logo

Ballard Designs
Do not order from them
4. (8 mins ago)
Dr. Hardik Vyas / Hardik Vyas / Rahul Vyas
Fraud guy on matrimony sites
5. (29 mins ago)
Puerto Bahia
Timeshare

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Silvermine Kennel, Greenup, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - Terrible breeder!

Silvermine Kennel Contacts & Informations

1873 Wright Rd.
Greenup, Kentucky
Phone: 270-932-6185
www.silverminekennel.com

Within in a day or two of getting Zoe we noticed she wasn't eating much, but we weren't to worried as it was one of the hottest days of the year out, and she was just getting used to her new home. But within the next day or so, she was progressively getting worse (severe vomiting A little less than a year ago my family and I purchased a puppy from Silvermine Kennels. In a March '07 Lady/Gambler litter our little Zoe was born. I had called up in hopes to find a puppy to train to become a 'seizure alert' dog, as I have epilepsy. And that's where it all begins.

Within in a day or two of getting Zoe we noticed she wasn't eating much, but we weren't to worried as it was one of the hottest days of the year out, and she was just getting used to her new home. But within the next day or so, she was progressively getting worse (severe vomiting and diarrhea), and we took her to Emergency vet (under the advice of our regular vet) near death. Both our vet. and the emergency room staff said that Zoe was underweight and small for her age. After many x-rays, IV's, and antibiotics, they found the culprit of what was making Zoe so ill. It was a worm.

Strongyloides 'Threadworm' infestation. Usually this worm derives from cattle, humid, and cramped places. When we called up Mike Denny to let him know what was going on, he was rude and defensive. He said our vet. was 'not qualified.'. We let him know that our vet told us our pup most likely contracted the 'threadworm from her mother, and to let the breeder know (so that he could check the mother and alert the other owners of the pups). Mike seemed defensive once again and angry with us.

We sent him copies off all of her doctor's labwork, and the total of what we had paid for all of her work (ER: $484.49 Vet: $470.00 Total: $954.49) and Silvermine paid $350.00 out of the emergency vet bill because they 'felt' that's all they were responsible for. Silvermine would not fully pay for her vet bills because we took her in 4 days (and not the 3 as the contract states), even though we took her into emergency near death. And we had kept Silvermine Kennel posted the whole entire time. No agreements could be met. Although Mike Denny did threaten us with court if we pursued or pushed him/them any further...

Just this last Friday (March 7th 2008) we took Zoe into the vet. To our dismay we found out she has a very severe case of hip dysplasia for a dog her age (11 1/2 months old). She is looking to get a $2000.00 surgery on both of her back hips (by a specialist). Silvermine's contract states that within two years, if your dog shows it's dysplastic they will replace the current dog with a new pup (that's not verbatim the contract). But we want to keep Zoe so we called up Mike Denny to see if we couldn't come to some sort of agreement and to let him know one of his dogs has hip dysplasia.

The most damaging proof we have against Silvermine Kennel is the medical paperwork on Zoe. Saying that she came to us partially anorexic, that she had a doughy abdomen when entering the emergency room (meaning she had been underfed for quite sometime), and that she's got a worm infestation (strongyloidies 'threadworm') that is caused from things that are not in our environment altogether, and all of the antibiotics, x-rays, etc that she had to have... And now the hip dysplasia. This is Silvermine's wall of shame.

Please be careful when you're researching for a working dog, or family pet. Do not be fooled! You can run into a whole host of problems with unethical breeders such as Mike Denny and his family at Silvermine Kennel. BE AWARE! Stay Away From Silvermine Kennel!and diarrhea), and we took her to Emergency vet (under the advice of our regular vet) near death. Both our vet. and the emergency room staff said that Zoe was underweight and small for her age. After x-rays and IV's, they found the culprit of what was making Zoe so ill. It was a worm (parasite). Strongyloides 'Threadworm' infestation. Usually this worm derives from cattle, and cramped places.

