logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
I got damaged jewellery and communication stopped
2. (2 mins ago)
jewelrybund.com
Seller and agent don’t reply to emails
3. (4 mins ago)
JohnJacobJingleheimerSchmitt
fraud
4. (9 mins ago)
Anu builders Medavakkam
Worst builder ever seen
5. (18 mins ago)
www.programstop.com.
unauthorized charges to my debit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Simple Floors

Posted:    Joe

Buyers beware

Simple Floors
This store's product is AWFUL!

We went with the Steinway Cherry laminate Artisan Flooring because it appeared to be beautiful and durable. How wrong we were! We have used laminate flooring in the past and it was a well-known, slightly more expensive brand. We should have stuck with what we knew and trusted but we wanted to save some money.

Nearly all of our flooring is defective. We purchased 1, 200 square feet of this product. When you install, the sides of the planks chip off showing the green underlayment. The topcoat chips off easily and forget the durability if you drop ANYTHING on it. In addition, it is not glueless. If you do not glue each strip together at the top, they pull apart within 24 hours, leaving wide gaps between planks. We found this out after we installed a roomfull of it and had to go back and re-do it before moving on.

After having these issues, I contacted Simple Floors because the product is supposed to have an AC3 wear rating (meaning heavy residential and light commercial traffic). It should not damage like this. I offered to drive back the defective planks as well as all the unopened boxes. According to their sales department, I have to PAY for one of THEIR inspectors to come verify that it is defective and the cost was $400! You tell me how neutral that inspector would have been.

We are now in the process of pulling up ALL of the flooring we have installed as it is useless and we are out the money we spent. We still have over 30 cartons of unopened flooring that Simple Floors will not accept back.

Bottom line---DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! These people are scam artists with a horrible product.
Comments United States Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2010 by   svstarr 0 Votes
Absolutely agree...we purchased brazilian cherry and I can scratch the surface with my finger nail...absolute rip-off
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   simpleFLOORS - Corporate 0 Votes
Simple Floors appreciates hearing from our customers, as their service level is vital for us to continue improving the expectation of customer service provided. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of simpleFLOORS Inc. As a valued customer, customer satisfaction is one of our primary concerns. I would like the opportunity to talk with you to address your concerns...

Please, feel free to contact me to address your concerns.
Sincerely,
Stephanie Walden, Customer Service Manager, Simple Floors, Inc. Suwanee, GA.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   PeterIngramBirmingham 0 Votes
Stephanie, I, too, would like to speak with you. We ordered one of your engineered wood flooring products, and it dents from VERY light pressure. We're extremely disappointed with the durability of the Eco Plantation engineered flooring that we purchased from Simple Flooring. It dents FAR too easily, and in the six months we’ve had the floors installed, they’ve become dimpled, lightly gouged and more from merely moving lightweight, SOFT things (i.e. very light end table, less than ten pounds distributed on four legs, or approx. three pounds per leg, with thick felt pads on leg bases) over the floor. Heck, my wife dropped a tiny, lightweight mascara pen and it made a deep dent. Ridiculous.

I've been waiting since April to get a response from SimpleFloors. Here's hoping you can do something to make things right.

--Peter Ingram
Birmingham, AL
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   David Raetz +1 Votes
This business is terrible, i had ordered samples, had gotten the samples, loved the flooring and did my consumer research and after a week or 2 placed an order for 600sq ft, after 2 days of attempting to get a reciept and shipping information, my order was cancelled and basically stated that because i negotiated on the pricing of the flooring and in the comapnies eyes didnt pay enough, they couldnt "process" the order, without contacting me i had gotten an email that said you have been refunded and order has been cancelled, i contact customer service, the customer service manager and never called me back, occasionally emailed me, gave me bogus reasoning and pushed me to the side. BUYER BEWARE, horrible customer service, terrible, terrible, terrible. Been 6 days, still no refund, hmmmmm...
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   Simple Floors +1 Votes
Dear Mr. Raetz,
Again, thank you for your comments, however Simple Floors cannot meet your demands therefore a refund was immediately notified and refunded 100% to you on March 30th which will take 3-5 *business* days to apply to your account(s).
Customer Service has attempt to offer the best quality service level and expectation to all customers, even those who may 'feel' service is not being offered to them. Simple Floors apologizes for the unfortunate misunderstanding.
There is nothing more Simple Floors can assist you with.. I realize you are slandering the good name of Simple Floors, though I wish you would discontinue the hostile/ abusive behavior and name calling directly towards me and/or my staff.
You can call me and email me, as you have many times, anytime to discuss in a calm manner..

