled true" and you can scroll the sleep up to a full bar and they will wake up instantly. I do that because I get tired of the shower/bathroom/hungry crap after a while. I really don't like how long it take two people to fall in love either.. there should be a "love at first sight" option.

There are cooler sets and props, though. It would be nice to be able to actually SEE them at work, rather than just giving them commands to follow, but I guess that would be too much. I also don't like the fact that I can't have several families I designed going at the same time! I get sick of one family and want to switch, but can't.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   kobe86 0 Votes
I also bought Sims 3. At first i had Video card error B.S. So i just lowered all the setting to medium that deal with graphics. After that the game worked fine exept the fact that when i use 4x time forward. IT TAKES FOREVER TO SLEEP. i timed it and it took 6 minutes just to 4x forward during 10 hour sleep. EA NEEDS to fix time issue and videocard issue. AND what is the deal with just 1 map on the game total garbage. And no story mode just progression. Overall 7/10 game. -3 for the Bullshit.
 21st of Jun, 2009 by   sarz 0 Votes
I completely agree...I love the Sims and couldn't wait to but this but I was so diassapointed. Slow is not the word...I think I had time to go and make a cup of tea while I was waiting for my Sim to follow a command. I'm bored already! :(
 21st of Jun, 2009 by   *Missydiva* +1 Votes
I agree my computer is only 2 years old and the game keeps minimising and dissapears every 5 mins. and its slow. the sims are not very good looking. What is the point of buying the game when you can't make your own neighbourhood without buying one. The sims 2 is more fast and actually lets you play on most computers. :(
 21st of Jun, 2009 by   Lalalado 0 Votes
AGREE definetely. (Sorry for my bad English, I'm Dutch)

FIRST they make us wait like half a year longer. THEN it's unplayable on 9/10 of all computers, OR you have to get a graphics card that's more expensive then all the sims game together.

My laptop is 2 months old, and I almost passed out because of the bad graphics. I set all the options on 'high' and now instead of 10 pixels there are 20 pixels, but my game is a lot slower though. And a sim minute takes like freakin' 5 seconds, and it takes like 8 seconds in the SPEED UP mode T___T

F**K YOU EA!
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   sho5hp 0 Votes
I totally agree, I love the sims 1 and 2 and was so exited to get the sims 3, I had to really search for it because they were out in many stores. I installed it and now it's so slow, doesn't matter if the settings are on slow or fast, it goes slowly anyhow. I haven't even played the game much because I just don't have the patience to wait for them to sleep and eat. I'm a total sims addict and now I refuse to play it, what's wrong with that picture?
I'm extremly disappointent, just wasted a whole lot of money on this stupid game. Shame on you EA my computer is just year old.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   jhsd +1 Votes
i saved up 3 weeks to get this game and i was really excited when i got it, i deleted sims 2 and a aload of other stuff and it stills goes proper slow, it took me nearly an hour to make 1 sim .
im really gutted i wasted my money and i want it back, EA are like millionaires so i thought this would have been good.
i feel sorry for anyone else whos bought this and its not working for.
this is a massive scam and it needs to be sorted.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Syerra 0 Votes
Back up your Sims 2 to your external hard drive. (If you don't have one, GET one!) That way at least you can re-install if you're disappointed with Sims 3. My Sims 3 game works fine speed-wise, so it must be a computer issue for those of you who are lagging so badly! Make sure your DirectX 9.0 is updated along with all of your Windows hardware and software! I just wish it wouldn't CRASH! Why do WE get to be the guinea pigs in this experiment? My fifty bucks could have been spent elsewhere.

Swine Flu Vaccine Scam