When we called up Mike Denny to let him know what was going on, he was rude and defensive. He said our vet. was 'not qualified.'. We let him know that our vet told us our pup most likely contracted the 'threadworm from her mother, and to let the breeder know (so that he could check the mother and alert the other owners of the pups). Mike seemed defensive once again and angry with us. We sent him copies off all of Zoe's labwork, and the total of what we had paid for all of her work (ER: $484.49 Vet: $470.00 Total: $954.49) and Silvermine paid $350.00 out of the emergency vet bill because they 'felt' that's all they were responsible for. Silvermine would not fully pay for her vet bills because we took her in 4 days (and not the 3 as the contract states), even though we took her into emergency near death.

And we had kept Silvermine Kennel posted the whole entire time. No agreements could be met. Although Mike Denny did threaten us with court if we pursued or pushed him/them any further. Just this last Friday (March 7th 2008) we took Zoe into the vet. To our dismay we found out she has a very severe case of hip dysplasia for a dog her age (11 1/2 months old). She is looking to get a $2000.00 surgery on both of her back hips (by a specialist).

Silvermine's contract states that within two years, if your dog shows it's dysplastic they will replace the current dog with a new pup (that's not verbatim the contract). But we want to keep Zoe so we called up Mike Denny to see if we couldn't come to some sort of agreement and to let him know one of his dogs has hip dysplasia. He knows how sick she's been in the past and we asked if we could at least get a partial refund (on the original amount we spent to adopt her), to pay for Zoe's surgery and medical bills. He said that we could send her there to get the surgery and he would send us a new puppy. My husband tried to reason, saying it would just be saving him the cost of shipping and surgery, but Mike wasn't buying (and he was losing his temper). And of course, there's no way we'd send our Zoe back to those people.

The most damaging proof we have against Silvermine Kennel is the medical paperwork on Zoe. Saying that she came to us partially anorexic, that she had a doughy abdomen when entering the emergency room (meaning she had been underfed for quite sometime), and that she's got a worm infestation (strongyloidies 'threadworm') that is caused from things that are not in our environment altogether, and all of the de-wormer, x-rays, IV's, etc that she had to have... And now the hip dysplasia. This is Silvermine's wall of shame.

Please be careful when you're researching buying your next puppy. Do not be fooled! You can run into a whole host of problems with unethical breeders such as Mike Denny and his family at Silvermine Kennel. BE AWARE! Stay Away From Silvermine Kennel!
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Mar, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
A little less than a year ago my family and I purchased a puppy from Silvermine Kennels. In a March '07 Lady/Gambler litter our little Zoe was born... I had called up in hopes to find a puppy to train to become a 'seizure alert' dog, as I have epilepsy... And that's where it all begins. Within in a day or two of getting Zoe we noticed she wasn't eating much, but we weren't to worried as it was one of the hottest days of the year out, and she was just getting used to her new home.

After many x-rays, IV's, and antibiotics, they found the culprit of what was making Zoe so ill. It was a worm. Strongyloides 'Threadworm' infestation. Usually this worm derives from cattle, humid, and cramped places. When we called up Mike Denny to let him know what was going on, he was rude and defensive. He said our vet. was 'not qualified.'.

We let him know that our vet told us our pup most likely contracted the 'threadworm from her mother, and to let the breeder know (so that he could check the mother and alert the other owners of the pups). Mike seemed defensive once again and angry with us. We sent him copies off all of her doctor's labwork, and the total of what we had paid for all of her work (ER: $484.49 Vet: $470.00 Total: $954.49) and Silvermine paid $350.00 out of the emergency vet bill because they 'felt' that's all they were responsible for.