Sincerely, Stephanie Walden - Customer Service Manager - Simple Floors, GA.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   David Raetz -1 Votes
This company has no heart, they hide behind the standard replies and could care less about customers. They want your business 1 time and then could care less. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.
 15th of May, 2011 by   Jghalayini 0 Votes
We had the same experience. Our floors have been in less than a month and we have the wood upper popping up, cracking, many parts of the molding were not even nailed down, our quarter rounds were not nailed down, the quality is absolutely horrible. The installer was the most incompetent i have ever dealt with and this is the 4th floor i have put in various properties. Their customer service is the worst and they shoudl be wary...people are talking. There are MANY complaints with the Better Business Bureau about them and i started reading them and they all have a lot in common. If our issues arent resolved we will be filing litigation as we have thousands in damage to our property in addition to the poor installation issues that need to be resolved.
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   LA Flooring guy 0 Votes
If you need a good flooring installation in California, contact Ed Hernandez

323-636-4800
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   maxscotty 0 Votes
horrible quality! poor customer service.just starting my project, the gap is really bad. will always blame customers instead of accepting the fact they have serious issues with their floorings.
 1st of May, 2012 by   simpleFLOORS - Corporate 0 Votes
Dear Maxscotty, Simple Floors appreciates hearing from our customers, as their service level is vital for us to continue improving the expectation of customer service provided. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of simpleFLOORS Inc. As a valued customer, customer satisfaction is one of our primary concerns. We would like the opportunity to talk with you to address your concerns... Sincerely, Customer Service Department Simple Floors, GA
 1st of May, 2012 by   maxscotty 0 Votes
I agree with Mr. Raetz!

Stephanie Walden doesn't pick up here phone. There's no way customer satisfaction is your primary concern. NO WAY! stop this "spin." Stop the LIE. PLEASE!

Think of these people who have to pay with their hard earned money. Have a bit of a heart!
 2nd of May, 2012 by   simpleFLOORS - Corporate 0 Votes
Dear Maxscotty, Our Customer Service Department is open and available anytime to address all issues and concerns. If we are not available please leave a detail message with your contact number and your Order ID number for reference, we will return your call within 24 - 48 hours. Please feel free to contact us at 800-401-6763 EST. Sincerely and Best regards,
 2nd of Feb, 2013 by   Leah Rush 0 Votes
I have very similar complaints. we purchased over 1000 sq ft of lapacho hand scrapped engineered maple flooring because it had a better janka rating than oak which we had used in our last house (and were very happy with). we had the floor in mere days when we realized the mistake we had made. The "maple" floors dent, scratch, and splintered immediately. Again, we have always had hardwood floors in our home, our last house had engineered floor so I know what kind of wear and tear they should assume. I was sure we had just received a defective shipment and contacted simple floors with pictures of the scrapes, excessive markings, and in two spots the corner of the plank has separated from the bottom, rising above the rest of the flooring. They sent me their policy stating that this is indeed all I can expect from their product. We are heartbroken with an entire house flooring that looks decades old instead of the year and a half it is. Please avoid using this company. I would not put it in again if it was given to me.
 20th of Mar, 2013 by   Unhappy Carey 0 Votes
Our floors have had significant fading in only 3 years! We filed a claim and simple floors states it is not their problem and nothing will be done. We have followed all the manufactures suggestions to avoid fading and still the product fades.
 24th of May, 2013 by   simpleFLOORS 0 Votes
n
 24th of May, 2013 by   simpleFLOORS 0 Votes
Dear Leah Rush and Unhappy Carey, simpleFLOORS is terribly sorry that our products could not satisfy your needs. We are open to discussing any issues with you guys at 6783650222 with Scott Lewanowicz. Please do not hesitate to contact us immediately as we are always here to help you with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,