logo

Posted:    Disgusted with Bottom Feeders

Scam

Paula Carmichael
paulaphones4u@live.com
I applied for a customer service position listed on Simply Hired located on the Dell home page and received an email directing me to a test site to further qualify for the position. This site is just selling a useless subscription which I found out when I was billed $10.00 for the service. (In the email I was directed to it says right in the address "freebies".) I have copied the senders email for your convenience.

Re: Customer Service Representative‏
From: Carla McDouglass (carla.mcdouglass@gmail.com)
Sent: Tue 11/03/09 3:10 PM
To: Paula Carmichael (paulaphones4u@live.com)

Hi Paula,
Thanks for submitting your resume. Due to the large number of applicants, and in the spirit of screening our candidates one step further, we ask that you take an IQ test and email us your result. This should take between 5-10minutes and the questions are straightforward. Please be honest in your scoring as we will have a member of our team personally assess you once you are selected for the position. You may find the link to the test here: http://freebies.web44.net/themindquizzes

We ask that you take the quiz only once and send your scoring to us on the first try.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Best of luck!
Carla
This is just a SCAM...No where in this email does it say I would have to pay for a test or join a service I have no interest in. To be directed to such a site while conducting an earnest job search is criminal and something should be done to eliminate such bottom feeders who cannot unload their silly products any other way.

Paula Carmichael
Comments United States Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Oct, 2012 by   AConcernedPerson 0 Votes
I haven't used this service, but this was obviously someone pretending to work there. The website for the IQ test should have looked suspicious. Not to mention the email came from a Gmail account. Due diligence can really go a long way in stopping scam artists
 24th of Oct, 2014 by   THE ONLY TRUTH 0 Votes
it's a scam site that tries to get you to sign up for online schools. Someone should find a physical address for these scam artists so a visit with a couple metal baseball bats can be arranged. Nothing would make me smile more than a couple of cocky computer geeks getting they ass worn out in the real world and not some online bs virtual world.

these nerds don't realize when the power goes off they are gonna be eaten alive

Fake Anti-Virus Software Scams on the Rise