4th of Apr, 2008 by   KLI 0 Votes
My family ran into the same problem, but with his son, Zachary Denny! Our puppy was malnourished, weak, underfed, and also had a parasite in her tummy. Our vet explained that she was very sick, and that she wasn't even a pure breed golden, but she was a mut! Mike Denny said we could return the puppy and get another, but my family didn't want to return her to those living conditions. This breeder is inhumane, cruel, and dishonest. Mike Denny and his family became very rude and hostile towards my family as well after we informed them of the problems our dog was experiencing. They are extremely nice until they get your money, then they become rude. They are only in it for the money, and not for the joy of breeding healthy, beautiful dogs. I would definitely recommend not purchasing a puppy from this breeder and to research in depth before you purchase a dog.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by   Unethical Breeding 0 Votes
I have been screaming from the hilltops to NOT buy puppies from this kennel and several others in the USA! I have even alienated myself from many breeders preaching unethical practices and "it's all about the money"!! This type of crook will "supply" if their product is in demand...they're assuming the public (you and I) are down right stupid and will pay thousands of dollars for a sick puppy and will be too attached to the dog to give it back OR won't fight them in court!!! These folks have no conscience...they are too lazy to get lawful work and instead exploit and abuse animals for their own gain...it's happening everywhere especially with the rage of these white english golden retrievers...there are "so said" kennels popping up everywhere in the USA...European breeders have also become smart to the American's desire to pay big bucks for breeding stock and are inflating their prices as we speak! It's a very sad, sad way to handle these beautiful animals. Europeans are even sending over litters of white pups for Americans to sell and of course, Americans are "make a profit doing this"... !

I think it's about time AKC be notified, if not already, and the local authorities contacted plus the humane society and animal control in the new state that Silvermine puppy mill resides.
For all we know...the authorities could be looking into their operation right now.
 1st of May, 2008 by   silverminekennel 0 Votes
In answer to the first complaint here. We regularly worm our pups however Threadworm is not a normal problem and requires a different de-wormer than normal worms. As she states in her letter the pup was not showing any signs of problems until several days after it arrived so there was no way we could have known of the problem. When she presented us with her vet bills there were many tests that had nothing to do with the Threadworm problem. It should have been diagnosed with simple a fecal float. We did however agree to pay $350.00 of the charges, declining to pay the rest not because it was four days after they got the pup but because the charges were exorbident and we felt unnecessary. Deworming returned this pup to normal health. As far as the hip dysplasia issue. Hip dysplasia is a problem in most large breed dogs. Screening parents can reduce the incident but not eliminate it. Twenty percent of the breedings of
Goldens with both parents having OFA Good hips produce dysplastic pups. There is nothing that can be done to predict or prevent this. Also there are other factors that can produce dysplasia such as diet and over exercise. We inform all of our clients that if their pup develops dysplasia we will exchange their pup for another from th next available litter. This is common practice with most breeders, although some do not even offer that. We carefully explain this both verbally and in our written contract which all of our clients must read and sign. This lady wants us to pay her vet bills which we have no control over. We will still offer to exchange this pup for another and assume the cost of the health care once the pup is back in our control. To call us a puppy mill because of this is just not fair. Our kennel is clean, our dogs are well fed, they are given all necessary vet care and are played with and loved daily. By the way our last AKC on site kennel inspection in December 2007 showed us to be in compliance in all areas.
In response to the 2nd complaint here. These people purchased a pup from our son not from us. I do not know if there was truly a problem with the pups health or not, but when this lady came to pick this pup up she demanded to be able to inspect all areas of my sons home when he refused she called me and I told her that I had no control over that but if it would make her feel more at ease that I would personally stand behind my son's guarantee. She took her pup and left the next I heard from her was several days later when she called to tell me her pup had diarrhea. I suggested that she take it to the vet if it continued and again told her that I would exchange the pup or refund her money. I have never heard from her again only finding reports such as this one that is posted not by her but by her daughter. As far as the claim that this pup is a "mutt" my son provided her with the AKC registration paperwork. Take a look at our site www.silverminekennel.com it will be obvious that our dogs are pure bred Golden Retrievers.
As to the 3rd "complaint here. I don't know who this is but I suspect that we have never had any dealings with this person and that he she is nothing more that a jealous breeder.
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   KLI 0 Votes
You have got to be kidding me! How can you go on this website and try to justify the fact that your english cream golden retrievers are subject to getting hip displaysia at such a young age! I have breed and raised golden retrievers since I was 8 years old. The youngest any of my pure breed golden retrievers was around 8 years of age. There should be no signs of hip displaysia within one year of the puppies birth. You (Silvermine Kennel) do not have any idea what you are talking about! Answer this question? If you are such a reputable breeder as you consider yourselves to be, then why does the AKC (American Kennel Club) tell me that you aren't!!! They say that you are scammers and you have numerous complaints from innocent buyers all over the U.S.
 10th of Jul, 2008 by   silverminekennel 0 Votes
Kira is a nineteen year old girl who has never bred Golden retrievers. she has posted a whole series of lies on this and other forum since her mother bought a pup from my son. AKC does not give us any kind of bad rating please call them. I have explained hip dysplacia in a previous comment on this page.
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Lindsey 0 Votes
To Kira and "unethical breeding" :

I think its pointless getting worked up to Mike and his family about our issues with them. There is no possible way to undo the harm that they've done to our animals through unethical breeding, or make them understand how we feel about what they've done to us personally. I have all the paperwork, I was there (through all of it). I know we did a fecal test, and I even got the wrong AKC registration papers (for some woman in St. Louis) which is why I couldn't register Zoe. By then though, I really didn't care. The fact is, I have my dog. She is alive. And I love her. And I will do all I can (short of petty online arguing) to stop puppy mills. Good luck to you guys and your beautiful pups :-)

-Lindsey-
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Lindsey +1 Votes
Mike will continue to scam...I am sorry...it's all about the money...I will help if I can. But he's a good con, and I was desperate and bought his act because I needed a service dog :-(
 27th of Jul, 2008 by   socalgoldens +1 Votes
I have never done business with these people; however, I am so sick of others complaining about things they either A) Know nothing about or B) think they are getting something that is "Perfect." THERE ARE NO PERFECT DOGS.
You customers look at us and as long as you get the perfect, trained, healthy, most beautiful dog, you like us. If there is a problem we are worse than the dog crap we clean up 24/7.
Hip Dysplasia-Well, first, it is inherent in the breed. A young pup or dog may show what is called a "sloppy ball and joint" that will remedy itself. But..take that dog to an ortho and they will tell you that if you do not fix this before age 1yr. your dog will be lame. My first Golden had this diagnosis at 4 months. After $800. in X-rays, consults with specialists, etc. I was advised to have the ever so popular $4000. hip surgery. I declined. It was the one time I was glad I didn't have the money. Six years later he was limping and I thought "It must be the hip dysplasia cathcing up with him." Another round of X-rays at yet another specialist only to find out he had an ant bite. But to my dismay when I said "How bad are his hips?" The ortho doc said "Why would you ask that, his hips are excellent." Then went on to explain the sloppy ball and joint. What really made me mad was I had him neutered as I didn't want to pass the "hip dysplasia" and he was from a Gr. Champion, and his grandfather is Amberac's Mesmerizing Mickey.
Another problem is you new puppy owners that let your children race through the house with the new pup chasing and "skidding" around corners on the hardwood floors. Or...you let them jump off hillsides, couches, beds. Or...you overfeed. Or... you take them out jogging or walk them too mcuh, or play frisbee with them watching them jump completely off the ground.
If you know how to read the pedigree you will see many of the Gr. Champs are only rated fair at 24 months and they still breed pups for years.
Regarding-Giardia, Coccidia, and the other 114 parasites pups can get. Sorry folks, but it comes with the territory. It is a puppy. Puppies eat bird crap, cat crap, their own crap, and anything else within reach.
Us breeders do the best we can. We worm them, give them shots, but we can't be sure they are not harboring something unknown to us.
The "We are only in it for the Money issue" Are you serious? I know you sit there and add up the amount we charge and multiply by the pups and we must look like we are rolling in the dough. There is not enough space to list the costs involved in raising a litter of pups. The out put to get a pair. Then the care of that pair, the training, the feeding, the clean up, the shots. Then the pups are born. There is the whelping area, the supplies to clean, the pest control that has to be pup friendly, the kennel license, the city license, the taxes, state and federal, then the BOE wants their share. The AKC paperwork, the advertising, the fielding calls that can last for hours answering the same questions over and over, the vet checks, stool samples check, the websites, the paperwork, the worry when one pup seems extra small, or when the mom decides she doesn't want to nurse so you have to bottle feed. The calls after the pups leave, as you try to help people housebreak the pup. All your time. The clean up. It is a 7 day a week 24 hour a day job. Just when you think you may make some money...boom a $2000.00 C-section, or you need repairs on your kennel.
Then the people that do not read the contract. You wonder why you get a negative response. The contract says it is your responsibility to do whatever. You choose not to. What if we said "Oh, by the way we forgot to mention that if you call us and wake us up because Rover has fleas we are going to bill you for our time??? That wouldn't go over too well now would it?
We work harder than most of you have ever worked in your entire life and make a hell of a lot less.
I know there are times that things or pups just don't turn out like any of us thought. We are very sorry about that. We do the best we can and the majority of the time people are very satisfied with the pups. We and I speak for myself, try our best to even go out of our own contract to help when there is a problem.
Please remember dogs are living creatures with flaws. And they don't live forever. People tell me "I don't want a dog that may get hip problems, cancer, etc." I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you are planning on living more than say 13-16 yrs there is about a 100% chance you will watch your dog die.
If you want a perfect pet then get one of those virtual dogs, but remember they take batteries.
To the person that needed a service animal. Most areas have places they recommend that train service animals and sell them trained. I donate to one such organization and they send their behaviorist out to test the pup or older dog (personality) before they take it. Or you could take a behaviorist with you to a shelter or breeder to pick out the proper dog.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   silverminekennel 0 Votes
This complaint is a duplicate of the one posted by Armin please read the answer there.
 18th of Aug, 2008 by   Lindsey 0 Votes
Who ever said anything about perfect? I never thought I would be getting a bullet proof pup. But, I have to admit, I didn't think Zoe would be near death when she got to my door step alright? Complaint over and done.

I in no way understand what it's like to be a dog breeder/shower/trainer. They definitely have their work cut out for them, and do a fantastic. But you know what? They chose that passion and career path, just as I have chose mine. So no need to sit them up on a pedestal.

I know that you don't know the whole circumstances here, but I'm just not going to explain myself and my families situation any longer. We love our dog, and have taken great care of her, and unfortunately have had to make up for the crappy care that she got in the beginning of her life. We are just lucky to have her in our lives.

p.s. I tried to get a service animal (through an organization) but it was to expensive.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   socalgoldens +1 Votes
Silvermine is a fine golden retriever breeder. When I first made the comment regarding the other comments I had not done business with Silvermine but was tired of breeders being blamed for not caring for their pups.
Since then I became interested in Silvermine. I contacted Mike and found him to be a great source of information regarding the Golden Retriever.
I decided to purchase a pup from Silvermine. I had never had a pup shipped before and was nervous regarding the shipping and picking out a pup from a picture.
Mike walked me thru each step, the pup arrived safe and sound. A well socialized, chubby, little 8 wk. old. All the paperwork was in order and I have absolutely no complaints.
Everything was exactly as promised. Each time I have called Mike to give him updates on her, he seems genuinely interested and I would recommend him to anyone.
 17th of Dec, 2008 by   Brooke S. 0 Votes
I have to begin by saying I would recommend Silvermine Kennel to anyone I felt would be a responsible owner of new puppy ( and I have referred several people to them). I have known Mike and Claudia for about a year and a half now, and they have been nothing short of excellent. I bought a female from them and she is wonderful, she has been the best dog and is absolutely beautiful and healthy. I have been so happy with her I have reserved two more puppies from Silvermine and can't wait to get meet my new additions to the family. I have found that the majority of people that have problems with Silvermine are other breeders that are jealous of Silvermine's excellent puppies and feel there only way to help themselves is to put down the competion. It's so sad to see that other breeders can't rely on the quality of their own dogs to sell them, obvisously they know Silvermine's dogs are of better quality, and unfortunatly that's why most of these lies are started...it's pitiful!
Also I'd like to state that my dog has been perfectly healthy, and I aid in that by feeding her a healthy diet (not table scraps) keeping her vaccines up to date and routine vet checks with fecal exams (this is basic, and this would tell you if your pup has worms, how could your vet miss something so simple? All you had to do was worm her and she would have been fine, this would have probably cost me about $15.00 at, my vet at the most, I think if anyone is money hungry in this whole scenerio it's your vet!!). You can't blame Silvermine for your short-comings, if you don't take care of your dog like a responsible owner how can you exspect a flawless pup?
As for the comment about the hip dysplasia, if you had done your research on Golden Retrievers before you decided on a puppy you would have found that this problem is common in Goldens and is something that the breeder can screen for but no way of knowing what genes may be passed on. Even to breed two dogs with good ratings there is still that chance you may have some dysplastic puppies and Silvermine guarantees their puppies, it's not their fault you chose not to take advantage of their offer, which is more than most breeders would do.
I am sorry about your Zoe, and I hope she is doing well now.. I wish nothing but the best for your baby... and I'm sorry if I've offened you in my post I am only defending what I know is true, and I feel that people need to see what wonderful people Mike and Claudia are and I will gladly stand behind them and my dogs I got from them.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   retriever fam 0 Votes
We purchased a pup from Silvermine that arrived 10 weeks after stated birth. Our pup weighed 9lbs, had a distended belly and boney frame. His hair was coarse but we attributed it to being young. He had large amounts of frank blood in his stools within the first week of arriving. He went to the vet and had a number of tests run. He came up positive for two different parasites. He received medication and when we thought he was better, he had blood in his stools again. Turns out he had yet another parasite. The expenses associated with ruling out parvo, bleeding disorders, infection, bowel obstructions, etc and other common illnesses found in puppies can be expensive, especially when incurred on a weekend or off-hours. These are things one would think a breeder would be aware of.Our dog, like all the dogs from this breeder, was an expensive purchase. $300-400.00 spent on medical bills within the first month of purchase is inexcusable. We also called Mike Denny but he denied his dogs suffered from any problems. Seems a bit fishy to me. I agree with the first posting. Given the size of our pup on arrival and his immediate problems, i feel safe to say that this breeder isn't providing great care for his puppies and appears to be in it only for the money. It truly is a shame. It is a lesson learned. The next dog we adopt will be purchased only after a thorough site visit and great recommendations. Buyer beware!!!
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Love our Golden +2 Votes
This is crazy! Yes I agree pups can get into things. BlAH BLAH BLAH. You don't pay $2500 or more to get a sickly underweight puppy. They have 21 breeding females listed and 7 studs on the silvermine website - RED FLAG-. If that isn't breeding for the money I don't know what is. We almost bought from them until we kept getting shifted around on different litters and imports and Mike mixing up getting us a male first when we wanted to buy a female. After seeing the pups he has I am glad we didn't fall for it. Most the pups have sloped backs and droopy eyes with the whites showing and just don't look like the Enlish Standard. I found a website called www.brightongoldens.com that explains an english golden and believe me, only a few of Silvermine dogs even fit this discription. The dogs he imported years ago. Not the dogs he is mixing now. For awhile he listed a stud that had passed away. Maybe every once in awhile a decent pup can come from this place. But the amount of puppies they keep bringing into this world is ridiculous. He only keeps the left over pups to keep breeding that don't sell (check the pedigrees). He also had a daughter at Whirlwind kennels and a son that had kennels but keeps changing his name and now his Bear Mountain Nala is having pups for Mike and Claudia. Plus all the puppyfind listings are now under Mike's wifes name, Claudia. I guess he just can't put his name out there anymore. When we dealt with them they were in Arizona. Now they are in Kentucky. Under there previous litters page, it shows some females and they forgot to put the litters of others. Because when we dealt with them, the dogs not listed had had previous litters. Beware people!!! Please visit the parents before. See the litter before you buy. Puppies are not cheap and is a lifelong investment. Be aware if the breeders charge extra for unlimited registration at an extra price. That is only a way to get more money. That means they don't care if they sale to another backyard breeder who could breed the life out of a dog with no experience just to have puppies. Yes I know Silvermine provides excellent facilities to there dogs, it is all listed on the website, looks so nice. But with 21 breeding females and 2500 or more a pup, yeah no problem. You can worm and get shots at a low cost. Hang in there everyone and do your research. There are descent English Cream Goldens available.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   silverminekennel +1 Votes
In answer to Retriever Fan I don't know who this is so it is impossible to respond completely. I will comment that we provide our puppy buyers with a warranty that pays up to $1000.00 for covered illnesses common to puppies during the first year. We do deworm our pups several times before they are homed with two different dewormers to cover almost all worms. The last parasite is not named but puppies get things such as Coccidia and Giardia but if it followed the pups arriving by a month it did not come from here.

In response to Love our Golden. We make no secret of the number of dogs that we own nor of the fact that we make money breeding dogs. I wonder if the kennel that this person got her dog from gave it to her or if she had to pay for it. If they gave it to her go there for your pup. I suspect that this person is just repeating what a jealous breeder has told her. Just a look at our site will show that our puppies are not sub-standard. All of our breeding dogs meet breed standard. I suppose that you could say that any dog we keep is a left over pup but in reality we keep only the first picks of our litters . We continue to import dogs from Europe all of them have pedigrees that are equal to or better than our existing lines. Nala did belong to one of our daughters she has 2 small children and when her husband got cancer she decided that she could not breed at this time and we purchased Nala from her. Claudia is the person here that does the website advertising so naturally her name is on many of those sites, mine is also included on many. I am not "hiding out". Yes we moved to Kentucky from Arizona so we could have more room for our dogs. We left 5 acres for 54 acres. the previous litters page is a work in progress and litters are added as we have time to work on that page. We always welcome visitors to our kennel to see the truth for yourself. We also have posted on our "Clients Share" page many many letters from clients who are very happy with their pups. Many of these people have visited our kennel, both announced and unannounced and have found things here just as they are pictured on our site.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Love our Golden 0 Votes
Jealous Breeder! Yeah keep telling yourself that. We almost bought a puppy from you in early 2007. That litter didn't cover, we were pushed to another and another failed to cover. I guess that happens. Finally by August (6 months later) you possibly had a Russian pup for us. Then you tell us a male will be available when we had faxed a form and $500 agreement to purchase a female. Oops you got confused. Other flakey events happened that changed our mind from buying with Silvermine. I still have the email from early 2007 to remind me of the mistake I almost made. The only thing that felt good about doing business with Silvermine was getting our deposit back. Of course I paid for the pup I got. But I did my research and it didn't come from a farm pumping out eight or so litters every three months. Ever heard of over population or do you care? I imported from Europe and no they have never even heard of Silvermine (not repeating what some jealous breeder has told me). They show their dogs and win Kennel awards and dog shows. All of the pedigrees have winners not just a few and not one of them looks like Duece, Concho Angela, Wilma, Belle or Breezy. Yes you have some other nice looking dogs, but seriously you think Deuce or Concho meeet standards? Okay Silvermine's view and mine differ a lot then. Not once do I question your dogs personalities, I am sure they turn out good pets. Your clients page says so. Goldens that are American or English are great dogs. I never question your facilities either. I am sure they are great. I see threads out there were people have had good experiences with Silvermine and others like myself who are glad they went with their gut feeling. My Golden import is a great dog and I dealt with a great breeder in Europe as I am sure Silvermine does when he imports all the Russian litters as a puppy broker. There are only a few websites out there that explain a true English Cream Golden with the true standards. Do your own research puppy buyers. Don't jump at the first website out there that says SNOWY WHITE or Platinum BLonde! That is a sales tactic like a designer dog! Not to support Silvermine, but all of the dogs I have ever had throughout life -all breeds- have had some kind of worm. As puppies, they all get them you need to have the fecal tests done to check . Even the scary Giardia worm. But, I have always picked my pups up in person and they have never never never been underweight or taken to a vet within days close to death. Pick your breeders carefully as I said before. That is all I can say -do your research- I hope you have a good puppy experience that gets you a great dog to spend years with.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Love our Golden 0 Votes
I found a good website to check out. Heroes Gold Golden Retriever. Check out the CHOOSE A BREEDER SECTION. Breeder, Brooker or Pet Store? This would help many in search for the right direction to look for in a puppy breeder.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Love our Golden 0 Votes
By the way Silvermine, it is 1st not 1rst.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   Dmac 0 Votes
Who cares if someone breeds for money. I would think that would be a plus if they breed for money. They have a stake in how well their puppies are doing and I would assume invest large amounts of money to continue their business's success. If you have pure bread dogs that have puppies, and you sell them, you are breeding for money. I have no problem at all with that. It sounds to me like these guys did everything they could to make this lady happy including paying some medical bills and offering to replace the puppy. THEY TRIED TO REPLACE THE PUPPY! . Isnt that a show of good faith. It just doesnt sound like something a crook would do.

Identity-Fraud